Okay, Sup Forums...

Okay, Sup Forums. I want to change the PSU for my HP 400 g1 because I can literally feel my table lightly vibrating from it, but holy shit I cannot find a PSU that fits these connectors.

Pic related is how my motherboard looks. The default HP PSU has these 3 connectors:
1 - PCI-E 6 pin
2- ????????????????????????????????????????? what the hell is this called?
3 - ATX12V 4 pin

Have I cucked myself into having to endure this loud as fuck PSU?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddiy.com/products/HP-Z230-Z220-PSU-Main-Power-24%2dPin-to-6%2dPin-Adapter-Cable-(30cm).html
ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-Power-Cable-24P-to-6P-for-HP-Z220-Z230-SFF-Mainboard-server-Workstation-/263120191049
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please halp

Please help me, 4chang

Corsair CX versions

None of them seem to have the connectors I mentioned, though

To clarify, the 2nd connector has 6 pins.
The floppy connector has 4. So... I don't know

Yes it does.
Also number 2 i think is for the psu Fan (PWR CMD) ?

As I said, it's not a floppy connector. It has 6 pins, user.

Well the lack of a ATX connector means it is all probably proprietary. Go buy a multimeter and probe the pins to figure out what voltages they carry.

#2 probably contains the switch for the power button and some either the fan's tachometer and/or speed control, or something like SuperMicro's SMBUS.

Anyways if it is vibrating a lot just replace the fan in the power supply. It'll be cheaper and easier than re-wiring a new PSU.

Also #1 isnt a PCI-E 6 pin, go look at a picture of them and compare the square versus D shaped pins

you're an utter retard. just shut the fuck up now and go cry in the corner reminiscing about how you made a fool out of yourself

6 pins but only 4 cables isn't it?
have a look in here:
> superuser(.)com/questions/869600/what-is-the-6-pin-power-connector-on-an-hp-prodesk
Guy has the same problem as you, and from what i can see you're in the shitter mate :(

Sorry your dad abused you no need to shit on other people

It's a small form factor computer. The original HP PSU I have right now is 240W. Am I out of luck trying to find a different PSU?

>just replace the fan in the power supply
So you're saying it could just be the fan fucking up? I was afraid that the PSU itself is somehow fucked

>Also #1 isnt a PCI-E 6 pin, go look at a picture of them and compare the square versus D shaped pins
Ah, my bad. Must be the one right next to it. I just remember that it was in that area.

>no need to shit on other people
Yes there is. It is so in the future you remember to shut the fuck up and stop offering advice on matters in which you are in no way qualified to comment on. You're some retard who thinks because he assembled some shitbox, the same thing chinese children in foxconn factories do every fucking day, that you're some how knowledgeable about how to repair them. Just because your mom asks her why her wifi isnt working, and you power cycle your shitbox router doesn't mean you have any idea on how to nigger rig a power supply to work in OPs shit box. You're so fucking new at this you dont even own a multimeter.

>Am I out of luck trying to find a different PSU?
Pretty much. You can check ebay for working pulls. Or as I said before just replace the fan in it.

>So you're saying it could just be the fan fucking up?
The fan is generally the only moving component in a power supply. Easy way to tell would be to just momentarily unplug the fan while the PSU is running outside of the PC. Or if you want to do things right, buy a mechanics stethoscope.

Neither of them are. PCIE 6 pin power connectors have 2 square shaped pins and 4 D shaped pins. Both of your connectors have 3 square shaped pins. As I said, if you really want to nigger rig a aftermarket power supply to work in this, you need a multimeter.

>solid state components
>vibrating table

um dude you tried giving those rotating fans a proper clean ? with air ?

plug your shit into grounded socket and the vibration will stop. it's just electricity leaking so everything metallic plugged in will feel vibrating to touch.

>i'm too retarded to know what the purpose of a ground is for

>plug your shit into grounded socket

Can you elaborate please? Aren't UK sockets automatically grounded?

UK sockets should be. I personally dont have grounded sockets except in kitchen and bathroom so all my appliances feel like they're vibrating when touched.

All of my sockets are grounded.
I'll try to open the PSU up and clean it.

Do I need canned air or will a vacuum cleaner suffice?

>motherbord

What the fuck happen to Sup Forums. This place is full of spastic 12 year olds.

It's a proprietary ATX connector. If you connect PCI-E to it, you will fry the mobo.

You have to use something like this:

moddiy.com/products/HP-Z230-Z220-PSU-Main-Power-24%2dPin-to-6%2dPin-Adapter-Cable-(30cm).html

CONNECT THE PLUGS TO THE RED CIRCULAR ONES

Holy shit. This might work

Now to find one that is sold in the UK...

is that an oem/reference intel board? no one else makes normal looking boards anymore.

Mod diy delivers to the uk.

ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-Power-Cable-24P-to-6P-for-HP-Z220-Z230-SFF-Mainboard-server-Workstation-/263120191049