Will apple ever make an upgradeable mac again?

Will apple ever make an upgradeable mac again?

Why?

No. There is not enough market for them compared to their profitable lines. Apple exist to make profit, not keep edge cases happy. They can Hackintosh if they need upgrades. If they aren't willing or able then they are amateurs who belong on a Macbook.

>Apple exist to make profit, not keep edge cases happy
Then explain the iMac Pro

they're killing mac os. they'll soon be ios/arm only.

>Then explain the iMac Pro
highly profitable.

No. Too thick. Gross.

Also they can't even be bothered to maintain a dedicated Mac product team. The phones eat everything.

Bullshit. Apple doesn't want their developers flock over to Windows. I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but my 15" MBP really is fucking awesome for developing (I write Java, Python and C++ programs)

"apple is kill"
"no"

>Then explain the iMac Pro
You think the iMac Pro is significantly upgradeable like a tower?

>you now realize the only reason you want upgradability is to save on initial purchase cost and add more ram yourself

>you now realize you aren't everybody
>you now realize customization is a thing for some people

no, they left the pro market and use "pro" only to charge more.

This has to be the best looking case ever made. Why don't they sell an ATX version they could make millions.

I dont think so...
I would not be suprised if the scrap the Mac-line and replaces it with the the Ipad pro series!
They make more money on services than hardware and software so a cloud computer is a logical step for them!

A sane filesystem layout that doesn't store binaries and libraries in a million different locations.

You upgrade with your wallet now.

They do, it's called the Bitfenix Prodigy.

>iToddler shill thread deleted
>this post gets recursively deleted as well

Really made me think.

upgradable ? ... um meh all my friends with g5's didnt tweak them that much

what i want to know is why apple havent put the exact same new imac pro guts in a slim metal box and call it a day....

It looks nice but then you realise it's ITX and doesn't have drive bay doors and the buttons/ports are on the side.

Maybe, just maybe. Their talk of making a modular Pro desktop may turn out to be, in some sense, an upgradeable mac. I'm sure that you will only be able to by the components from Apple, and it will cost you a lot, but it might be upgradeable. If this hype doesn't see something concrete by the end of 2019, then the answer is not only no, but probably no to any more desktops (Mac Pro, Mac Mini).

Not after they successfully made something like this constantly overheat and thermal throttle.

>upgrade
>plug in shitty modular accessories

Has apple made anything upgradeable since 2012?

Only with dongles.

hackintosh

they already make a profit with a 300x tax on their products and tax evasion

The current Mac Pro has socketed CPU, GPUs, and RAM.

Most people don't upgrade their PCs and Ayymd and Intel both have this annoying policy of requiring new mobos for CPU upgrades so the answer is no and what's the fucking point.

New sockets every generation is an Intel thing, AMD used AM3(+) for years before switching to AM4

Not while Tim Cook is in charge. Just build a hackintosh, it's really easy now.

Gross lizard background.

A good 18 out of every 20 people who advocate for "customization" here have probably never used a PCI-e slot for anything but a GPU, and one of them only used their expansion slots because they're running a toaster far past its expiration date.

They're faggots
Not retards

True, but that doesn't change the fact that PCI-E is awesome.

It's like travelling: It's easier than ever in the history of mankind to travel the world. But most people don't do it anyway. Should we now raze all airports because of that? Because most people don't use airports?

Trash can in '13

this

and i regret the time when there was still a dedicated mac team

Upgrades are a bitch.

>developing
>python
baiting this hard

I can get one with 32gb ram, 2 quad core xenons e5462 2.8ghz, 820 samsung ssd, and a readeon hd 5000 for $550.
Should I buy it for dabbling in machiine learning and computer vision?

I'm not arguing against expansion, adding new or non-standard interfaces, storage devices and accelerators is always something welcome on a desktop and I'm somewhat enthused to hear that Apple is at least entertaining the concept of returning to building Mac Pros worthy of being called workstations.

I'm just making fun of all of the morons here who froth at the mouth about it like it's some kind of inalienable human right despite never taking advantage of it themselves, they just pretend to value it as a talking point.

>1% margin

apple makes the bulk of their money selling accessories

This
And I believe the 27" iMac does too