What madness is this?

What madness is this?

Welcome to the new world

Stupid noob miners that don't realized that at that price, those cards will take 2+ years to pay themselves out, assuming the coin difficulty will increase exponentially (spoilers: it will)

*will not

Well, if China limits mining then all other countries will experience increased profits.

Yes, but not a point where 1000$ per card actually worth it.

Is this the end of PC gaming?

High end probably.
But there's still a fuckton of 750ti's around the world, and the current AAA games runs just fine on em.

thanks to the cryptofags

Why don’t stores put a fucking 2 item limit on them.

>6pack
pfft, pleb

Won't AMD and Nvidia just make miner versions of these cars eventually? What stops them from removing the display ports and changing the pci-e connection to 1x? Maybe a price drop on these miner cards?

Why would a store not sell anything they can? Isn't that their business model?

>why do stores want to make money
gee user i don't know

Nvidia/AMD should make a separate lineup for gaming and mining, but they're swimming in money anyways, why would they care

They try, but the miners buy the gaming cards anyway.

Banks will crash the market in due time. Don’t worry.

Then they should make a cheaper headless version.

so it begins... the greatest financial bubble of our time is about to burst

wow, yuo r an stable geniues, yuo shud run 4 presdint and make royal proctomations orderin which biznissess can be WINNARS! and maek all rest of them an loozarz!

Miners would still prefer gaming cards, since those would have better resale value if their is a big drop. Mining only cards would also cost only slightly less to manufacture than gaming cards, so AMD/Nvidia wouldn't be able to price them much lower.

Maybe even a renaissance, imagine AAA devs being forced to optimize their games properly to run on medium hardware. If they don't no-one will be able to play their games

Bad long term practice, gamers are their long term customers and they buy other accessories and components together whereas miners just buy the cards

We had this shit before with R9 290
The difficulty will increace, the price drop and the fags are going to lose agaun, then resell their gpus at a bargain trying to get anything back.

Mining cards have no resale value, and if things turn to shit gaming cards can be resold at 500% optional price to cuck gamers

restricting compute features on gaming GPUS will hurt a lot of power users and creative users a lot.

In fact I only need a gpu for open CL acceleration

What if they stole the graphics cards from the Sup Forums image server to sell them?

It's a Bad long term practice for nvidia/amd, since GPUs are pretty much all they do and gamers are their core stable demographic. Thats's why they still sell at MSRP prices. It's the retailers that don't give a fuck if they destroy the GPU market that hike the prices and take in the profits.

I'm talking about the stores, Nvidia and AMD are doing nothing wrong

Well stores don't give a fuck. They sell shitloads of different products and sacrificing one to make a quick buck isn't above them. It won't hurt them much when the market crashes and what they earn up to that point will be theirs.

Why are they still buying them?

Bestbuy doesn't give a shit about that, most of their revunue isn't coming from gamers. Only AMD and nvidia might.

thanks trump

Entusiast Cryptocucks falling for a scam.

If miner fags will kill bullshit AAA "modern gaming", I support them.

Free shipping though
hummmm

Can't wait for cheap VEGA and 1080 Ti cards ;)

>being this dumb
The moment it becomes too difficult, the coin price will skyrocket. It's the reason why bitcoin costs 10k. No one can really mine it anymore. Just like gaymers can't find gpu anymore.

There's also a bazillion other alt coins everyone can mine after eth becomes too difficult. Heck even mining a coin that only costs 1cent now, can make you rich in a couple of months.