Glibc vs. Musl

Argue!

Other urls found in this thread:

musl-libc.org/faq.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Almost no software supports Musl, so Glibc wins

Last I checked Glibc tends to perform faster. But I like the idea of Musl.

2 1 Argue!

/thread?
From Void wiki's musl section:
>Some programs (mostly graphical applications) will work incorrectly, or segfault when run under musl. This may be due to programs expecting some glibc-specific behavior.
Clearly musl needs more development and is missing critical functionality. It needs to implement these important features. Currently, it's incomplete.

Freedom > Botnet enabler

3 Argue!

>Almost no software supports Musl,
Source: your ass

The whole Alpine distro is based on musl and busybox.
GNU offers more related tool for debugging, testing and optimization

>monoculture and GNUism is a good thing
>muh GUI
get a load of this fucking faggot
sure many piece of software assume GNUisms, this doesn't mean jack shit about musl completeness.

Most software is GUI based, you retard

>believe in Freedom(TM)
slavery is freedom,i guess

>this doesn't mean jack shit about musl completeness.
yes it does. Musl is missing features needed for programs to properly compile. If that isn't incompleteness, I don't know what is.

Absolutely not, kid.

No, it doesn't. If software assume GNUism, it is not compiler's or library's fault. Possibly, it's glibc's or the software developer's fault.
musl-libc.org/faq.html

The software compiles and runs perfectly fine on glibc. There is no fault there. The software fails to compile or does not run correctly on musl. The fault is clearly with musl. Glibc is clearly superior.

seriously hope you're kidding at this point
I do not have an opinion on glibc vs musl but you sound like a retard

>I can't even open a fucking link: the post

3 4

musl developer is a cuckold leftist

>people get genuinely bumflustered over GNU

musl is faster, better and less complex. what's not to like.

I'm not.
It being incomplete and not ready for implementation.

>fasters
matters not with todays processors
>better
meaningless, subjective buzzword
>less complex
glibc is complex for a god damn reason, I however don't expect sucksmore fags like (You) to understand this.

this

glibc can't be statically linked without breaking DNS
musl can

what is this autism

glibc uses a plug-in architecture for DNS, which increases flexibility, at the cost of forgoing static linking.
You're free to use an alternative DNS implementation and still link glibc statically.

>static linking
why

Why dynamic linking? It only introduces drawbacks and has zero advantages really.

Most freetards programmers are making the same mistake as proprietary developers and they end with library specific dependencies because writing ansi compatible is nowadays too much trouble.

This is not permanent, people interested can fork and make, in theory, software work you can even look at the un-implemented function on the other side and try to replicate it and optimize it a la apple.
Tldr : freedom of choice is good
Enjoy your freedom and empower your software

dynamic linking means the same library doesn't have to be loaded several times in the memeory. not even with optimizations can you fully fix static linking memory bloat

Distributing 3rd party binaries for the convenience of the user

but you shouldn't really static link the c library

test

[citation needed]

>writing ANSI
common, C11 is not a crime

Daily reminder Rich Felker is a huge fucking faggot nigger.
t. someone who argued with him over Twitter because he said the Apache web server was racist.

>t. rich cucker

explain

useless memory bloat. every system has a dynamic c library, and unless you use extensions in a newer version there is no point. (you could just static link those extensions anyways)

wew
What are you talking about?
We have .deb and .rpm packages.
We've always been able to distribute binaries.

this. Sup Forums should really get a load of this cuck

I'd really love someone to try and justify this garbage

>t. someone who argued with him over Twitter
Sounds like the huge fucking faggot nigger Rich Felker found a match for himself then

Both is gayshit

What C library do you use?

Microsoft's probably