The hugest meme

>subpar GUIs
>virtually no support from most manufacturers
>inferior alternatives to everything, when they even exist
>literally always requires workarounds to get a working install
Anyone who uses a Linux desktop as anything else than a hobby is deluding themselves.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Enjoy your botnet

>subpar GUIs

This is an opinion. I'm assuming you mean "waaah it doesn't look l9ike my phone!!!" because that's what it usually means. And as per my usual answer, "you don't know shit about technology."

>>subpar GUIs

..huuuh.h. de nice goooeeyy.. uuuuhhh.

>subpar GUIs
pic related

>discontinued

enjoy your subpar GUIs, no support from most manufacturers, inferior alternatives, and workaround hassle, on top of Intel Jewed backdoors anyway

Works great for software development, and typical word processing/web browsing/spredsheet crunching. Also image editing is nice if you learn2gimp. Imo, the biggest things lacking on linux today are out of the box support, gaymin, and video editing. And all those things are moving along. I can play over half my steam library on linux already, and stability is improving. I think its great, OP, and you are a fag.

GNOME 3?
>hey look we made a new thing
>it totally changes everything you learned about GUIs for 20 years
>it has no significant advantage and you need extra clicks for everything
>also we removed half of the features because they could be confusing, and you can't customize it
>enjoy your unmovable and useless top bar

KDE?
>look at my control center with 3 thousands unorganized options
>you have to use our subpar Qt programs because everything else integrates like shit
>also we bloated the UI with even more stupid animations than Windows has

XFCE?
>why would anyone need vsync ?
>oh also install compton, spend 2 hours finding the perfect CLI args, and enjoy your lag
>no sound applet by default, also network and bluetooth and battery are in the notification bar but not the sound, too bad for you if you wanted your deskbar to look good
>natural scrolling works in GTK2 but not GTK3 because we didn't bother implementing it, enjoy
>why would anyone want their scrolling to be pixel-by-pixel ? here's a 3-lines scrolling

All the good visual effects software suites have native Linux versions, some of them were even available for Linux before they were available for Windows. Hardly a delusion.

ChromeOS is discontinued?

>subpar GUIs
subjective. I find dwm and lxqt quite comfortable.
>no support from most manufacturers
This, while still somewhat of an issue, has gotten a lot better in the last few years. Basically the only things i've had serious issues with are NVIDIA GPUs (use AMD), and Broadcom Wireless (look for Atheros).
>inferior alternatives
"Waaaah it doesn't look identical to *insert proprietary program*"
"It must be inferior!"
>workaround hassle
As mentioned above, this has become less of an issue, and in many cases, is not needed at all, period.
>on top of Intel Jewed backdoors anyway
"I just lost an arm. I should chop off the other one!"
"I just got HIV. I should get full-blown AIDS now!"

Everything you cited involves GUI programs that you don't like and are too much of a snob to use because you prefer the adobe and microsoft solutions.

Chrome OS is still available for download, and works fine on desktops you twat.

Faggots, that's Remix OS. It's Android-based.

prefer professional programs you mean.

the pic shows Remix OS dumbass

>"material design"

I agree
I only run it because I have a pentium 4

This is why Mate is the best DE
AMEN

this. Mate is the best DE.
Try out mate.

>most manufacturers
You don't need support from anyone other than Intel, AMD and nVidia, which fully support Linux.

>Remix OS

Yes living in a lollipop gumdrop world everything is prestine and nothing breaks

>you have to use our subpar Qt programs because everything else integrates like shit
>subpar
Wrong. Also many programs come with or can be built with a qt frontend which should integrate perfectly with plasma. Unless you’re using KDE on Wayland, there’s nothing to complain about.

Remix OS was malware.

Have you tried Cinnamon? Really easy to use and set up. MATE is also a good alternative.

Mate and cinnamon are garbage. The only good DEs are Xfce and KDE.

>no vsync
???
sudo apt-get install compton
Set to autostart: compton --backend glx --paint-on-overlay --vsync opengl-swc
fixes tearing, less than 1 minute of work, 0 cli args needed.
>no sound applet
it's called indicator plugin. it shows networking, bluetooth, sound and other app notifications.
>GTK
yes, it's garbage. so the only good DE that remains is KDE since everything else uses GTK.

/thread

This bait is so bad I feel bad for you user

Good thing my home computer (with gui, sheeeeiiit) is for fun/entertainment = hobby
and at work I use terminal all day erry day, so no gui
what now?