MoZilla FireFox QUanTUm

Has Firefox finally moved beyond being that horrible lagfest?

Use ESR52. 57+ are horrible in terms of resource abuse: random CPU spikes, huge amounts of RAM wasted (1,5GB for three Sup Forums tabs), etc..

It never was a lagfest for me.

>7+ secs page load time
>any browser, any page, ever
not even on a raspi, fucking liars...

This.
If a page takes more than one second to load I'll fuck off anytime anyway. Who the fuck does this, who the fuck cares.

how to make firefox screenshot "download" (save) on select? instead of select and then click ''download'' (which is really save)
OR
what to put in userChrome or userContent to rename the misleading save choises? like 'Save as' instead of download, and 'upload to cloud' instead of save?

Unused ram are waste

>64446423

it never lags..

Reminder that pretty much everything this retard posts is a blatant lie.

22 Sup Forums tabs FF
2 Youtube tabs GC

why does mine use so much with just one tab open

If you want to use less RAM use your settings maybe...
Lower or disable cache, or use disk cache instead of memory cache. Lower process count or disable e10s.

There's no huge improvements since Firefox 57. They just improved WebAssembly execution with a simplified compiler during download (it will still take all the resources from the main thread once running) and lessened rasterization costs using a separate draw thread and Direct2D on Windows (as the browser is essentially running with forced Vsync, this lessens frame lag).

Extensions eat up so much ram

Fuck yes it did

That's due to the spectre mitigation, if tabs are in different threads intel cpu bugs can't be exploited to read memory from other tabs

Can't tell if trolling or retarded.

privacy.firstparty.isolate;true

just switched to mozilla today

Hiro's bitcoin mining script.

How new to technology are you anons?
UNUSED
RAM
IS
WASTED
RAM
Browsers cache pages you visited so that if you hit Back (which some people do if shitposting on forums isn't all they do all day) the page loads instantly from RAM. Cached memory is dropped as soon as the OS needs more RAM for other tasks. And again, as has been said countless times in countless threads before, unused ram is wasted ram and there's no point in slowing your browser down if you don't need the memory anyway.

FIREFOX STEALS MY RAM SO NOPE.. BOTNET 4 ME

>I feel for the meme

That's just an excuse lazy programmers use when they want to shift the blame onto the user and force them to buy more memory. If I have too many tabs open my computer starts writing to the pagefile and slows down horribly. 16 GB btw.

Works well on my machine even with literal hundreds of tabs open ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it was always a lagfest for me.
i've always just accepted it.
been a month or two without any slowdown.
whatever they did, it worked.
kinda regret buying that 8GB stick. 16GB ram is pretty useless now. (i used about a gig for a Ram-disk dedicated to firefox)

>16 GB is useless
4 U

yes

>windows user
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sitting on 600MB for 10 tabz, mostly js & asset heavy
never had cpu spikes though, explain.

I don't know if you monkeys have like a thousand extensions or what.

I don't much care about load times so much as the page actually renders correctly. And guess which of those two suffers most in that department? That's right, Firefox.

Yes, programmers are forcing people into buying more memory. Because somehow they profit from this. Because for some reason they care.

You, user, are a very special kind of retarded.