How did they compile the first compiler?

How did they compile the first compiler?

they made it compile itself

You can make an entire program in machine code if you really wanted to. You can even just use 1s and 0s and do the same. Think about that for a second then ask yourself if your question is dumb or not.

They wrote it in assembler.
Not that hard if you ask me.

First you write an assembler by hand, as in you write the assembler program IN assembly already, but wrote down to a paper and manually seek out the opcodes and make your final opcode list.
Then with this, you input the assembler program to the computer.
Then with an nice assembler program, you can write a C compiler with some well organized, multifile assembly code.
And then you're done.

then do it.

this. anyone who says otherwise is a brainlet. You can write it in assembly code and binary but then how are you going to compile it? You have to make it compile itself! Idiots

Too busy programming game shit.

>needs mommy's permission to compile

They grew on trees, hence the terms "Apple" or "branch" prediction

They wrote it in machine code.

Sorry, I am incapable of thinking things out myself.

It's called bootstrapping: look up tombstone diagrams. I think the dragon book has a section on it.

has the beginning right, except that you then go on to make a C compiler written in C, and you may have an easier time making the initial, simple bootstrap compiler actually an interpreter.

If you're doing it in a world where someone has already done this, and you are, you cross compile.

***gay shit

roasted

Funny!

Just because it looks like some sort of trap?

Hey mate, is that Assembly? I was quirous as to why would you program a game in Assembly instead of a normal programming language, what are the benefits?

curious*

REKT
E
K
T

It's a game for an old 8bit computer.
Compiled languages are quite a joke for it.
Now on a modern computer with 32bit registers and shit, the compiler will always kick your ass.

The first compiler is a machine, so they just build it.

Kek

Looks cool. Why did you choose MSX in particular? Been thinking about making something for x68k.

They made voltage differentials that pushed electrons into low energy states

Computer i had as a kid, no good platform it.rs for

*No good platformers for it