They will never release an iPod classic with more storage space

>they will never release an iPod classic with more storage space
It hurts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jmKVRVX4q-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never thought I'd say this but loading music onto a device that only plays music seems antiquated now.

>What are microSD cards?

Get razer phone, it has TWO sd card slots.

You do know you can just upgrade the drive, right?

And yet there's still a market for PMPs/DAPs (and I don't mean just audiophiles and nostalgiafags)

>what is a phone

A device used to make and receive calls

1970 called, they want their definition back.

How many space do you need? Apple released back in the day an iPod Classic with 160 gb that's a lot unless you hear music in FLAC

You can put a ssd inside of one and flash the original firmware on it. Good job on being a clueless apple fag.

>Apple released back in the day an iPod Classic with 160 gb that's a lot unless you hear music in FLAC
My library is much bigger than 160GBs, and that's the shitty compressed MP3 one, not my FLAC files.

i was looking for one before i saw this thread. i don't like bringing my phone to the gym.

think again sweety

youtube.com/watch?v=jmKVRVX4q-k

The final model of ipod nano was perfect except for only having 16GB of storage and having to deal with itunes. I'm eternally angry that they killed it and every other mp3 player seems to have glaring flaws.

That little square piece of shit? Nah, the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gens are the best. Perfect size to slip into a watchpocket

The rectangle.
It's lightweight, it's the perfect size for my hands, and it's easy to change songs and volume by feel alone.

But Newt agreed with the LG-shill, user.

Not sure about the nano, but the Classic could be synced just fine with foobar.

The square one's the final model, you're thinking of the 6th gen

>Buy cheap Android phone
>Put music on that, no SIM required
>Leave phone at home
>???
>Profit

That's one of the most retarded things I've ever read.

i have a 2nd cheap android phone already and it stopped reading the sd card. also physical buttons>touch screen

This was the last model.

Huh, I thought that one came first. Not like it matters though, they both suck

I just want the Zune to come back.

I disagree. It's light enough that I don't notice it in my pockets when I run, and the buttons are right where my thumb is. It's like the ASP where your hand slides to the right position right after grabbing it.

>they will never release an iPod classic that actually sounds good

there fixed that for you

my iphone 6s absolutely destroys my old ipod interms of volume clarity and sound... i want to use it, but i cant stomach how bad it sounds, i mostly just whip it out once a month for the novelty of decade old playlists

just add an ssd retard. you can easily mod classic ipods.

2010 called, they want their shitty DAC back.

I love Newt

tfw even if they did it'd be fucked over by an update and made to run slow because fuck you buy a new one ;^)

how do i find a cheap mp3 player or old phone with a good DAC. i want to spend like 50 bucks.

I'll take the poorer yet still more than acceptable sound quality over having to use that piece of trash any day

You're crying about physical buttons on an MP3 player? Hoooooly shiiiiit lmao
Cringe

b8

when im riding my bike/driving/at the gym i don't want to have to look at a screen to change songs. maybe get off your fat ass for once and you might understand where im comnig from.

It's true, but I hate it. In one of my life's worst purchases, two years ago I bought one of the latest iPods. It holds 128 GB which is great because I like having my obscenely large collection of music with me on the go and on its own charge independent of my other devices, but this thing is so loaded with a bunch of unnecessary shit. Hell, this thing can browse the internet, make calls, and . They practically took their iPhone and scaled it down for some poor fool like me.

The iPod touch is just an iPhone for children, you should've gotten a real iPod

Just don't listen to shitty music so you don't want to change the song.

Tell me about it, user. The battery life is awful too.

Oh well. I only use it for running and driving, so it gets the job done.

0/10

sometimes i like to put on shuffle

2010 called, they want their shitty argument back.
You can easily find phones with high quality dacs.

>Oh no's i'll to take an extra 2.5 seconds to take my phone out and skip a track
Honestly you retards think this is a strong argument?

A very strong one.

Got a 160GB iPod Classic last year for NZD$20. One of my top tech purchases.

Don’t putty shitty music on it then

>when im riding my bike/driving/at the gym i don't want to have to look at a screen

thats why you get a smartwatch dingus

music controlls and gps speedometer on my wrist is the best thing i have ever done for my commute

why not take the classic and use line out with an aftermarket dac/amp?

have you ever done any physical activity in your life?

desu i would rather just take my phone out than look like a faggot with that thing on my wrist

Does eating hotpockets in my mom's basement count?

If you're not autistic about audio quality and want something with usable software and all around balanced features then the lowest end A series from Sony is the best.
Only issue is poor format support.

> he thinks the ipod classic lets you have a digital out

name 5

It does but you need some weird special devices

> iphone gives you a 24bit digital out
> ipod with huge storage does not give you digital out without heavy mod

fucking hell once again bravo applel... if ipod video had a spdif out i would of built my own DAC a long time ago and i would probably still be using it..

Not a mod, you need external DACs specifically designed for it.
The LOD is meaningless anyway, it's the HP out set to 0db volume automatically.

> it's the HP out set to 0db volume automatically.

no its a different output with a different impedance to the headphone output

i know i used a proper line out 30pin on my ipod video to charge it and drive my somewhat decent car stereo 10 years go... better bass than the HP out... more ergonomic to hold too

Line-out's not digital though, I thought we were talking running audio to an external DAC.

i didnt know what LOD meant...

but yeah ipod could output digital audio but it needed a fuckoff huge device to basicly take controll of the entire device, and while it was in this mode the buttons / menu didnt work.

my friend had a car deck that took controll of the ipod and gave you digital but it was slow as fuck... navigation was pain

i even looked into hacking the board and there was no i2s bus or anything to tap off, it was all in the arm chip... fucking bullshit....

Tap the lines going to the DAC.
It's tiny though

>Sup Forums hates apple until they can faun over the ironic retro products that weren't better than anything made today

Epic. Quick, someone post the daily "iphone 4 was the best phone ever!!" thread as well.

iPod Classic's still the GOAT

from memory my ipod 5g video did everything on the arm chip... there was no dac to pick off, usually there is a 3 line bus called i2s...

i know because i use to mod phillips cd players in the 90's ... the ipod classic might be different

tell me about... i cant wait for some fucking brainless hipster tell me why the iphone X was the best iphone ever made in 10 years time

It definitely had an external chip for audio converting.
There was even autism about them switching to a CS chip in the classic.

No it isn't. There are hundreds of not-low-end chinese / japanese / eu players that are better than the ipod classic.

Lads I want to get one of these em pee three player for my car what's a good one to get? I want one that won't die on me after 3 months of use. And it should have good audio quality. Also what connection will get better quality aux or USB?

that audio chip wasnt a dac but a DSP that functioned at a very high level... getting sdif or even i2s of it was impossible

believe me i tried it was my favourite device and trawled through the data sheets...

nope dude

>I thought it was impossible to bypass the iPod's DAC. "So did we," said Wadia president John W. Schaffer. "Then we discovered the little-known fact that Apple had a process called 'authentication' that allowed mobile electronics companies to bypass the iPod's internal DAC."

"Authentication" refers to Apple's authentication chip, which essentially tells the iPod that it's okay to output raw digital audio or video data to the chip-enhanced component. The authentication chips are only available in Apple products or from products made by Apple-licensed third-party developers. After Wadia first began developing what became the iTransport, Apple opened up the authentication program to more third-party vendors. The iTransport may be the first audio product of its kind, but it probably won't be the last. But however you slice it, being firstest is a great coup.

Well I never looked into the 5th gen but the classic uses a standard chip that has a datasheet and it just says dac with amp.
Never looked into its pinout either though.

I miss my iPod Nano.
I never thought I'd say it, but there it is. I had an iPod Nano in high school and I miss it.

Headphones have in-line remotes now. You can just hit a button and it'll skip/go back.

>128GB
>obscenely large
user...

all relative user.

I had a spare iphone 4s 64gb and put foobar 2000 on it and did a fresh 64kbps opus 1.2 encode from my flac library... i now have an obscenely large library

no

>fagPod
>good
>can't even sort by file/folder view
Designed by and for iDiots who can't organize their own files.

>what is Rockbox
Everything is organized. /Music/Artist/Album/song.ogg

>tfw bought one of these before they stopped making them and prices soared

feels good. the only time I use it is at the gym, small enough to work out or run and not worry about having it in my pocket.

Great counter argument. Definitely not blind nostalgia.

It's got nothing to do with nostalgia, it's the expandability, clickwheel, 30-pin, etc.

I still have one of these, gonna make sure it lasts as long as possble

enjoy your shit audio quality

Lolno
its not like hes using the front panel jack of a biostar mobo from 2005 gramps

There really isn't a market. There hasn't been one for almost a decade now. Especially if you don't count the audiophile snake oil. Companies like Cowon and Sony are only releasing audiophile memes now, if they're releasing any DAPs at all.

t. I have a hobby of keeping up with this stuff

> he fell for the DAC meme

What's it like to be technologically retarded?

did you forget the purpose of a playlist? are you really that retarded?

so mod it with a 512GB SSD, are you poor and retarded?

>30 pin
literally no reason for that any more
and before you say you want it because you can output analogue audio through it to use in a dock, you can output analogue audio through USB-C

Just use bluetooth, it's digitally encoded.

>calling someone else retarded
>has to create a multiple new posts every time just to reply whenever you encounter something
fuck off samefag
and what the fuck does DACA has to do with this you bigot?

>It's got nothing to do with nostalgia
>30-pin
lmao

>expandability
Yeah this sure is an advantage. Not like modern players do not have SD card slots.

I love having one port that's capable of USB, FireWire charging, RS-232, line in and out, and component and composite video

>lmao
Not an argument
>Yeah this sure is an advantage. Not like modern players do not have SD card slots
I can use SD cards, CF cards, SSDs, and HDDs

I still use my 80gb iPod classic, it's great. I think they'll revive the iPod as a niche product if they ever have a bad year.

> I am too much of a brainlet to use ID3 tags so I use folders to arrange my music
> I somehow think this makes me more intelligent

can definitely see an ipod retro thing starting in future.

I'm sure they will release a new one without that stupid headphone port and lots of storage in the cloudTM