Gamepads / game controllers thread

Good evening, Sup Forums. I'm considering getting picrelated to replace my Logitech Dual Action controller, is it any good or is there a better controller for PC that I'm not aware of?

My main things I was looking for are:
• The thumb sticks are on the bottom like a PlayStation controller's
• Round holes for the thumb sticks, the Logitech gamepad I have has square ones for some reason which makes playing fighting games with it almost impossible
• Buttons that are labeled like an Xbox controller's buttons are. My current controller came out before Xbox became the de facto standard for PC controllers, so the buttons have numbers on them instead which often don't match up with what a game asks me to do, triggering my autism

I almost got the Logitech F310 because it's basically a "fixed" version of what I have now that fulfills my three points I made above, but I read the reviews for it on Newegg and people are saying that it breaks relatively quickly, so now I don't really know what to do aside from going for the GAYMUR BRAND controller

XBOX controllers have been the PC standard for years now.

ds4 has proper pc support now via steam

Just buy an Xbox one the Devs that made those games assume you aren't using anything else at all

That...???

Somehow I feel like this will bite me in the ass once I venture outside of Steam for vidya

Most people who like the ergonomics of ds4 controllers will usually use some sort of dinput to xinput wrapper to trick most xinput-only games into thinking they're receiving input from an xinput controller. Steam's big picture mode happens to ship its own take on the software.

Got a Steelseries Stratus XL, literally after like two weeks of use, it registers full left stick forward and right trigger pressing without me even touching the controller. Still looking for a fix. Also the right trigger's spring makes a weird audible noise every time you push it down. Probably 3/10
i would not recommend. Just use regular DualShock 4, user.

Edit: After about half a week the right trigger started making the weird spring noise.

Gamesir controllers fit your criteria but third party controllers are usually shit.

A fellow gamer on Sup Forums? Good day, kind madam or sir. When I need to use a 'pad on my gaming rig I go with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Spaltoon Edition. It is inexpensive at only $89 and has great Bluetooth connection. It is a little big, but it is still comfortable. Happy gaming, fellow gamer :D

OMG xD Did you pre-order LABO™ too? :DD

Logitech F310, Newegg is wrong

Not even memeing but the 310 is amazing.

I have one and love it, works well on most platforms and feels good to use.

>looking got s fix
>2 weeks
Warranty it m8, it's obviously faulty, had mine months and it's great

The Xbox 360 controller is the pinnacle of gamepad design. Buy that or be gay.

I just use an xbox 360 controller. I would probably get one of those steam controllers otherwise.

My sides

He would already have to be gay to buy it.

I personally use my ps Vita as a USB gamepad
Pretty comfy t b h famalam

DS4.

On Steam it supports most functions.
Outside Steam you have DS4Windows which also supports pretty much everything you can think of except for the speaker.
On Linux, some games on Steam actually have native support for the gamepad and will use the lightbar accordingly. With ds4drv you can use the touchpad and emulate a 360 controller.

Other gamepads are just inferior. Why not have one with extra convenient buttons to bind shit to, for instance?