/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES
>Mobile World Congress 2018 starts February 26th

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/1/24/16930506/samsung-galaxy-s9-reveal-unveiling-invite-event-barcelona-mwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just here to show off how LONG my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is now that I no longer need a navbar in oreo.

>Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Looks great, might look over the chinese botnet to get this phone.

please respond ):

Are chinks the best thing to ever happen to phone market?

Moto G5s Plus
Besides the backdoors, they're the best price per performance phones

Lineage for Xiaomi Mi A1 soon. Sources released next week.

looks fucking autistic but its perfect

thank you (:

United States/ AT&T / Budget: 250$

I'm looking for a phone to browse Sup Forums and to go on the internet. I was thinking of getting a used S7 active.

Moto G5s Plus
Huawei Honor 6X

Why do you not need it anymore? Is it MIUI specific?

Why recommend the 6X when Honor 7X is available for $199

Yeah, they added full screen gestures for all their 18:9 phones, turning them on removes the navbar, it works so smoothly and well that I got used to it within minutes and left it on.

Kirino a shit

Buy old Nokia 6 or new Nokia 6?

The new one ofc

Guys i got a Honor 9 in gearbest for $300, was it a good deal? am i going to get chink'd?
had a mi6 but i hated no 3.5mm and some screen bleeding

Check the bands before buying

Already did, 4g works with at&t (in mexico) i just want some decent SoT and audio jack

>Glass back

You a shit
Because I had no idea.

>what's wrong with glass back if i take care of my phone?

What are some good flip phones ?

Taking care in this case means, well, using a case, which in turn means hiding the shiny and beautiful glass back.

Just dropped my Moto X Pure Edition outside on the road. Screen cracked, touch sensor dead. Fuck me.

I need a new one RIGHT NOW. Already on Amazon, hoping to buy one that arrives tomorrow. Any recommendations?

Can't believe it.

I seem to be struggling to find a good phone under 5.2" around the 250€ mark. The moto g5 plus has no compass (i tend to use maps a lot), and i don't really like the design of the huawei p10 lite.
Is there anything else worth in this price range?

Anyone here ever use over or close to 64 GB storage? What for?

What are some good non-normie gayms?

Which one do I go with? Thoughts on Sony Xperia?

Don't know if this matters to you, but the Q6 is bootloader locked

Just bought a Blackberry Q5 for like 30 bucks and it's really nice for a phone this old. Might use it more often than my P9 lite.

Nah man, I don't root phones or mod anymore. Heck, I rarely USE the phone besides just chatting and YouTube and music. Kinda stinks paying $200+ for something that sits on my desk 75% of the time.

The L1 is okay, since you don't care about rooting or anything of the sort.

source?

Fire Emblem Heroes
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (Really good, no one play it)

Budget?

Honor 8
Galaxy A5 2017
iPhone SE

There really isn't much available under 5.2" at that price

Honor 7X

$300, but the thing is I need (well dont NEED, but would like) the phone ASAP

Honor 7X

>chinese botnet

Implying that the whole android system isn't a botnet.. But muh china

Thanks, I'll check them out.

how are there so many custom roms for the elephone p9000 despite it being a mediatek phone?

I want my phone to shutdown/restart if a certain amount of wrong passwords are entered. Since my phone is encrypted I think this'll go well with it. What are my choices for this? Any particular apps, xposed modules or whatever? I saw one on F-droid but that probably is very outdated.

Actually nevermind I found one and it works fine. It's called Wrong PIN Shutdown, you can get it from F-Droid. There are 2 of them with the same name make sure you get the latest one, the other is't being updated anymore.

I love everything about the OP5T except the size. 5.2 inches is for me the ideal screen size.

how the fuck am I supposed to open the SIM try on a Redmi Note 4? online it says to put a thumb tac or something small and press, but nothing happens. Am I really supposed to jam it in there?

you need that tool or a take a part a damn paper clip...

I have a HTC one m8 and I need a replacement, I have around $500, which one would you recomend? I liked that phone

What is a good (preferably FOSS) podcast app for Android?
I like podcast addict, but it has recently started shutting down randomly. I hate the ads and the bloat. I love the volume boost/equalizer feature.

A tack will work. Push harder. You are physically pushing the tray out against a spring so it takes a bit.

>sitting on galaxy s5 for 3 years
>just got new battery and otterbox for $30
Dont fix what aint broke, i guess.

SIM cards are so stupid

>have a nano sim for phone 1
>phone 1 breaks
>buy phone 2
>nano sim that fit into phone 1 wont into phone 2 for some reason even though it also takes nano

took out my toenail clippers and filed that baby down

The tool () should normally be somewhere in the box

>The absolute state of /spg/

I'm basically very much leaning toward getting a Moto G5S Plus. Before I get it, is there any other phone around the same price /spg/ would implore me to consider before buying instead?

theverge.com/2018/1/24/16930506/samsung-galaxy-s9-reveal-unveiling-invite-event-barcelona-mwc

fuck I'm having the hardest time deciding between keeping my pixel 2 xl with a free $150 credit, or iphone X for free. I love both phones but I have a feeling I'm going to miss the XL 2's battery life and built in integration of google assistant... hands free control from lock screen is so nice...but then again the iphone x won't deprecate as much and has better speakers and feels so premium....

Should I keep the Iphone X or Xl 2? If I keep the iphone X I think i might save up for a mi mix 2 as well, so I can have an android and a ios device.

keep the iphone imo

leaning toward it. Would have to buy an apple watch too though, moto 360 integration through iOS sucks...

I like the Xiaomi Mi A1, anything I should know? Which one would you recommend if not that one?
I have a HTC one M9 currently

welp i just upgraded to a pixel 2 from my lg g6 and so far it's amazing except the screen is jarringly smaller.

the xl is way too big for me as the g6 was pushing it. are other pixel 2 users happy with the screen size?

Pixel 2 or Oneplus 5T?

Speed, then battery life, then software are most important for me.

what do i do with my iphone 6?
i bought an iphone x so i have a spare iphone
inb4 use it as security cam,, thats lame and you know it

Which one is better: Mi A1 or Redmi Note 4? I prefer the battery and performance

It's the on-screen buttons that really affect the real estate. Also it's a 5" screen. I suppose that's the compromise you make when you decide on a smaller form factor.

My phone took a crap on me and I was tired of buying just from the sprint store so like a massive retard I checked like 3 sites for reviews and bought the oneplus 5t without even really looking at anything. Only after my money was spent did I think "i wonder what other flagship phones there are," all the reviews seemed fair and pretty good.

How bad did I fuck up, be honest

OP5T isn't a bad phone by any stretch. Also we're not mind readers to know what you find important in a phone.

My main things are just battery and space. Went with the bigger harddrive, but couldn't find anywhere if OP5T has a changeable battery for when it craps out. Lots of people on the "pro" side saying the phone does what they need, has a good display, clean OS and good specs, very few complaints, then on the "con" side people say my CC # will end up in the hands of chinese hackers. Fear mongering?

I take the lack of replies as nobody having better suggestions?

Most phones these days don't have a removable battery. However, OP5T for sure doesn't have microSD support. If you bought it straight off the OnePlus site you might want to be careful since yes, hackers lifted (several thousand iirc) CC details off their payment system

>hackers lifted (several thousand iirc) CC details off their payment system
Fuuuuuck man, I did buy from the website, I used PP credit though, safe or no?
>try to track phone
>chrome blocks the tracking site for malware
One blow after another today

No idea bud, I'm going off second-hand information here.
Just watch your CC for fraudulent charges.

It's a bank card, they gon git my real money, sheeit

I think it's really the bezels I wasn't really prepared for since the g6 screen goes right to the edge.

This. I've had a 5" android for about 2 years and just recently got my first iphone (8) and the usuable area of the screen is about the same even though it's 4.7" because of the android navbar buttons. Around a 5.5 to 5.7" screen inside the dimensions of the G6 is good in size, the iphone X is about 5mm shorter but also feels good in the hand. This year all the manufacturers are just jumping to 5.9" 18:9 shit. Increasing the screen sizes like this just ruins battery capacity even more.

is this on global rom?

The X has better speakers? I thought I was imagining that, I think the 8/8 Plus even had better speakers than the Pixel 2 I checked out. And I thought Google's would be better because they're forward facing.

xiaomi mi mix 2 or one plus 5t?

Fuck I just ordered one yesterday using PayPal as well. I hope we'll be alright user

Just visited kimovil and found out the leeco cool1 is $100. Should I? It's only until redmi note 5 pro is released. Looked around and it has official 7.1.1 roms by coolpad unlike the other leeco phones which are ded.

Global dev ROM. Oreo is beta still.

5T if you use front camera often and want amoled.

Mix 2 is better in every other way.

get the g5 plus instead of g5s

anyone here know how to root a LG V20?

usa / verizon

looking for a decent upgrade from my old htc m8, eyeing the oneplus 5 but i dont know

Pixel 2

Why is everything so awful?

If listening to music is a big deal for you don't buy it. It has a constant hissing sound and the quality is lower than my 9 year old budget sony music player.

The more I look, the more I realize I've kind of been spoiled by my Nexus 5
>Unlockable bootloader without having to worry about model numbers/carriers or manufacturers refusing to support
>Comes carrier unlocked no matter what
>Lineage support
>Perfect screen size
>Fits nicely into my pocket
>Doesn't cost $250+
Only looking for a new phone since I want microSD expansible storage for more music and the N5's battery has been going to shit

>microSD expansible storage for more music
Don't see what google has against SD cards (or headphone jacks now).
>and the N5's battery has been going to shit
I hear it's possible to swap in a larger LG battery.
Anyway, the moto G5+ is pretty decent, I'm considering buying one.

Sell it?

My zenfone 2 selfie is laughing at your phones

I need a recommendation for a phone for

Almost 2 full days of battery, they didn't lie anons

Is there anything worthwhile in the 150 dollar range?

Are there any good phones with front-facing stereo speakers? I know about Razer Phone, but any other options?

Is the Honor 8 still a good buy in 2018 for around 240€? The specs look better than most mid range phones.

What email client do I use with android. Don't say K9 cuz it looks like a faggot made it! Not even a fucking material design.
>get K9 material my dude
Nah the notifications don't work with dark substratum themes and you get black fucking notifications with black text.
Cmon son.

Gmail?

Pixel 2 / 2 XL, Sony XZ1 / XZ1 Compact, XZ Premium