youtu.be/Fw1dQuu-ka8?t=29s
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-log-file
glowmpv.github.io
a.uguu.se/QoRn70vvUaPF_[cut-long]mc_bombcast100416_prem_4000.mp4
a.uguu.se/Z3KvsbLQi6UU_[cut]vf_jeffstream_requestlive_081116_4000.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does mpv use this new technology?

How is this a new technology? It is just a new unit of time.

Uhm, because facebook invented it a couple days ago.
It's gonna revolutionize the way we look at video.

Is it possible to change the deinterlacing algorithm? The default one blurs the image too much. I can't see anything about it in the manual.

try the ffmpeg filters
x vf toggle "lavfi-yadif"
you can also replace yadif with w3fdif and bwdif

>yadif with w3fdif and bwdif
bwdif is superior to yadif because it's optimized better and produces less artifacts. w3fdif is realtime, but pretty slow, the output isn't anything good.

What kind of monkey thought of this. 30000/1001 or 60000/1001 or 24000/1001 don't divide to an integer like the rest.

Thanks for this, I didn't know you could do that. The bwdif filter seems to give the best result, it's a lot sharper.

Ackchyually!

trying out debian and new things I guess
how do I get this to work?

Does mpv allow this yet?

github.com/OculusVR/Flicks

Seems to be approximations but I don't know how they reached those numbers.

$ sudo apt-get install mpv
Assuming double clicking on a video doesn't work:
$ mpv /path/to/video

okay they basically took single frame lengths and then divided by the flick rate. It all adds up then.

>still using apt-get

Theres a script to dl subs

Proper playlist manager when?

>Flick is short for frame-tick
Kind of disappointed they didn't call it "Frick"

Has it changed? I'm on Fedora and haven't touched apt for a few years.

IINA on macOS is solid. I haven't looked into good windows frontends yet. VLC is okay for me.

Good basic starter config for powerful computers?

So frames contain right amount of video and audio "exactly" of that region?

i meant F L I C K S on fleek

'Apt-get install' still works, but you "should" be using 'apt install'.
It's more streamlined that way!!!

Define proper
There is a script or various frontends

I need to search, browse and select

All doable

How?

>>There is a script or various frontends

Are you talking about Blackbox? If so I followed the instructions but it doesn't work.

Use mpv-build instead of installing from the repo, unless you enjoy the four year old software.

That uses javascript, and there are others.

Others don't have search function.

Is there a way to override the style of embedded subtitles in MKV files?

I'm curious about this, but could you guys spoon-feed me why it's the absolute best?
What advantages does it hold over vlc, for example?

Whats the point when you probably wont understand it. If you did you could read up on it yourself. This gets asked every thread multiple times so it gets old and people think its a troll.

My laptop with lolintelgraphics gets insane vertical tearing in MPC-HC no matter which settings I use. Does mpv have better vsync?

Why don't you try it for yourself

>200 page manual
Wow kill yourselfs fucking nerds, do you think I'm reading all that shit?

>implying anyone here has actually read the whole manual

I wonder if anyone can help me fix my fullscreen stuttering issues? Playback is buttery smooth when windowed, but fullscreen results in severe stuttering. All I've found on google is to set --fs-black-out-screens, but that option appears to have been removed since then, so I'm at a loss.

Try hwdec

>he doesn't print out a new copy every month
pathetic

youtu.be/Fw1dQuu-ka8?t=29s

Tried vaapi and vdpau, don't seem to make a difference, are there others I should be trying?

mpv keeps starting folders of a series a couple seconds into the video rather than the start. Even with start=0 and all variations of it. What do?

How do I get unscaled video with black bars in fullscreen mode?

So, I keep getting told use mpv, it uses youtube dl or some shit, never looking into it.

I just looked into youtube download, are you fucking kidding me on how to use it? that's such a pain in the ass,
will it work natively and without hassle with mpv? downloading the video audio muxing or just playing them together? or are people telling me to use youtube download in conjunction with mpv?

yes

If you really loved this so much, wouldn't you enjoy talking about it's features?

you can read the features on mpv.io

put the youtube-dl.exe in the same folder as mpv then all you do is drag and drop a link onto mpv. hold shift and drag and drop to add a 2nd video in a playlist.

also many other sites are supported.
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

Thanks.
The OpenGL decoding sounds interesting. Have you seen a noticeable improvement when upscaling videos compared to more popular media players?

does it automatically get the highest quality version, also is it possible to tell it not to mux? there are a good chunk of videos I don't need to watch to watch and if I can free up space, all the better.

Disable display resampling if you have that turned on.

Post pictures

Maybe the video doesn't have any video frames at the beginning but only audio?

ok just texted it out, at the very least it played the youtube video, but did it download and save it? If so where is it?

a big part of me wanting to get this working is to have offline copies of some videos that are really long, or podcast like videos I could listen to while I do othershit.

Until it can do frame based motion compensation as good as DmitiriRender I'm not touching this. MPC-HC+DmitriRender+MadVR is the killer combo, but I'm sure MPV will get there eventually, and when it does I'll consider switching.

whats the best mpv version for windows to install to people?

The latest?

there are like 3 installers I think

No it does. For example, all my Evangelion videos in one folder all start a couple seconds into the video but one of the films not in that folder will play from the very beginning. As if it was starting from a chapter rather than the beginning of the video for those files in that folder.

Any script to automate HDR activation on windows?

Here's a capture of what's going on since it's hard to describe in words. Can't make sense of it. Here's my conf:
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=auto
audio-channels=2.0
cursor-autohide=1000
vf=lavfi=cropdetect #autocrop
vf=idet,lavfi-pullup,idet #autodeint
sub-ass-vsfilter-blur-compat=no
sub-fix-timing=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=overscale
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-compression=9
osc=no
alang=ja,jp,jpn,en,eng,de,deu,ger
start=0

I dont know if it will help but have you tried without your config?

post log file

Can I watch something from netflix through mpv?

You can use SVP with mpv, which afaik is superior to DmitriRender.

No. DRM.

Try pirating, you get a superior product for free.

Works fine without my config. Should note that I'm using mpv thumbnail script.

How?

>mpv-android not updated since September
What the fuck my niggas

Hey guys, how do I change the volume with the mousewheel instead of skipping ahead?

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-log-file

scroll over the volume icon or bind the keys in input.conf
WHEEL_DOWN add volume -2
WHEEL_UP add volume 2

I think you are confusing streaming and downloading. When you give mpv a url it will stream, not download to your pc. If you want to download you would use youtube-dl by itself through your terminal. And yes it does get the highest quality available by default. You can also change the quality.

Thanks. I needed that. My wheel would drive me fucking nuts. This should be the default.

>Works fine without my config. Should note that I'm using mpv thumbnail script.
Your halfway there to finding the problem then. Troubleshoot to see whats causing the issue in your config.

This seems pretty nifty. It seems like a good way to have consistent integer-based math for frame timing.

Remove one line at a time until you find the offending one.

Alright so what's up with hwdec=auto?

Thanks.

I've used SVP and DmitiriRender, and can attest to the latter being superior. SVP seems to only double the framerate of the source, while DmitriRender will scale to whatever the display hz is, resulting in far smoother motion.

This should be able to reduce it from 200 pages to just an image (pic related) and a few Ctrl+F's once in a while.
glowmpv.github.io
I assume you're on Windows.

This happens to me when I copy (not ranscode) a video stream at specific wrong times, I think it has to do with keyframes or some shit.
Does this file start at 1 second for you? Specifically 1.722 seconds.
a.uguu.se/QoRn70vvUaPF_[cut-long]mc_bombcast100416_prem_4000.mp4

This guy meant git-master (shinchiro build).
Download bootstraper.zip, extract contents to 'mpv' directory then run updater.bat

It's reference material, not reading material, dumbass.

I forgot to mention the syncing seems to be fucked up on these in chrome based browsers, I think in Firefox it displays the frame at 1.722 and that frameh angs around until it hits that time, the audio plays from 0 and stays in sync. In mpv it just skips to 1.722 from the start and can't play before then at all.

Here's a different file that starts at 1.093
a.uguu.se/Z3KvsbLQi6UU_[cut]vf_jeffstream_requestlive_081116_4000.mp4

I'll see if I can find any really bad ones over 2 seconds.

Is there a way to apply multiple settings for different file/extensions?
For example I have:
[extension.flac]
loop-playlist=inf
keep-open=yes
and I also want to apply it to .mp3, .ogg among other extensions.

Is there a way of a doing this without having to copy it multiple times for each extension? I just want the settings to all be consolidated in the one place. I doubt that you can use variables but if you could that would be much better than:
[extension.flac]
loop-playlist=inf
keep-open=yes

[extension.mp3]
loop-playlist=inf
keep-open=yes

[extension.ogg]
loop-playlist=inf
keep-open=yes

etc.

>[extension.flac]
loop-playlist=inf
keep-open=yes
[extension.mp3]
profile=extension.flac
[extension.ogg]
profile=extension.flac

This would be the best syntax
[extension.flac, extension.mp3, ...]
Is there nothing like this already in?

Thank you user.

This would be ideal but it doesn't work.

I bet John Carmack is responsible for this

All that was wrong with mine was the hwdec line.

I have a setup where I set a path towards a folder containing mpv and youtube-dl so that if I like to download a video or watch a video in mpv, I got it accessible via the command line

Does mpv have a equalizer? I want to boost my bass 10db

Does mpv play segment linking properly?

Interesting, this works

af=equalizer=0:9:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0