Year of the GNU/Linux desktop!

nah, maybe when vulkan is used by games, snappacks are easy to get, kde is no longer buggy, and win10 completely shits the bed more than it already has

with all of that combined, linux marketshare might reach 10%

Hope not. Don't want normies to ruin the fun.

why is compton so laggy when i have a video on one screen and a very white website on the other? ALSO why the fuck cant i disable opacity/set it to 100? why the only option is 99%? it doesnt make any sense

>with all of that combined, linux marketshare might reach 10%
For desktops you mean I assume. My body is totally ready fro this.

No, it's still far from ready.

How cone every new year is "the year of GNU/Linux" yet nothing ever changes?

because there's 9 million things that have to go right for Linux in order for normans to change over

basically this, plus almost all games run on Linux, MS Office runs on Linux, and OEMs stop selling preinstalled windows (and pass savings to consumer so people are more willing to choose Linux machines over windows for cost savings).
Also make it so one never has to see a terminal in their life.

enjoy your screen tearing linfags

>what is wayland

>what is xcomposite

Learn to computer.

This user gets it.
I don't want BNU/benix to become mainstream, it would be absolutely ruined.

ah-bloo-bloo!!!!!

The feminism of Linux windowing software.

>what is compton, kwin, mutter, and compiz

Spotted the Proprietary user

>Also make it so one never has to see a terminal in their life.
This. It's all about this.. maybe gaming too a little... But Linux at this time it's still scary for the nornies

GNU/Linux*

2020 would be since w7 is rekt then. By that time WINE would be very functional. It now supports DX10 and DX11, and is runnable on android. All that normies and transitional people need is PlayOnLinux pre-installed. Distros like ZorinOS will probably be used then.

You can disable opacity. What DE is this?

You realize windows also has tearing? This is apparent in videogames which run over 60fps (or whatever your max screen framerate is) and the only way to fix it is to use vsync. Linux only tears on light compositors which are defaults on Xfce and LXDE. It's fixed by installing Compton.