WIndows cucklets why do you still subject yourselves to using the proprietary heap of shit that is known as Windows?

WIndows cucklets why do you still subject yourselves to using the proprietary heap of shit that is known as Windows?

Because I’m a 1337 CS major and studies C++ aka the hardest lowest programming language that a brainlet like you would never understand.

>cucklets
>let
>meaning lack of or less of
>lack of/less of cuck
Wanna try again Lintoddler?

this, also

>hurr hurr deprecated maymayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Because it just werks

Muh gaymz n shieeet. There's no excuse for how lousy Windows is, but it simply has too much support and vaporware due to the networking effect. Windows' death will be slow and painful. Looking forward to the day that Windows becomes SaaS.

linuc work better

Linux does not support most video games

Why would I become good at Rugby in America when I could become good at hockey or baseball and actually be able to play with people?

Maybe if your cult wasn't so fucking gay and doomed to fail people would join it. Last time I checked people like convenience because their lives are busy as fuck. Nothing about alternative operating systems is appealing for someone who isn't already using them.

Dude. There is zero way open source/customizable world works out unless we completely back out and go all in. We gotta let the Seattle Sociopaths die. If somebody switches to open source / free / community driven social media / phone then nobody follows them and nobody is building shit for it it will never work. You fuckers can create crazy shit but you don't understand how retarded populations work. That's my specialty. Let me know when you are ready for stage 2 so we can end these problems once and for all.

it just werkz
linux versions of the programs I use (when they even exist) are buggy, missing features, run worse, and often require fucking around in the command line.

It works well for all of my purposes. Alternatives do not.

This

>often require fucking around in the command line
That's honestly one of my major gripes with Linux. I miss Windows when I have to start fucking around in the terminal just to merge some mp4s or something.

Loonix cucklets why do you still pretend that the political status of code has anything to do with its quality?

How about fixing Linux? Who know how many windows user would jump over to Linux if it wasn't such a crappy pile of smoking shit?

>Windows 7
>any program I want
>no hassles at all

i need, what do you call them... """muh games""" is it?

windows terminal is better than linux terminal

What do you need?
I can make some recommendations.

my problem with linux is it's input lag even without vsync
>inb4 muh gaymes

Linux supports most video games just fine, and is getting better every day. Honestly I thought it would be a year or two before the Vulkan based D3D11 implementation would be running commercial games.
Its the game companies that need to wake up to supporting modern platforms with a future instead of hoping that Microsoft doesn't pull the rug out from under them in two years.

Because it's like a quicksand pit. I'll do nearly anything to escape. HELP ME.

Could be better=Must be better

As a Linux user who occasionally has to deal with Windows in my work place I'm not sure what's wrong with Linux. Windows is a platform with a horrible file manager and that is far behind the competition at managing windows which you would think would be the things it would be best at.

Every common complaint, lack of games, drivers, etc is based on out dated information or systems built to run Windows with no consideration to the differences between the platforms like AMD having no drivers on Windows but the best drivers on Linux.

>Win7
>comfy
>just works
>removed telemetry
Feels good senpai.

Same guy screaming help here (tutorials, guides, advice, pictures of spider-man & etc. would be greatly apreciated)
I've tried Debian then Kali but never got drivers installed or updated and I never learned how to find and install repos instead of downloading applications from their individual sites.
Again, HELP. PLEASE GOD I HATE WINDOWS.

Because Windows is, unlike desktop Linux, fit for purpose.

If you're really having trouble, why not try a more newbie friendly distribution for users coming from legacy Windows like Xubuntu?

That will give you access to nice utilities like Synaptic.
What hardware had drivers that gave you trouble?

>Xubuntu?
audio, sometimes internet only because my router doesn't seem to support dhcp

I also have a chromebook that I installed win10 on that only doesn't support the built in speakers and touch pad.
That's a little unrelated but still. More driver issues with Linux OS'.

Is it a laptop or a desktop that we're talking about here?
Both of those are easily solved for a desktop with:
Getting a good router, or figuring out how to configure the one you have
$20 USB sound card, or configuring hdmi audio

because I work at a global organization with over 25,000 staffs who are all connected with Windows Office suits including outlook/calendar, sharepoint, one drive and databases. No linux suit comes even close to compete against it. The sync are seemless in all of my devices and I can use Office 365 with my office's account for free at home.

TL;DR - I do actual work.

muh games

cry kid

Because I'm not a child that has to shove this notion of Windows apparently being shit and since he uses fag-nux it has to be better. I use use for all my programs, and it doesn't take some fucking around on the terminal to download programs. and from game design to video editing (because premiere pro ain't on linux you actual retard), and yes to actual games. I find it funny that the actual 2% complain about how windows users only use it for games and so we are neets, but you idiots act like the real autistic neets on fucking Sup Forums of all places.

Sounds like you bought into a single vendor solution and are trying to rationalize the fact that you're bent over a barrel with no way out.

Even Microsoft now uses Git for managing their shit internally.

The chromebook I mentioned is a laptop but the systems that I attempted to run linux past an empty iceweasle window were desktops & VMs.
I tried both. I actually have a VM now just to try to learn how to get started.

Because I need it for work.

The chromebook was literally built to run Linux (ChromeOS is a derivative of Gentoo).
Why not re-install ChromeOS and then use a solution like Crouton if you want a full desktop?

Its possible that the build of ChromeOS uses kernel modules that are either not yet included in the default kernel in whatever distro you tried, or (worst case) aren't yet upstream.
If you can use the same kernel though you should be in good shape.

no one wants to learn new software or operating system when what they currently have offers, in general, a better user experience or a library of software that is better maintained. When technical issues arise they want to be able to easily figure it out themselves, or ask someone they know who is easily able to figure it out themselves. Linux does not offer this option for most people. People want to be able to get software from a website, double click and hit next to install. If software is in .exe format it is almost always this easy with little chance of errors. There is almost never dependency risks with an .exe.

tl;dr Linux is too much work for the average power user who makes recommendations and acts as tech support for the average user.

Reinstall ChromeOS, hope drivers work and switch through Crouton. I'll try it.

Gaming and ease of use. But at least I'm sticking with 7 for as long as I can.

Also this. Gr8 post m8.

would have been funny if the text were in emojis

Win7 for games
>Muh support
Half the people that blab about that don't even know what it means
It works for me and I don't give a shit. Windows 8/10 is cancer and I will hold off for as long as it is possible

Linux for programming/servers
I use computers for nothing else.
He gets it

WE

Most people that dumb shouldn't be using general purpose computers anyway. Let them migrate to iOS or Android.

I use linux when I can, but for work, sorry, nothing linux related comes close to Windows 10 LTSB w/ Switcheroo, emacs, and virtual desktop enhancer. So comfy.

By the way, before one of you freetards yell at me, if you're going to suggest some kind of free alternative to switcheroo please do.. I love that tool and the way it integrates with W10 virtual desktops.

What the fuck is a switcheroo? It sounds like an aussie fucked a hipster.

Shit like excel and unisim mainly.
>libreoffice
Fuck off, that trash can't even handle what excel 2010 can do

Wayland kills all games
Gnome 3 scares newbies away

How long do you think we have?
I don't really even understand what the fuck all this shit really is, in all honesty I am about as non Sup Forums as it gets but I come here from time to time to see what is new with stuff.
I am an artist and I spend 14 hours a day painting digitally and I would like to know if I will have to switch OS at some point.
I don't think my painting software is supported on Linux or even my tablet.

>artist
>doesn't use apple shit exclusively
>probably doesn't even drink some hipster coffee in starbucks
What's wrong with you?

I play video games, otherwise I'd use Linux.

Linux is a kernel.

I need it for muh gaymes and dirty japanese h games.

Don't worry I still use GAHNOO/Loonix for everything else.

Every game I've tried ran like shit on Linux and great on Windows

>WIndows cucklets why do you still subject yourselves to using the proprietary heap of shit that is known as Windows?
Memes aside I'm too dumb to install anything else.

Besides I read that if I switch to linux or something I won't be able to play games or old games because they're not supported

>Don't worry I still use GAHNOO/Loonix for everything else.
What is "everything else"? Pron? Windows can do that

Everything except muh gaymes. Web browsing, digital drawing, and programming. Windows just gets in the way, so I only use it when I have to.

>Web browsing, digital drawing, and programming.
How exactly does windows get in the way? No need to write me a over 200k word essay just a quick tldr of what/how it impedes any of that

> WIndows cucklets why do you still subject yourselves to using the proprietary heap of shit that is known as Windows?

>Freetard cucks still subject themselves to using free software developed by a bunch of hobbyist programmers just to be a special little snowflake, despite the fact that it's a steaming pile of buggy garbage

The only Linux software that isn't shit or a really bad knockoff (with like 1/3 of the features missing that the proprietary software has, and the other 2/3 doesn't work right) is the stuff made by professional developers for server environments. As a desktop OS, Linux will always be third best.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z170X motherboard that uses efi and i'm too lazy for force-installing win7.

muh pop up suggestions muh updates muh paid subscriptions to basic software
>but you can get libreoffice on windows
Yeah and it performs like shit for some reason. It's not optimized for Windows. Krita isn't bad but it generally seems to perform better on loonix too.

>impedes
That's a strong word. What I meant by "gets in the way" is a feeling of annoyance, things you can generally deal with, but why should I when I have alternatives that I like a lot more? You don't have to shill your way to me, I've already made my decision.

Bullshit nigger. All I need is a web browser, a word processor, digital painting software, and multimedia (music/video playback). I can get all of that on Linux
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh enterprise software
What a fucking meme. My shit just works. Your shit either needs to be pirated, or enrolled in a paid subscription. Fuck out of here with your shill bullshit, I'm not interested.

Because my laptop has something like 2 hour battery life due to degradation and if I was to install linux, that 2 hours would halves.
On my big boi PC I use a couple of softwares like Sketch up, LTSpice, etc... thing that the """""""""""""""GNU counterpart""""""""""""""" just sucks balls.

because i'm an inferior human, that's fucking why

i use windows because i'm a brainlet, i can't get into linux, i can't fuck my wife anymore i have to pay niggers to do it for me, her kids hate me and i hate my everyday computer repairman job. if i knew linux i'd get a better job, i'd get a better wife, i'd get a better life. so thank you microsoft for keeping me subjugated to my own weaknesses

>Krita isn't bad but it generally seems to perform better on loonix too.
I'm so fucking mad. I was recently gifted an iMac, the 27" 5k model. I was so excited to start drawing on a huge beautiful screen, but then I downloaded Krita to discover that it's literally unusable on macOS due to some shitty macOS implementation of opengl that makes everything lag worse than anything i've ever used before.

I'm so fucking mad. Back to the gentoo box for drawing.

It's an alt-tab "replacement" that provides an incremental search using the titles of windows (if you've ever used emacs you'll know what I mean). It seamlessly integrates with virtual desktops as well. It's the bees knees and as far as I know nothing on lunix comes close.

I just don't trust Microsoft. That's all there is to it. Windows isn't a "personal" operating system anymore, and I refuse to hook my brain to a botnet. It's a shame desktop linux still sucks complete shit but I force myself to use it because there's not many other botnet-free alternatives (Though I have been looking into freebsd/openbsd and I agree with their development model way more than most distros).

Still better than MemeOS and FagOS.

Windows 10, an advertising platform poorly disguised as an OS.

The choice of a generation of rape victims.

>boot linux USB on supposedly well supported hardware
>backpacking control doesn't work at all
>touchpad is garbage and there's no proper GUI tool to configure it
>optimus STILL doesn't really work
>bluetooth gets turned on even though it's disabled
Even fucking hackintosh doesn't have these problems

Because 50% of Sup Forums can't use a computer to benefit them in the long run

... The stupid is real... Right off the bat c is lower and after that you move on to assembly. I can tell you from experience that assembly is lower than cpp as I know both. Also, cpp is cross platform. At least try to come up with something like c# though that is becoming more cross platform as time goes on.

Less than 2 years until Windows 7 end of life

Will you install Windows 10 Polaris, will it be out by then?

>be given an atom netbook, 8.9"
>8GB SSD
>want to install Mint on it
>Mint requires 10GB of space, you have 8.1GB

What the actual fuck, I can install windows 7 but not fucking Lincucks Mint?

THIS. This is another reason why Windows will always trump Loserux.

If you're too retarded to set Windows to not interrupt you with updates, you're probably too retarded to use Linux without running into even bigger issues.

Fuck no, never. EOL doesn't mean end of use, and it never will. Fuckoff pejeet

> Install Linux
> Install NVIDIA 390
> DKMS failed due to GPL interface
> Just werks

ok user

>not compiling everything from source, getting a superior rolling release minimal system and forcing all daemons and proessces, x windows, etc required to be manually started (like they SHOULD BE)

>half-ass attempt.

"No."

>doing all this shit
>for a fucking acer zg5

yeah no.

Think you mean DEPRECIATED

Checkmate, loonix shill

Just install debian using the network installer, and only select what you need
Mint is garbage anyway

I'm new to Linux, I'd like as much lube as possible on my first try.

Linux doesn't support degeneracy, you have to buy a macbook

Windows needs those updates you retard. It has more security holes than swiss cheese.

Old people still use Windows XP, do you want fall victim to schemers like them?

Technology is already garbage, why make it worse and less convenient by running Linux on it? The computer is my slave. I am not going to work for the computer. If linux wasn't a constant disappointment maybe I'd switch over

Because I want something that just werks and can't justify paying absurd amounts of money for a Mac.

GNU+linux cucklets why do you still subject yourselves to wasting your time trying to get shit to work?

This post is ironic. You're a slave to your computer when you use Windows. In fact, if you read the EULA, you realize that it's not even your computer. It's Microsoft's computer for as long as Windows is installed on it. You are completely beholden to whatever arbitrary mandates Microsoft dictates. You can't change anything they don't allow.
>work for the computer
What a load of shit. Install it once and it just works as long as you select compatible hardware.

Why should I care about that? It does not affect me in real life. I'm not scared that Microsoft will come and seize my computer or something

>have to do work in R
>try to open up an r dataset in linux
>5 dependency errors
>try to install these things
>one of these missing dependencies have many other dependencies
>try to install my dependency for a dependency for a dependency
>it needs all its previous versions
>most recent version is 5.0
>have to install version 1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0 first or the 5.0 error out

It was at this point I got on a Windows machine, installed R studio cracked open a dataset and actually got to work

You really don't have to care about that, it's just that it's generally better to know what you're talking about before you start talking so you don't make posts that are amusing to people who actually do know what you're talking about.

The people who say shit like this never actually change anything about Linux so I don't know why they even bring it up as a point.

>Never used an antivirus
>Never updated windows
>Never had issues/infections/BSOD/...
(((they))) bloat it the right way from the factory so you need to call for help, just for 1.99$/minutes.

I only need to know one thing - Windows has a much higher rate of just werking than Linux.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Linux does not respect it's users. If it did it wouldn't waste my time

Just because you're tech illiterate, doesn't mean Linux doesn't respect you. It just means you're tech illiterate.