What is your country's greatest natural wonder?

What is your country's greatest natural wonder?

Hard mode for Americans: no grand canyon

Amazon, Iguaçu Falls or Lençóis Maranhenses.

I personally like Sumidero Canyon.

Shit, forgot pic.

OP, as well as Death Valley and Yellowstone. Picrelated is near Yellowstone.

These all look pretty stunning tbqh

They look WONDERful, don't they?

Białowieża Forest.
One of the last intact primeval forest in Europe.

Natural habitat to our forest cow, european bison (which should've been in our CoA instead of the shitty eagle we got 2bh).

It was ruined first by the Russians, until the partitions the forest was unpopulated and the bison population were "property of king" and killing them was forbidden.
One Tsar abolished the law, bison population was populated, another tsar reestablished the law, so locals decimated the population of predators instead.

Then the Eternal Kraut came, during WW1 they went we wuz hunterz n shit.

And during WW2 it was an area of yet another failed nazi experiment where they tried to ressurect the long extinct Auroch so Goring could run around the forest with his spear pretending he's mighty Germanic knight kek.

Post moar pictures pole

Pic is the fjord du Saguenay

What about white desert?

Painted desert. Arizona has a lot more than just the Grand Canyon

Eastern Wyoming

A lot to choose from, but probably the Great Barrier Reef. It stretches almost 2500km and is the largest coral reef system in the world.

Not really the greatest natural "wonder" per se but the great smoky mountains

maybe this

How long left till it dies?

it's really an amazing sight in person

Also, Białowieża Forest (the Belarussian part) was the place where the dissolution of Soviet Union was agreed on.

Wtf I was just watching close encounters

I kinda like scandinavian forests, maybe also New Zealand.

We have too many, cant choose.

Montana seems to be absolutely beautiful.

Makes me really sad it's dying.

I blame white people

it is

I got you senpai.

Norilsk, Russian one of the largest Russian cities by population within the Arctic Circle. Nickel mining and smelting centre.

Heavy metal pollution in the region is so high that mining surface soil is economically feasible because of high palladium and platinum residue.
Pollution combined with harsh climate makes it nearly impossible for any larger plant to grow naturally here, there are only few trees within miles from the smelting plant.

The smelting plant is called Nadezhda, meaning "Hope" in Russian.
God I love the grim soviet humor.

Estonia only has swamps and trees.

I would go with Sumidero, although mentions should also go to Barrancas del Cobre, el parque Popo-Iztla, el arrecife Alacranes, las grutas de Cacahuamilpa, amongst quite a few others. Some of the most unique natural wonders in Mexico involve fauna however, picture El Vizcaino, this is the sanctuary in which gray whales come to breed and give birth.

looks nice. sort of like bavaria or switzerland

And of course the Monarch butterfly sanctuary, I'm legit unable to find images that can truly do it justice, I visisted as a kid and it was awe inspiring to watch a full forest of trees like pictured.

lel

Damn that is beautiful

You should have replied with
>Really makes you WONDER.
:^)

my meme-fu is weak

Wow, really cool

>yfw you find out it's a migration where once they leave the forest their descendants won't be back for several generations after they somehow know where to go over the thousands mile journey

A personal favorite which is our most endangered and I've only seen on a couple of ocasions, cloud forests.

Same as with the gray whales at Vizcaino, these animals roam all the way to Canada, for the butterflies it is several generations doing the trip, then return to specific places in Mexico. Some birds also do the trip like geese and ducks I think go all the way down to Central America. We do actually share these wonders as if any link in the chain fails we all loose them.

I'm probably breaking the theme a bit, but a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway is very scenic, especially as you go more north.

Fuck you guy

Too bad the commies ruined it beyond saving.

we have lots for a small country

Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland

Does this count?

Why the fuck does that look comfy to me
It makes no sense
WHY

>comfy
m8 that looks like a bunch of carandirus put together.

Niagara falls you dick

Also for my current location Mt Fuji

There are so many, but I suppose it would have to be this one

pretty sure its still locked down so foreigners can't go there

they're probably breeding mutant supersolders there or something

All of ours are really boring in comparison.

this is one kind of a rare natural phenomenon. actually two, because there are springs of mineral water and combination of these two is specially rare... But it doesn't look very impressive to me...

looks nice

Looks cool as fuck desu.

Should film a dystopian movie there.

The Katla volcano (pic related, 1918 eruption) has been showing activity lately (earthquakes) and might erupt soon.

Our women

Mud Volcanoes

nice...

big trees

how did they ruin it?

This is pretty cool, looks like some Lord of the Rings shit

That looks like that stage in street fighter 5

Pretty much everything

Few foreigners know these

A rock balancing on another rock that was rounded by ice during the ice age

god damn it living in the city and suburbs has ruined me, I'd forgotten how beautiful our country is.

And the pic

what about this?

It is forbidden to swim in them

here is another one:
Tovel lake with its red water caused by a kind of waterweed

Lake Balaton probably

Gonna post a couple just from my state. Maybe not 'natural wonders', but just cool natural things that are here that I have on my computer.

Here is one of the best examples worldwide of tessellated pavement.

we have those here too
the water is fucking hot

This is Wineglass Bay. I'm sure that there's a better photo, but this is the one I have saved.

This is the Bay of Fires. The rocks are known for having a red covering.

The entirety of Finland is a natural wonder in Europe desu

>natural

Here's some comfy Finnish forest

How common is it to find a meme in there?

Japan is most Forested 1st world country.

comfy Japanese forest

Damn, that water is BLUE. Almost looks painted.

>Heavy metal pollution in the region is so high that mining surface soil is economically feasible because of high palladium and platinum residue.
Jesus Christ.

>volcano
>inside ANOTHER volcano
If I ever become a supervillain, I know EXACTLY where I'm building my secret lair.

Looks pretty comfy desu senpai. Makes me wanna hang around.

stump of yggdrasil?

The lake and peak District

Such a shame that the burgers are occupying such a beautiful country.

atleast the sharts aren't whiney natives

The Humming sand dunes