It is totally not a scam to collect numbers

>It is totally not a scam to collect numbers
>trust us goy it is about your security

fuck anyone pushing this harmful shit

What numbers and why?

whether you like it or not, it makes it practically impossible for anyone to take over your account

Nice blog! How often will you update?

Sage in every field

2FA just means to send a message. Doesn't imply SMS, it can be by email. Anyone who wants your phone number is either associated with law enforcement, or selling your number to pajeets.

Text 2fa is dogshit. TOTP or HOTP are proper ways to increase security by a second factor.

>collecting burner numbers

Ikr. It's all a scam!

>whether you like it or not, a good password* makes it practically impossible for anyone to take over your account

wow, we can't do much with a bunch of salted secure hash. Let's inconvenience users to be able to collect their data

*password,passphrase,passkey

But you don't need a phone number or even a phone for use 2FA

The phone numbers, Mason
WHAT DO THEY NEED THEM FOR?

Using a secure password on a site that hashes your shit properly makes it impossible for anyone else to take over your account, while having two factor authentication makes it impossible for you to use your account in case your phone shits itself (many such cases).

Shit, I forgot to mention how using your phone opens you up to the risk of social engineering. A couple years ago a bunch of big youtubers were hacked when some hackers called service providers pretending to be employees of the companies to get copies of the youtuber's sim cards.
When you use a password, you trust mathematics and security engineers, when you use 2FA, you trust a bunch of normies working for minimum wage.

Baby script kiddie is mad he can't "hack" his parents compewter.

shit, someone talking sense, call the cops

This.
You can use 2FA on multiples devices to be safe.

This board is literally tech illiterate, 2FA can be used free softwares and should not be directly associated with Google Authenticator which is a botnet and can be used only on a device (you can't share the key).
Don't hit the post button if you are dumb please.

There are several schemes sold as 2fa:
1. same password
2. different password
3. pin code
4. verification by email
5. question
6. crypto device

FUKC ANYNOE PSHUNIG THAS HAMRFAL SAHT

I know there are different types of two-factor authentication, but the OP clearly talked about the one that relies on using phones, and the poster I replied to seemed to embrace all types of 2FA, including the phone one.

Two programs on one computer is not 2fa. Second factor should involve a different unique device like a sim card, finger or HSM, so no, you can't share the key, because then it becomes not authentic.

>be me
>have bank account
>have debit card
>Do online shopping
>enter cards details
>Get asked for four letters from secret pass
>enter secret numbers
>buy shit
>later
>Do online shopping
>enter cards details
>Tell me that I need to use TEXT phone verification
>SPECIAL FUCKING UPDATE
>UPGRADE
>FOR SECURITY
>2FA

But it's worse now than before. Now if anyone steals my phone and card. They have it all. I'm fucked. At least for a week until the bank sorts it out. 2FA is ok, so long as it's not some fucking retard designing it.
>Something you know and something you have. Two factors. Not that hard to understand.

>something you have

inherently shit, you just leave your stuff in the office, bye bye signing in to whatever service or buying shit

people trying to paint the inconvenience as security. You know what's secure? An air gapped device in a police state

Not using a burner phone with a different simple card...

People in all western countries with jails have cell phones smuggled in, who gives a shit if some companies know your number, if you are paranoid about being tracked don't go online at all

>having to use a burner phone because services are shit

JUST