Hey Sup Forumsuys...

hey Sup Forumsuys, so i got my foot into the tech industry doing web development and i think it's time to try something new. what kind of programming should i do next? i'm thinking quantum computing, machine learning, big data, or blockchains.

How about you install Gentoo and then do something you like instead of coming here asking Sup Forums what YOU should do with YOUR future. do your own research

i just wanna get some opinions mang

Why from us though? We don't know where you live, where you're aspirations might take you. My opinion is to pick the one that interests you the most and do that one

Do you know how to do ANY of that? Because none of that is trivial, so you've got your work cut out for you.

the only thing i don't really know about is quantum computing, i've studied the other ones a bit

As others have said, then, its up to you. Personally, I'd say there's definitely a future in machine learning. Big data is too nebulous a term and blockchains are 50% chance of being a fad.

Also interested in this question.

What's next for a web developer?
Will web dev still be a decent industry to be in, in say, 2025, 2030?

What's the next best direction to take with webdev skills?

I'm also thinking it'll probably be some kind of AI tech or machine learning, but who knows.

who's the girl (male) on the right?

Try em.
See what is fun for you.
Take chances, make mistakes, get messy.

Are you guys seriously replying?
OP is obviously joking and mocking the people that actually do this.

>quantum computing, machine learning, big data, or blockchains
Most of those topics are memes. Blockchains are hype because people still don't understand them. Quantum computing is a valid research field but it has, to date, zero applications with positive results wrt classical computing. Big data is 100% meme with 8,000 shitty snake-oil technologies built up around without managing to actually mean anything (read the COST paper for a start). ML is a real thing but the hype around it is similar to block chain shit in that it exists because people don't really understand how it works. There are useful applications of ML but the modern literature all drinks the ANN koolaid condemning the filed to AI winter part duex in the next decade.

If you have to pick something though, go with the ML and stay away from neural nets.

>What's next for a web developer?
qutebrowser.

>Will web dev still be a decent industry to be in, in say, 2025, 2030?
Probably not

>What's the next best direction to take with webdev skills?
If you don't know either React of Angular that's the shit that low level companies are paying decently for in the next couple of years. Long term, look to making yourself into a "developer" instead of a "web developer".

I want the key to their hearts

that is kaoru oshima

my company is still on Angular 1 and probably will be for another year or two :(
One of my goals this year is to get up to speed on ES6, React/Vue/or Angular 5 and move on to something better early next year.
I like that idea of starting to market yourself as a 'developer' instead of 'web developer'. I think that's a good way to go

>One of my goals this year is to get up to speed on ES6, React/Vue/or Angular 5 and move on to something better early next year.
That's a manageable goal. There's a kind of discomfort I see in a lot of programmers when the time comes to learn the new thing. Like smart people who are more than capable of learning a new thing will loose their nerve a bit, I guess there's a fear of being the best at X and having X go away but it's pretty silly in general.

There's absolutely nothing magical in ES6, you probably spend an hour or two reading docs over the course of a week and you learn everything there is. The jump from pre-angular style frameworks to Angular 1 is a lot bigger than from Angular 1 to any of the frameworks you mentioned, so you've already done the hard part.

>Haha it can't possibly be a....
>First result in Google

Nigga wtf

(What's the female(male) on the left then?)

that's her (his) gf (bf) michelle chan

Also known by the name Lindle Hoshikawa (or whatever tf Rindoru is supposed to be.)

Damn. Haven't fapped to either for so long, I didn't recognize them.

I remember watching this one jav and wondering for the whole hour if she was actually a western weeb who said fuck it and moved to japan to work as a tranny jav actress.
I still haven't really figured it out.

Now i hate blue and green eyes. So boring and soulless. It's like there's just nothing there, you aren't looking at anything.

She's half Japanese, half Australian.

Linux kernel developer. So learn C.
You should install Source Mage to increase your programming skill.