KDE

Running Kubuntu 17.10 for a few Days now. I did't run into any Problems I expect from anything KDE. In fact, I like it. It's still kinda bloated but this also improved. It's like the real upgrade from KDE3. I would like to say "Nice! Good job!" but KDE4 did exist. I will never forgive nor forget the KDE Project for that and all the drama that came with it.

So Sup Forums, what am I missing? What is the ugly in KDE5 I'm not aware, yet? I'm not as stupid to believe there isn't any, it's KDE after all.

When you add a Wi-Fi network, you have to enter the password twice, unless you disable KWallet. If you disable KWallet, some applications that communicate with a server where you need to authenticate (ownCloud) might ask for your password at every login. KDE saves Wi-Fi passwords in KWallet per default, which means you need to log in and unlock the wallet before it starts connecting. Slideshow wallpapers consume immense amounts of CPU cycles. And for the love of god, lock your widgets.

oh? fucking up something as simple as connecting to a wifi network? A CPU cycle eating Wallpaper? Now, that's the KDE I know!

Kubuntu used to be buggy as fuck but they really ironed out most of the bugs recently. I installed it yesterday and I was impressed.

That seems to be fixed.

Which one of those? I'm on 5.11.5 and I don't know of any fixes concerning these bugs.

I'm not getting KWallet spam. I just installed it yesterday (with updates on install).

The spam is only an issue if you have KWallet disabled. I have KWallet enabled with a blank password, which only leaves the 2 Wi-Fi issues. Do you know of any fix for those sans writing a patch that kicks KWallet out of plasma-nm?

No. Sorry senpai. Also, when I turned on my computer from suspend it didn't ask me for a password.

Just connected a bluetooth headset. It does a lot of neat things like adding a sound device and pairing worked too, but of course no sound. well... to be fair I haven't seen any linux distro that could handle it since sound on linux sucks.

I sedded a patch that just replaces every check if KWallet is enabled with false and it works.

I have a bluetooth headset that works fine on Linux.

works on my machine

>I haven't seen any linux distro that could handle it since sound on linux sucks.
works on my machine

Kubuntu is the wrost KDE implementation. Stay alway from this. Is bugged has fuck!

those posts again. I actually got two bluetooth headsets and multiple bluetooth devices. either you're lying or you have "fixes" you should have sent upstream a long time ago. It sure as hell won't work "out of the box" and I don't know how many hours I spend in the past trying to get it to work. Anyway it's boring but you'll get 4/10 because you made reply and I did feel a bit tired reading it.

You should try using Discovery.

I doubt, NASA would let me.

i just updated debian to 9 and the kde plasma is simply great, so comfy and nice looking, at least have a decent view of GNU/Linux is possible

That's a blatant lie. I removed KWallet right after install and everything is fine.

boo

this,

Go directly to the source, so

Either use Opensuse or KDE Neon.

>What is the ugly in KDE5 I'm not aware, yet?
Clearly you have not sampled the eldritch horror that is KMail.

>Debian 9
>Kde 5.8
>Firefox ESR

Damn nigga U stable

indeed, I never set up mail on test systems. what's going on with kmail?

Do you have bluez-firmware? It's proprietary but my bluetooth headset didn't connect properly until I installed it

granted I've only used kubuntu and mint with kde but I can't just right click an image and set as wallpaper or drag an image into the desktop configurator to use as a wallpaper

...yeah and I also tried to turn it off and on again. .. are you done giving tech support or do you even install gentoo?

I prefer OpenSUSE to Ubuntu, but KDE is alright. I'm more of a GNOME guy because it works better with my work flow.

I hate both for sucking poettings systemdick

I hate both for sucking poetterings systemdick

Can I run a LAMP stack on my android phone and host tiny rss on my phone?

wrong thread, pal. look into Bit Web Server, though.

>Bit Web Server
cheers mate. yeah, wrong thread.