Best vanilla OS design

Which OS looks best when you first install it with no ricing?

For me, it's Windows 10. On top of just being one of the best OS out currently, its simplistic UI is far better than the convoluted eyesore that the previous versions possessed. The start menu with customizable tiles is better than the horizontal start menus too.

Windows 7

Windows 7 no question.
This. fpbp /thread.

This is more about the DE than the OS.

Solus, hands down no competition

*blocks your path*

>blue-tinted grey
it's shit. neutral or brownish grey is always better

This. Anything past Mavericks looks like shit.

Win98 and Win7, System OS9, KDE3
Windows 10 visually looks like fucking trash. No context between UI elements makes it all blend together, and the super focus on flat is so fucking bland. Let us not go in to UI consistency issues that have not been resolved to this day. Win 10 is one of the worst OSs I can think of when speaking about visuals.

The default colors in the terminal are extremely fucking cucked on that distro.

Solus.
Install Solus.

Pretty much this. If only the grey was more neutral though...

Leopard was so fucking good. I still like macOS but it’s obvious they aren’t really sure what to do with it now besides “add more iOS features :DDD” while the core system languishes. Many of the core utilities are in dire need of an update - I shouldn’t have to rely on MacPorts just to have a current version of bash.

Also think Apple never should have ditched Skeuomorphism. Sure everyone was doing it, but they took it to an extreme and in today’s oversaturated design world of flat mspaint shit it would stand out.

When is a color actually cucked, dare I ask?

My eyes are bleeding from all the gradients

Why does everything use blue-grey these days? Discord and Avast too. It's so ugly.

Trends.
You can easily change it though. It's the only thing I've changed on mine desu.

OSX

Just look at the colors for the name

cool tints = cucked
warm or neutral = alpha

You start, OP.
>3D Icons on colored flat tiles
>The grid is too big and pointless
>you can barely tell buttons from widgets and empty space
>looks more like infographics than anything
There's a reason every other OS didn't try to reinvent the wheel and stayed with old and tried solutions. Maybe because they weren't broken in the first place.
Unlike Win 10, which is all form over function.

>windows 10
>good os
OP is braindead

Anyways. it's probably deepin OS

1/10 bayte

/thread

any chink piece of shit will look great with ebin Flickr photo for wallpaper
guess why Apple likes to do this so much

Chrome OS.

>not using wallpaper engine

botnet

Kek, W10 comes with built-in fucking ad platform, truly the OS for victims.

Windows NT 4.0

I like how Chrome OS looks, I just wish it wasn't so fucking useless

Windows looks like shit. While 10 is better than aero, pretty much anything could be. I actually think 8 looked better.

In my opinion OS X Yosemite and iOS 7 got it right. Textured GUIs were an ugly, short-lived trend (~2002-2010), deal with it, late millennials.

>RU

You're ugly.

RU indeed!

Vista and 7.

The GNU tools are very deliberately frozen at the last version prior to GPLv3. Apple doesn't want to have to de-tivoize the iDevices.

Win98

>i eat shit with both of my hands. the post

IRIX Indigo Magic Desktop
>1993
>think i'm using windows 3.1 with nice colors and a good shell
>suddenly, window transitions at native refresh rate with zero jitter
>smooth as silk

You also can achieve the same on WinXP with couple of clicks.

Windows 7 no question.
Plus the lack of builtin spyware and easy access to all of the computer functions. I've tried Windows 10 once, I felt like I was wading through shit every time I tried to get to stuff that is readily available on Windows 7.

Looks bad. Way too oversaturated.

>use windows 10
>font size too small for my poverty eyes
>try to change specific elements because the full zoom function they have is too overbearing due to zooming EVERYTHING
>turns out they removed the advanced appearance setttings in an update
>have to download some shady software to do it
>also requires me to log out every time I make changes to the font size with no previews
So stupid.

Unironically Windows Vista

7's basic theme looks better

IMO, the old OS X look was OK, but it didn't fit Apple at all. Ive's product design was obviously inspired by modernism; and it was the same about their stores. So you'd think the OS itself would surely embody it.
But Forstall's "skeuomorphism" was quite literally THE opposite of everything modernist. It was 3D, it wasn't geometric, it needed reference to daily objects, it needed to mimic real materials, etc. etc. This has nothing to do with flat look and pictograms of modernism whatsoever.
Funnily enough, even Windows and Android went modernism before Apple. Only when Steve Jobs finally died of AIDS, someone could get rid of Forstall. I don't even know how they wound up with that huge divide between Ive and Forstall at all, with their fixation on design.