Based Apple HomePod

Every one else may do it first, but Apple does it right and it is well worth the premium.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/homepod/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you post snapchat screenshots.
Also, when was this shit announced?

apple.com/homepod/

Not OP but iw was announced on the apple conference with iphone X.
But they just said it's not ready yet and they will say the debut date later.
This week they said it's gonna have premiere in US and UK next month.

Sup Forums hate smart speakers and don't had thread audio speakers.

Please go away

Nice Engrish

Huh, didn't notice that.
I don't get why everybody is jumping on that voice assistant bandwagon.
Alexa, Cortana, Google Assistant and now Siri don't seem like things that'd complete tasks any quicker than you would, if you were to do them manually.

>pulling out your phone, unlocking, opening an app and then typing is quicker than just speaking

Should have specified it a bit better. If you want to do anything aside from searching on amazon or google or play music.
What else can you do with them?

Control your TV, control your smart meters, control apps on your devices e.g. open a specific episode on Netflix. Set reminder, read our recipes, get news, ask about the commute to work, play games, etc

But can it write a program in assembly that fizzbuzzes every prime between one and two million, representing it in a reverse binary tree?

No but it could direct you to the nearest clinic that deals with autism

Please respect the hat, NO BULLY ALLOWED

Kill yourself, cancerous lazy "convenience" obsessed docile goy. Your type is going to ruin us all.

If this works, it will be better than getting stereo speakers which you have to set up perfectly and have a very specific sweet spot, meaning you can't really walk around your kitchen and still hear good sound.

But no spotify, so not sure I will buy. Maybe just no spotify with siri, which is no big deal.

>control your TV
I have a remote
>control your smart meters
got none
>control apps on your devices (with voice)
I already have a voice assistant on my phone, redundant
>all the rest of that
My voice assistant on my phone already does all that, redundant.
>but it's easier to not pull out your phone and do that stuff
Spending hundreds of dollars to not have to pull your phone (which cost hundreds of dollars) out of your pocket is the most Amerifat thing I've ever heard.

>i don't know why everyone is jumping on this bandwagon
Because the futuristic idea of having an AI you can command to control your home and fully automate your house has been a dream for decades, and now people are realizing it is possible in the next few years.

You mean you can't see the advantage of an always listening close source device connected to huge power gulping datacenters? They make your life better of course.

wow, if only it was open source we could see the

send(allyourdata).toGoogle(); line ourselves and it wouldn't be so bad!

>I represent Sup Forums, hear my opinion

Delete your Sup Forums account and never sign up again.

I’m sorry :(

Damn dude you’re a little upset.
Must be all that oestrogen fucking you up

>I don’t understand the use case therefore it’s bad

These are family devices, they’re not for basement neckbeards like you

The use case just seems like everything it can do, is already done by a device that a potential buyer already owns, except it listens to you all day long and reports back.

I’m going to give a disclaimer, I worked on the marketing team for the Google Home’s UK release (I sold my one).

They are incredibly popular with older people and families because it’s easier to speak that to fiddle with a small device.
For older persons, they can get recipes, ask about the weather, get news etc without being “confused” by a smartphone.

For families who would normally have smart TVs, Smart Meters, etc. It’s good for being able to keep kids entertained, make appointments and reminders, ask about commutes to work and such, especially when in a rush.

There’s a use case for them, but the typical Sup Forums user isn’t part of one.

I can accept that. I occasionally forget there are normies who can't even figure out how to uninstall an app they installed themselves, claiming it's stuck on there and won't go away, or "how did it get here" type shit. Makes sense that a simpler (read: braindead) solution is needed for them.

>volume controlled by spatial awareness

>put lamp and family photo in front of Apple HomePod
>device interprets this as being inside an extremely small room
>device goes whisper-quiet
What's wrong with simple volume control? It's not even the type of device that would likely get moved around often.

It's not based on proximity sensors, it's based on what the mics hear in each direction of itself. Also, it does have volume controls. The speaker will know where to direct the audio with the spatial awareness, not lower it depending how small the room is.

Alright, that actually sounds decent.
But why does the image state that most other speakers don't ADVERTISE this feature, instead of saying most other speakers don't HAVE this feature?

Yeah right. Old people probably ask it a question and it responded with 'Sorry I couldn't understand that' 50 times in a row. Then the old people put it in a clutter pile with collector plates and coins and chicken knick knacks.

Well. Reading it over, I think it can be both:
>having a company 'advertise' that their product have a feature can be interpreted as that the product 'has' that feature (could be meant that it just has that, because it's unique compared to other products)
>there's a lot of these home devices, even off brand and diy ones, it could be that there are other speakers that have this feature, or a similar one, implemented, but they don't advertise it, as in the feature is probably just a second thought with those, compared to a specially looked at feature in their product

>apple bought beats just so they could make this meme

>7 tablet speakers in a circle powered by "apple magic technology" suddenly makes them sound better than stereo speakers
Going with the Google Max, thanks.

can be controlled only with apple music app which is a bull crap

Looks good! Excited to try it out. I've been using my ZVOX soundbase as a bluetooth speaker but this would be a nice alternative.

(((spatial awareness)))

>I-it sux go LOOGLE

>moved into apartment complex for new job
>neighbors are a toxic af couple that spend every few nights yelling at eachother
>one night they get Alexa
>theyre up at 1am on a week night yelling at it to make animal noises
>"ALEXA, WHAT SOUND DOES AN ELEPHANT MAKE"
>"ALEXA, WHAT SOUND DOES A DOG MAKE"
>"ALEXA, WHAT SOUND DOES A LION MAKE"
>their dog starts barking and doesnt stop
>"ALEXA, WHAT KIND OF MUSIC HELPS DOGS CALM DOWN"
>"im sorry i didnt quite get that"
>"ALEXA PLAY MUSIC THAT WILL HELP MY DOG CALM DOWN"
>starts blasting shitty upbeat pop country max volume
>can barely hear them yelling "ALEXA STOP" 5 or 6 times before it finally stops
>every morning now it takes them at least 3 tries to get their morning alarm to turn off
Neither the people nor the technology are ready for this power

I think you should just yell
>Siri, how do I get my neighbors to shut up
>Siri, file a noise violation for [neighbor's address/apartment number]
>Siri, order 12 gauge shells

Or you could go knock on the door and ask them to keep it down.

hey look
some useless shit literally nobody on earth needs

i should buy it so apple can listen to me with the good mic arrays

im so progressive

>NSAPod

>implying your tiny speaker can even compete with my big black studio monitors

so much this

Apple: winning the botnet market.

>directly interacting with people

too bad the backbone of this product (siri)actually working and beating its competitors is total fucking garbage.

I love my apple products but Siri is fucking trash and siri is this product's Achilles heel

Let's hope that this move causes Apple to take Siri more seriously and improve her a lot.

apple can't improve siri coz apple hasn't been doing data processing on voice for as long as google does. all the best natural language researchers are snapped up by google asap, google is doing tons of research in the area(they just announced that they've perfected text to speech that sounds like a human)
Apple is done, they're never catching up. Their phones are retarded to the point where normie users have started to comment about how Android phones do certain things better and i can't enter a homepod thread anywhere without someone typing out angrily:
"siri is retarded, it never understands me or what i want to do"
people can buy 5.1 home theatre systems from onkyo for how much apple is charging for the homepod ie dead outside applefags

This one is supposed to be a good speaker with assistant capability, not a assistant with a shitty speaker bolted onto it

Why are so many people fucking brainlets.

This isn't a smart speaker first, it's a high quality speaker that happens to have an assistant built in. Siri isn't the focal point, it's a bonus. The HomePod has a different focus entirely than Echo and Google Home.

Reminder to report this iToddler shill for spamming and ban evasion.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

No Spotify with Siri. You can still airplay any audio from any apple device to the HomePod.

>HomoPod

>hurrrr its an amazon echo and google home competitor, while not being one. Hurrrr it maybe bad at everything its trying to compete with but that okay because its not supposed to compete with other products even though Apple built it for the purpose of doing so.

dont drown in the apple nut, soyboy.

Not true. You can airplay any audio to it. Only Apple Music works with Siri on the HomePod. If you don't have an Apple Music subscription you can still tell Siri to play music you bought in iTunes, listen to news, or listen to Beats 1 radio.

>apple built it for the purpose of doing so
Love to hear where you got that insider info?

This looks bretty gud.

Siri is still the dumbest among voice assistants. I'd give up privacy for a better system, honestly. Like who gives a fuck if Alexa can hear you seduce your animu pillow if it means better voice recognition and more compatible services.

Why not just use the voice assistant on my phone to do all this shit while I have it hooked up to my badass home sound system via bluetooth?

>he thinks iToddler brainlets have enough brain cells to rub together to do something other than what applel tells them to do

"My son is so smart with computers, he hooked up his phone to his speakers with some bluetooth gadget! It's all gibberish to me I don't know how he's smart enough to figure it out!"

>go to friend's house
>hook up my laptop to their HDTV using an HDMI cable that I brought so we could watch some movies I had downloaded
>his mom thinks I'm some super-genius for knowing how to do that

The ignorance of boomers is frightening at times.

> Spending hundreds of dollars
I don't understand the point of these devices either but I still want to mention that the echo dot is like $40. No idea about any of the other options.

Kill yourself.