Why do i need this?

why do i need this?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/au/homepod/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody needs these. Get a real stereo. Stop being a cakeboy

To order your weekly soy rations

To remind you when to drink your daily soylent.

>you dont

>no fruit logo
Destined to fail.
How will soyboys show off their povertyToy if it doesn't have the povertyToy logo?

what is it

a homepod

to rest your feet and improve circulation.

but does this sound better than a real stereo? The problem with a stereo, if you are talking about a self-contained box with two speakers, is that you have to be in the exact sweet spot and cannot move from there.

If you mean the entire hifi thing then you have wires and all kinds of shit and same sweet spot problem.

Not useful outside a smart home setup.

The only reason to use this or amazon alexa is to show off to your family you are a 1337 computer guy / iron man.

Enjoy the NSA listening to you.

I own an echo and only use it to voice control my lights when normies come over and as an alarm clock. I always have it muted or unplugged when I am not using it.

Don't worry about the why. Just fucking buy it you stupid goy!

What's better:
>2 high quality stereo speakers in a corner of a room
>a soyboy bottle with 6 tablet speakers sitting in the middle of a room

Well, the room makes all the difference. I have had the best speakers every and they sound like shit in a particular room. This homepod thing is supposed to calibrate and bounce the sound off walls and things like that. I don't know if it actually works or not though.

Also it sounds like it is locked into Apple Music, so that rules it out straight away for me.

>I have had the best speakers every and they sound like shit in a particular room.
I can't believe this.

Yes, the room does play a role, but good speakers aren't going to sound like shit when shit speakers sound good.

BeoLab90 over $50,000 using similar system to avoid interference, but small speakers won't make good sound as two powerful speakers.

Yeah it is that kind of technology. The thing is, Apple has an advantage in that they probably have their own CPU in there computing all that stuff in real time.

>their own CPU in there computing all that stuff in real time.

Haha audio transformations has been computing on DSP special chips begins 50 to 100 times faster that CPU.

you have to play all your itunes on open-reel tape. that way you get true 0 latency ~audio experience~ because there's no computing involved

why do i need this?

I don't really know if I can trust you on that one. It says right here:

apple.com/au/homepod/

>A breakthrough speaker

also

>An Apple‑designed A8 chip powers the most complex audio innovations in HomePod. Like real-time modelling of the woofer mechanics. Buffering that’s even faster than real time. Upmixing of both direct and ambient audio. Beamforming so the microphone can hear you over the music. And advanced echo cancellation. So you get amazing sound without even thinking about it.

>real-time modelling of the woofer mechanics.
>modeling
CPU will mananger of homepod but DSP will make hard audio process.