Is it just me or is it hard to find a good laptop? Most have shit specs for their price or have shit build quality

Is it just me or is it hard to find a good laptop? Most have shit specs for their price or have shit build quality.
I'd look at gaming laptops but ideally I don't want to carry the equivalent of a brick in my backpack

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-budget-gaming-laptop-so-far/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

www.apple.com

Shill spotted

i have no vested interest in people purchasing apple products but to claim that it’s hard to find a laptop with good specs and solid build quality is absurd, they’re just refusing to consider all the options like the brandwhores they are

what makes all the laptops you've seen so bad?

shit specs and shit build quality? the specs are whatever you want them to be, you pick the computer based on specs, yo. build quality is a little harder, but pretty much all laptops on the market are decent build quality, what makes the ones you've looked at so bad in terms of build quality?

Pretty much its just the hinge, imho, that can be bad enough to consider the whole build quality of the laptop bad.

If you just want it to "feel" like its expensive or built with high quality components, than apple might just be your only decent feeling laptop. All other laptops, even the ones that look just like macbooks, feel cheap in comparison.

If you want a computer with high end specs you buy or build a desktop, end of story. There is literally no reason to cram the performance of a gaming desktop into a laptop chassis. not only is it impossible, its impractical to even try

Laptops are for getting work done, not gaming. If you want to have gaming on the go, then get a 3DS.

/tpg/

Dell

Why do you need a powerful laptop on the go?

Try dis: thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-budget-gaming-laptop-so-far/

Only the XPS 15

refurbished business grade bruh

If you want to game, build a desktop (maybe not now with GPU prices getting fucked, but eventually).

If you need a computer for on the go, either accept that you won’t have the most powerful system or be a loser and buy a gaming laptop.

I game at home on a mid tier rig, and use a laptop from 2005 with Gentoo when I’m on the go. It suits my needs because I’m not a loser that plays video games in public.

>what makes all the laptops you've seen so bad?
not OP but modern laptops seem to all have flimsy keyboards and displays since the big market is mobile phones and nobody cares about laptops or netbooks

is the let's note series worth it? it looks cute and durable enough for regular use, and the specs are alright, but i can't really tell build quality from just an image

>Price to performance
No

>apple
>price to performance ratio
I'd post a pic of my sides but they're so far away from Earth Sup Forums won't let me post it

performance is not nearly as important in a laptop as it is in a desktop, which is why most faggots who look at laptops this way end up with poorly built pieces of shit that have good specs on paper
what does matter
>input devices
you can’t change these. having a good trackpad and keyboard is imperative. macbooks debatably have a good keyboard but most definitely have the best trackpad on the market by leaps and bounds
>battery life
again, an area that apple’s entire product line excels in. there are windows laptops that have similar battery life but they’re definitely the exceptions and not the rule
>display quality
lots of manufacturers do this pretty well actually, but windows sucks ass at high DPI scaling so apple also wins at this
>boot times
the pcie samsung drives apple uses are fast as fuck
>build quality, particularly in the hinges
apple’s hinges are the bomb and in my experience wear out less over time, and the tension is tuned so you can open the laptop with one hand without having to hold the bottom of the computer down
magsafe is also nice. the two things that have broken on my X1 yoga since I bought it are the hinges binding up and the yellow bit holding the pins on the charging port falling off, apple addresses both of these things

Dell latitude or Xps 15 or a reused Thinkpad

This x100

>I don't want to carry the equivalent of a brick in my backpack

>one brick
>heavy

How degenerated americans are?

>www.apple.com
Oh great, now my low spec-to-price ratio CPU throttles all the time as well!

dudes what would you choose between an i5-7300hq with gtx 1070 (8GB) vs i7-7700hq with 1060 (6GB)? Unfortunatly I move a lot and need a laptop

Laptop-shopping anywhere outside the US is a huge pain in the ass. Expect to pay at least 1.5x the price Americans pay, and expect a far more limited selection.

If you need a laptop just forget about games for a while until you have room for a PC. Gaming on laptops isn't worth it ever. Not just because the gaming sucks but also because your laptop will suck in normal use compared to other $400 budget laptops.

T H I N K P A D
H
I
N
K
P
A
D

>can easily buy individual parts for desktop PCs
>have to buy laptops in pre-built shit-packages

ThinkPads have unironically been the only machines that weren't utter disappointments for me.

Macbook Pro

A few snippets of OP's post:
>a good laptop
>shit specs for their price
>I'd look at gaming laptops
It's pretty obvious what OP is looking for and what his biggest problems with current laptops are. And still, like the idiot you are, you post the most useless piece of advice ever. Recommending a fukken fashion item.