Windows Update 1709 bricked my computer. Did anyone else experience this...

Windows Update 1709 bricked my computer. Did anyone else experience this? My computer is now at a repair shop and I was the 7th person to bring in a computer that was bricked by the latest Creators Update.

Funny story, the Pajeet at Microsoft actually triggered it to break through Remote Desktop. This is the first time Microshaft broke my computer personally by hand. Class action lawsuit against Intel and Microsoft, anybody?

I mention Intel because the repair guy seems to think Microsoft snuck those security updates in through 1709, which is causing it to break certai computers.

If pajeet clicked the button, M$ is liable for the bricking.

Neither Windows 7 or Debian Testing have this problem.

And you need a repair shop for just a corrupted Windows? Leave this board.

this is some serious shit, did anyone at the repair shop tell you how it was bricked?

like did the update corrupt the bios?

>Windows
>computer repair shop

If you are blaming the Intel security update for bricking your computer and want a class action law suit out of it you are literally looking for a handout, upgrade your shit hardware and leave this board.

No. 1709 did however give me a few problems:
>Opening links in edge takes ages at first
>External programs opening links on browsers take at least a minute
>When using the People App CPU usage reaches 99% and it gets stuck doing fuck all
>Shitty things like some gaymes thinking that I have a 30hz display

Stick with 1703 or better yet, any other version of Windows or Loonix.

>repair shop
I doubt the legitimacy of OP

>Did anyone else experience this
Sure
>My computer is now at a repair shop
Kekd
>7th person to bring in a computer that was bricked
Then why do you even ask that question?

Neither does licking rocks, but they aren't useful.

Fall Creators Update has done the following shit to my Ryzen computer

>random freezes
>shutting down the computer (even with the shutdown.exe /s /t 0 command) often just reboots the computer (it fails to shut down but sometimes it actually shuts down completely, must be some kind of time based/date based service that prevents computer from shutting down
>randomly halved FPS in some games (144Hz monitor becomes locked to 60/30 FPS randomly
>programs and websites often launch automatically on startup even though I have fast startup disabled

And this is just Fall Creators Update. The first Creators Update and the Anniversary Update fucked me aswell on several levels.

This is not hardware issues since I installed latest version of Ubuntu (17.10.1) on a spare SSD I had lying around and there was no issues (except no graphics card drivers for Linux)

just wait for the next feature update in 6 months to fix the problems (it won't)

>Ryzen has done the following shit to my windows computer
Fixed.

Because you're a brainlet. Clearly you don't know how to update Windows yourself let alone use a computer unaccompanied by your case worker. Consider suicide.

worked before Fall Creators Update and works fine in Ubuntu

have you looked at the Windows 10 subreddit on reddit lately? Literally 95% of all posts are either tagged [Bug] or [Help] because of Windows 10 """""""""""""""""""""""""feature""""""""""""""""""""" updates that reinstall your shit and causes shit problems like these guys are experiencing:

buttmad intfail fag detected

Works on my machine :^)

Perhaps you shouldn't have pulled the power plug while it was updating. Consider suicide.

>unironically using Edge

Think of the woeful patches that linus has been rejecting from Intel. Now imagine that same thing except no Linus accountability, closed source pajeet sweatshop tier poo on cpu. That's what windows is pushing out for meltdown.

Heard that Intel told Microsoft to stop the updates since they were causing bricks to certain people. :^)

I need to download another browser and sometimes I also want to download the drivers.

So I get there and for a fucking eternity I can do nothing but sit there while it's trying to open a result on google. I don't like Edge, but I can do that quickly on 1703, and I can do that quickly on previous versions of Windows with IE. Windows 8.1, I open Internet Explorer and even with that shit I have less trouble.

The remote desktop guy probably syskey'd you as well. This is 100% PEBKAC episode

I got some problems with 1709 as well, I rolled back to 1703 and all is working fine now.

So, funny story, OP is full of shit.

Microsoft is unable to make changes to a remote computer though a help session.

Our tools are observe and indicate (hilite or pointer) only for front line support.

Premier support is different, but I doubt OP is giving Microsoft 6 figures a year for support...

This is pretty good bait

Well, it didn't brick my laptop but for some reason it deleted the touchpad drivers and even after reinstalling them the damn thing wouldn't work.

>a modern operating system that can be trusted not to brick itself when updated isn't useful

Are you that stupid you can't fix your own computer?

Winfags are the new archfags.
MFW

>Pajeet at Microsoft actually triggered it to break through Remote Desktop. This is the first time Microshaft broke my computer personally by hand. Class action lawsuit
Windows is an OS for cucks

Looks like your computer isn't useful either, thanks to Windows 10