Reminder

Reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HbdMzZCc8lY
youtube.com/watch?v=22uzf_4weoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Once upon a time in a backwater village of the Austrian empire there lived a man named Vak who was born with Down's Syndrome. To the locals he was known as Slow Vak. This disability did not prevent Slow Vak from having several children with his own sister, who then went on to have several children with each other. within several generations, Slow Vak's descendants numbered in the millions, all of them completely deformed and mentally retarded. eventually they even began to claim themselves as a separate race and language even though there is no record of their language existing before 1905.

and the difference is...?

We could not be more different.

PURE IDEOLOGY

right, right
if you say so, slovakia

aren't the Czech and Slovak languages basically the same thing anyways

Funnily enough we have almost nothing in common except for generic slav things and nature

arr rook same

REEEEE

Wow it's literally nothing

>have almost nothing in common except for generic slav things and nature

Which accounts for like 90%

>Slovakia was part of Czechoslovakia so it's next to Czech republic
>Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia so it's next former Yugoslavia countries
Easy to remind tbqh

Slovenes suffer from all the Austrian neuroses
Slovaks suffer from all the Hungarian ones

Slovenia pls adopt me

Not really

Are you guys even friends?

Did you both seriously need to have those panslav flags? There's plenty of slav nations without those colors or with more creative ways to have them (like the czech).

The difference is easy to spot irl and, if you know some history, you will always associate that cross with the country that was in the kingdom of Hungary. But in Sup Forums it's a fucking hell, specially on the phone.

Is it true Slovakian cuisine is fucking awful?

i'm guessing hungarian neurosis is some kind of melancholia, but what do you mean by austrian neurosis?

>Slovenia
do you mean Italy?

I do the same too. I ask myself which one was in Czechslovakia (and of course it's slovakia) and the doubt disapears.

I have to do it everytime though, it's not automatic.

No, Austria

go home 'straya, you're drunk

Dunno i like it and never heard anyone complain. But we dont have lot of unique dishes, we eat shitton of german/hungarian food.

This is our national food, its pretty good

We don't have much contact. People in Slovenia are generally of the opinion that the Slovakian language closely resembles Croatian and not much beyond that. We've had much closer contact with Czechs historically. One of Slovenia's best film directors was Czech; one of Slovenia's biggest foodstuffs brands still bears the surname of the Czech who founded it a century ago; I myself am part Czech some four generations back, and Czech surnames are not unheard of here - all this from Austro-Hungarian times when we were a part of the Austrian portion of the monarchy together while Slovakia was Hungarian. And indeed Slovaks are almost as obscure as Hungarians to us.

Oh look, it's an 'OP deliberately mixes up the flags of two culturally distinct countries because he is a disrespectful asshole' thread. This isn't big, this isn't clever, this isn't funny.

no the flags are correct

OH HAHAHA LET'S KEEP THE JOKE GOING. THIS IS GOING TO BE SUCH AN EPIC Sup Forums RUSE.

Grow up, asshole.

no one have gave you a single laugh.
fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=HbdMzZCc8lY

who cares?

How come there are Hungarian "Slovaks?' I talk to qts on interpals and there are a lot of people who live there but their native language is Hungarian and they consider themselves that. I've talked to only one girl from there that says she is Slovakian and considers herself that

>rude Dimitrij, whose people don't even say 'na zdravje' when making a toast as it would be only proper, shows his lack of manners yet again

wew blyat

>mfw when the only 2 guys with the same name and surname are Czechs

Slovakia was part of Kingdom of Hungary for over 1000 years. There are areas in southern Slovakia where majority of people are Hungarians even tho most of them never were in actual Hungary. Nobody here calls them other than hungarians btw

t. tumblrcuck

Slovenian flag isn't panslavic, it's the flag of old austrian duchy of Carniola and is thus older than panslavism by about a century.

Checked and it's true. De facto, what I was saying remains though. I'm sure slovenians had other colors and symbols to use to make a more unique national flag.

Too late now of course, would be pointless to change it because people on the internet confused you with Slovakia.

>if you know some history, you will always associate that cross with the country that was in the kingdom of Hungary.

No, that just means your historical knowledge isnt deep enough

Yes, you could. You could be Chinese, and they could be Mexicans.

You're wrong, and you need to gibs back Trst.

>rude Dimitrij, whose people don't even say 'na zdravje
Wait, what do Russians say?

yes come on lah

To gibe it back, it would need to have been theirs at any time in history in the first place, which it didn't.

I am from Ljubljana, I can confirm that our country is great, the Tatras are a very beautiful place and we have good relations with our neighbours because the split of Czechoslovenia was peaceful.

they're pretty much the same, if you know Czech, you can understand Slovak with no problems

You're fucking retarded then.

I heard a similar story about a man named Ven.

that is yugoslavia

TRST JE NAŠ
R
S
T

J
E

N
A
Š

Janez pls

>Tŕst (italijansko Trieste, nemško Triest) je mesto v severovzhodni Italiji ob Tržaškem zalivu, blizu slovenske meje ter sedež dežele Furlanija-Julijska krajina in Tržaške pokrajine.

> if you know Czech on native level
I have met burgers who spoke czech and didnt understand Slovak

youtube.com/watch?v=22uzf_4weoM

I'm pretty good at Slovak but Czech is difficult to understand.

t. immigrant

If czech is hard to understand you are not good at slovak t bh

>t. immigrant

Choď do piči, Dežo. Väčšinou rozumiem češtine, keď čítam, alebo keď hovoria pomaly, ale nemôžem rozumieť obyčajnému rozhovoru medzi Čechmi.

Volám sa Ahmed.

Look Russian to me.

Slovakia is the cute one.
Slovenia is Germans.

both are cute but slovenia seems to be always angry, I dont wanna talk to slovenia untill they chill

>nerozumie cestine
>mysli si ze vie po slovensky

Vsak to potom nerozumies polovice Slovenska ne? Ostatne dialekty su este viac vzdialene ako cestina

can they understand eahcothers language`?

Yes 100%

Nope

Fucking delete this you idiot

Slovenia is shitty Balkan non-country whilst Slovakia was part of glorious Czechoslovak Republic.

that reminds me of an experience I had in my college when I was graduating in History. (I frequented a low-budget college and dropped it)
One teacher once was "teaching" us that nationalism has no ethnographic reason and are merely social constructs, and as example he "taught" us this:
>"It is like what happened in Eastern Europe, there are today two countries Slovenia and Slovakia, these countries used to be only one, they speak the same language, they have the same people, but for some reason, they just split in two nations. There is no reason in Nationalism"
No one questioned him, needless to say, he was self-titled a Marxist.

>Brazilian "education"

No only Czechia was the glorious part of Czechoslovak republic, the other part was Slovakia.