Why are eastern european and asian fags so freakin good at programming?

why are eastern european and asian fags so freakin good at programming?
fossbytes.com/which-country-has-best-computer-programmers-china-russia-india-us/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YO6bEQDEMCA
mathcircle.berkeley.edu/program
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Russian_inventions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Korotkevich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they like doing these meanlingless code challenges rather than having a job.

It's a symptom of arrogance masking an inferiority complex.

Uh oh, armchair psychologist reporting in!

We do it for fun. But also because we drink a lot because were poor and have time to waste.

youtube.com/watch?v=YO6bEQDEMCA

Because they have all the time in the world.

Or could it be that you all excel at rote learning, and completing iterative technical tasks , this would explain why little progress or innovation comes from mongols, it also makes sense if you consider the collectivist culture of not standing out and dreaming too highly at least they are good at maintaining things

because good american programmers either get promoted past the point of actual programming or get hired by the intelligence community

because we aren't developing technology for fat ppl 80% of our time

>tfw my country not in there
We're literally nobodies

It's the squatting.
It makes em smarter.

they've more geniuses, sadly enough more retards too

/thread

nice article by Adarsh Verma, that one guy "who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security."

the number people who program well in the US is very small, but the people who, in 2016, wanted to participate in programming, regardless of their dismal ability, was large. the other countries don't have the influx of normies that the US has

Fewer opportunities to earn 50k+ in eastern europe. However with a used PC and C++/ASIC design/machine code skills it's possible. So some try and many succeed.

Programmer != hacker though.

In my opinion (polefag here) it's about the way we're taught maths.

And Russia is even better example, our teacher used to bring some old soviet workbooks and give extra hard assignments from those (but sometimes even fucking private lessons!) for the worst people in the class.

This. Croatian here, and the math we do in 7th and 8th grade is at least 10th grade math in England and US and our high school math is university freshman and sophomore level math. I know because I went to university in the United States.

they study math very thoroughly

Better (more technical, more serious, more intense) K-12 education. Seriously.

These. Ex-soviet bloc countries have relatively math-intensive education which they inherited from communist times, when they tried to produce as many engineers as possible to feed their heavy-industry-oriented economy. It's all been going to shit for quite some time now, with math education getting systematically dumbed down each year.

poland

Pola pola

> programming
you mean solving math problems
none of those stupid "coding challenge" websites ever test actual programming skills like efficiency, architecture, or patterns

can't say code challenges are meaningless if we are considered one of the best in the field, though. i guess people from the west focus on money way too much but it's not like they have a choice.

a da li da nam ga popusite malo?

How a website making coding challenge is qualified to determine who is the best at programming?
Why doesn't it disclosed its population and occupation?
Maybe if we saw that there was 10 time more Russian and that all of them were jobless, we could understand how they become so efficient at shitting programming challenge instead of doing something useful with their "knowledge".

cuz the majority of burgertards dont have logic..
>see Sup Forums for proof

>All the high population count countries have the most

Wooooow!

People would to say this about Asian classical musicians when I was growing up, "they're good at scales but they can't play music"

Fast forward 35 years and literally no major label is putting out albums with white people on the cover except maybe Hillary Hahn

People will fall back onto all kinds of convoluted logic to save face when the evidence of someone else's superiority is staring them straight in the face

This

No major label is putting any asian anywhere, no exception. checkmate chink.

This tbqh. Hubris once again will be the downfall of an empire

>implying patterns are difficult
go back to school brainlet

Because we sit on our asses and learn this shit, instead of wasting our time being arogant manchildren, discussing meaningless crap like superiority of Vue over React or why Rust will soon replace every other language.
Faggot.

I hate articles like that. How are they measuring the "best" programmers? Define "best".

It's fucking retarded. You know damn well the author of that article is from one of those countries.

I mean, let's think about it, though. you write an article like this, and it becomes popular. What happens? People's minds get molded into thinking it's true, the best programmers are from those countries.

I just looked at the article:
>HackerRank, a free coding practice website, has published a study showing which countries have the best programmers and developers.

Let's fix that:
>HackerRank, a free coding practice website, has published a study showing the best programmers and developers on their platform.

HackerRank !== world.

Also, look at that little fucking Poo Poo
>Adarsh Verma

Autism

As Czech, which is as western as Slav can get, can confirm. Math-heavy education (even though it changes now because muh feels and muh humanities.) I consider myself fucking weak in math, but in comparison with people I know of the similar age from the west, just damn. Back when I was studying, math was second most time-consuming subject and was everywhere, even on specialized art schools

That thing is more statistics on hacker rank and the solution might be just why so many of them use hacker rank

>like efficiency
have you ever seen one of those "stupid coding challenges"?

Croatia is not an ex-Soviet bloc country.

>czech
>western slav
Nah man, Slovenia and Croatia are as western as slavs can get. Czech Republic is a shithole outside of Prague. Your fucking trains don't have proper toilets, when you flush you open a hole onto the tracks.

Eastern European are good because they had to cheat the gommie system to have a better life

Hungarian here (Love you Poland.)
Can confirm this.

MATH CIRCLES MY NIGGAS

mathcircle.berkeley.edu/program

>the countries where the most malware originates from are on top
hmmm

Those are the countries with the biggest populations.
No wonder the best programmers are from there.

Talks about Eastern Europe and Asia posts kike

Yeah, little innovation, like sending the first man into space, or you know all of these:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Russian_inventions

never mind some of the best music and literature the world has ever seen. Why are Americans so stupid and ignorant?

Because all you CAN do with low end equipment is code and hack.
I did the most real programming and hacking when I had a TI-994A from a garage sale, which had no floppy and no tape drive. It had some shit cart games, but also, it had TI-BASIC built into the hardware. SO I would write code in notebooks, from old gaming magazines and so forth, and then from my imagination, for animations and songs and so on, and type it all out and bugtest it in real time, and then keep it running until everyone I could get to look at it looked at it, and then into the abyss of my notebook from whence it came.

It is the same with old beat up cheap hardware now. You learn linux because you can get it free and reinstall as much as you want, and if you've got usb drives or a bunch of cheap DVDs, you can try as many flavors as you like, even BSD.
And you can learn everything to do on it for free on line. So you do.
And THEN you learn that people with money don't know what a shell even IS most of the time, and you steal money from them by getting them to download your botnet bitcoin miner or whatever.

But how they teach math there?
Here: a Latin American shot hole math is very boring and the teachers are shit.
Math here is like an obstacle in university..

isnt the lisp notation called polish notation ?
they think in computers yo !!!
polish were really close to solving the enigma before they were invaded

The degree to which our education is fractured is disgusting. I've seen the results every year on my alma mater, where people from some math-focused gymnasiums were absolutely clueless while people from other gymnasiums were alright. The laughable level of our final high-school exams is the cherry on top of the system trying to dumb the population down. Can you believe the universities still take you without exams if you have good grades? Wtf.
Seriously, fuck that shithole, i'm so glad i spent my childhood in books and secured a position in a good institution abroad. The quality of students from our country, even mff, is rapidly declining.
>outside of Prague
Opinion disregarded. The most cancerous city in that shithole, an exemplary specimen of what happens when tourism is the only thing you have, like Croatia.

if have nothing better to do, why not code?

My boss at my last job was Russian, and I worked with external teams in Russia.

Russians have a very competitive bro culture, and are not afraid to be """mysoginistic""". They dislike weakness. They tend to be balls to the walls programmers. Actually had a very good time working with them. Even their women are very masculine and aggro which helps a lot in development and meeting participation.

They stress proofs and critical thinking through mathematics. Teaching analytical skills. Both my parents grew up in Poland and don't have more than a high school education, but could both probably out perform most non stem college graduates in math tests.

There was this Russian kid who came to the states his final year of high school in my friends intro proofs class, which is like a sophomore / junior level class. He would just show up for the exams and quizzes and get As. He said it was because he learned the same stuff in high school. Was really good at CS also for the same reason. Said he was middle of his class in Russia.

The problem is that US math is all just chugging numbers into equations, which is why most people get turned off by it. Read some books about proofs like How to Prove It and you will see what real mathematics is about. Math is all about teaching yourself and being obsessed with it. That's how you get good, not everyone is a prodigy

>But how they teach math there?
By randomly calling people to the blackboard, throwing a problem at them and humiliating the fuck out of them if they can't solve it and solve it quick. Repeated multiple times every single day year after year after year.

yeah, no. 95% of people doing this challenges are from two best universities, the rest doesn't give a fuck

>Even their women are very masculine and aggro

bitter anglo detected

>when you flush you open a hole onto the tracks
Did that scare you? Did you worry your meters long horse cock will get bruised by the tracks?
Of course you didn't.

No, but Prague train station smelled like shit so i was afraid of getting a 3rd world disease.

The virgin soviet
>learns advanced math or gets sent to gulag
The chad capitalist
>doesn't even know calculus, makes $300k

But that's a shity way of teaching, maybe they give to you the proper material in other to learn it by yourself, so you don't have any excuse to not knowing your shit.
Here the material is shit and you Need the professor to explain it.
And the professor treate you like shit.

Because it's the only ticket out of our countries.

Sure thing Pedro

Education in Warsaw Pact countries put a lot of emphasis on sciences usually at the cost of everything else.
6th graders in Russia or Poland do exercises which in the US would be classified as high-school material

ITT
>Americans are still superior
>They just don't WANT to engage in competition

Why would they? They can just buy them out if they make something cool.

>Fast forward 35 years and literally no major label is putting out albums with white people on the cover except maybe Hillary Hahn
Let's completely ignore the fact that major artists putting out major music for major labels are just whores for rent who do the stupid monkey dance and the lyrics, the music is written by someone else.

>How to Prove It and you will see what real mathematics is about
Cool I will read it user.
But there they give you a good material to read and learn by yourself?
Here books are very shifty.
Professors trate you like shit and you need to pay for a personal teacher to learn.. It is a shit, they literally cut your wings ;__;

>50k+ in eastern europe
Unless you're an entrepreneur or work for an international company, it's fucking impossible.
Programming hurts less than being a drug mule, though.

>put a lot of emphasis on sciences usually at the cost of everything else
Could you explain it user

Meanwhile NSA is still crying Kaspersky discovered their best tools.

Okay.

The state wanted people to be uncultured swines capable of solving practical problems.
No idea how to put it so an american would understand.

I'm not American.
So in gommi countries the state wanted that people solve engineer problems but at the same time maintain them uncultured retards to not stand against that shity system?

Most of greatest minds of past 2 decades come from Middle/Eastern Europe countries. I am not even EE/ME.

Well what benefit do they have other than agrandizing the winners?

They might be fun to participate in, but IMHO they aren't fun to watch.

I also sometimes keep an eye on the results for useful new algoritms, but they're mostly copy pasted

> i guess people from the west focus on money way too much but it's not like they have a choice.

true dat

>rather than having a job.
t. shovels shit for minimum wage and thinks he's superior compared to skill labor.

Just means that only crappy US programmers care to enter

If it helps you to think I do unskilled labour for a living, knock yourself out

Unfortunately, this is probably somewhat true.

better education
ppl do it for fun(if you do it only for money you would hang yourself)

t.EE

This. Canadian schools are fucking garbage that dont teach you anything. Calculus wasnt a required course, japanese kids learn calculus in first year of high school. its a sad joke

My company is 75% outsourced and 25% in-house. I am a senior developer now and sit on a lot of interviews for both outsourced and in-house hires. The eastern europeans always have A LOT of experience (that can be proven) compared to Americans of the same age. I'd honestly take a 25 year old Ukrainian any day of the week over a 25 year old American. Americans also bitch and complain a lot more and demand high salaries.

> Americans also bitch and complain a lot more and demand high salaries.
It's almost like they have to live in a country with a higher standard of living.

Best mathematicians are Russian
Best maths books are in Russian
Best polish mathematicians were taught by russian ones
List goes on

If it really is that a nation's mathematical capabilities is an influence on programming capabilities, then that explains why France is pretty high up on that list, given their history.

Yes, but that is not going to work in an ever expanding global economy. Eventually US based developers will have to take a pay cut or they will be replaced. This has happened in other industries, just because it's tech does not make it special.

Although Trump seems to be putting huge tariffs on outsourced stuff so there is a chance at least for the next several years this is avoided.

They didn't want them getting hung up on stupid liberal middle class bullshit like "does my life have meaning? I should leave my wife because she doesn't fulfill my inner life. I should risk my financial and social stability by taking hard drugs because I heard that the artists I really want to emulate did that, and maybe if I do it I too will become a creative savant." and so on.

Lifestylism is the cancer killing capitalism.

>to not stand against that shity system?
To lose national sentiment.

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

>developers
>hackerrank

Fun fact: 50% of russians believe Sun revolves around Earth.

Kek, a challenge: name a program written by a slav.

>Well what benefit do they have other than agrandizing the winners?
i took part in such competition to find an intership. it's a good thing to put in your cv if you have no experience. the fact that you are active shows employers that you care, i guess.
>They might be fun to participate in, but IMHO they aren't fun to watch.
oh, my. i can't imagine anyone watching those. i would only participate. i agree with this.

this

>It's all been going to shit for quite some time now
can confirm, in my shitty country it pays more to stack shelves in supermarket than work as a teacher, most teachers especially maths/physics/chemisty are getting old and there is real shortage of them.
Hell there is relatively large number of college and univeristy professors fro who work as cab/bus drivers part time
its that bad

nginx
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Elcomsoft password cracking tools
ABBYY FineReader

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Korotkevich

>they like doing these meanlingless code challenges

Yeah I notice this, especially with Indians. They love taking part in challenges or getting IT certifications, but don't do anything meaningful.