Really makes you think

>“England has collapsed politically, monetarily, constitutionally, and economically.”

- Dutch Prime Minister Rutte the morning after the Brexit vote

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/05/japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-warns-brexit-could-hit-foreig/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty#England_and_UK_generally
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303816504577313852502105454
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Weapons_Establishment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom#Nature_of_the_constitution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you haven't left yet though

>r-rebound
>f-fully recovered!!!
>meanwhile Brexit hasnt even begun

Why are Brits being so stupid?

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/05/japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-warns-brexit-could-hit-foreig/

Wasnt it the international markets that rebound after the Brexit vote.

Why are all European politician such EU cucks? Trying to secure an unelected position in the Commission before they get voted out from a real democratic government or do they actually believe a federation is the way Europe should be heading?

But everyone knows we're going to leave. Besides, Rutte said we have collapsed not that we will later.

>“That country now has collapsed -- politically, economically, monetarily and constitutionally,” Rutte told lawmakers Tuesday. Directing his remarks to British members of the 28-nation EU assembly, he added: “You will have years of work ahead of you to get out of this mess.”

>Japanese PM warns

You mean like how the Dutch PM said we have collapsed?Do you think maybe Abe is trying to get the best result for Japan as possible before negotiating starts?

>f-fully recovered!!!

Excuse me where did I say that?

Learn how EU works kid. If you're outside of the union- you lost. Look at non EU members from eastern europe. Rich countries like Switzerland de facto are the part of the union-they pay money and implement most of eu regulations.

Maybe if you're a small country which can't stand up to the EU. The UK isn't Switzerland or Norway.

>But everyone knows we're going to leave

Yeah, and they're now ordering from British businesses while it's still sensible to do so.

Not an argument

>vote to leave
>calm down, we arent actually leaving

you stupid cucks

>constitutionally
Oh am laffin. Bongs never had a "constitution" in the first place. Rule of the zeitgeist is more to their liking.

>parliamentary sovereignity
Down the drain it goes.

>rebounds
If you didn't collapse, what would be there to rebound from, sherlock?

>whoa it turns out that when your central bank slashed interest rates and desperately tries to keep your currency afloat there might be a slight short-term effect on gdp

>Bongs never had a "constitution" in the first place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom

>do they actually believe a federation is the way Europe should be heading?

In a global context, probably. The west is losing power every single day.
>aging population
>smaller young generations every year
>developing countries passing us economically
>they have massive populations
>they have resources
>some have deep antipathy towards the west

Future doesn't look bright. There's hordes of 3rd worlders waiting to cuck us. It's better that we try to get along and build a behemoth of EU, rather than squabble amongst each other like some puny states waiting to be dominated by China.

This is a realistic view, even if you wouldn't agree on EU's stance on immigration or cohesion policy etc.

Go back to bed Mark Rutte and Mark Rutte's wife

sure, we wuz empire and shit.

This.
Either waste efforts bitching or develop a strong counter force against the growing influence of the developing world.

In international matters Europe has less nations then other continents but has the organizational efforts to coordinate.

>Do you think maybe Abe is trying to get the best result for Japan as possible before negotiating starts?
Yes I did read the Guardian article about that. And yes, they're milking for a better deal. And so will every other country when the negotiations begin.
Interesting to see how May & Co. will handle this.

Did you forget to read the wikipedia-shit you linked?

>bong
>thinks the magna carta/english bill of rights still exist in any meaningful legal capacity
I repeat: you have no constitution.

And much more influence in organisation's of power.

>sure, we wuz empire and shit.

Kek. Can't handle the truth, which is that we don't need an empire in order to be much more relevant than Norway or Switzerland when it comes to dealing with the EU

>This is a realistic view, even if you wouldn't agree on EU's stance on immigration or cohesion policy etc.
We don´t need federalism to combat Asians. Trade agreements with the US and anglo countries will do the job just fine.

>smaller young generations every year
I don't understand why this is always seen as a bad thing instead of an opportunity. I look round the workshop at work and see so many people we could just replace with robots. We don't need a massive unskilled low paid workforce.

As far as developing countries go, well I'm still waiting on Brazil.

I won't trust the EU to put us in a strong position while they are trying to implement TTIP.

>looks like I don't have a good response, better bring up my vast collection of small foamy beer images that I so desperately want to take off

>And much more influence in organisation's of power.
We don´t need military influence. The US takes care of that for us. What we need is a united economic front, binding the US, Europe and other first-world anglo countries in trade and commerce.

>Did you forget to read the wikipedia-shit you linked?

Did you? Because it states that the UK has a constitution. You're too stupid to realise codified constitutions aren't the only type of constitutions.

The idea that constitutions have to be written up in one single document or they don't count is for the fairies

Why do you prefer trade agreements with the US over other countries? The US constantly does its best to fuck everything up. Look at the recent Starbucks tax kerfuffle, complain about Ireland's tax laws all you want but the US is the real target here.

>We don´t need military influence. The US takes care of that for us.

This attitude is actually disgusting

But those nations try to rip you off hard.

Look at the size of the EU without you in it and at your size - one of those things has a bigger economy.

I'm dealing with Finland right now, wait your turn there's a good lad

What do you expect from a small nation both in influence and outlook? The whole EU is like it except for France funnily enough.

>collapsed politically
What did he mean by this?

>Did you? Because it states that the UK has a constitution.
What it states is irrelevant. You´re still in the wrong.
>The idea that constitutions have to be written up in one single document or they don't count is for the fairies
Your country practices parliamentary sovereignity, which is incompatible with constitutionalism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty#England_and_UK_generally

Any legal proposal in Britain can be voted into law with a simple majority. This form of governance inevitably tramples the rights and liberties of constituents. Case in point: British mongrelization and outright ignorance of the Magna Carta and the 1689 English Bill of Rights.

>one of those things has a bigger economy.
Mhm and the other thing has a big economy in its own right and a huge trade deficit with the EU and it's one of only two real European military powers, one of two European nuclear weapons and UNSC P5 states.

But none of this matters because rEU GDP is larger than UK GDP right?

>Mark Rutte's wife
he's single

You got a lot of help at the falklands.

They lost a good prime minister and now have an idiot as foreign secretary.

>Why do you prefer trade agreements with the US over other countries?
Because the only other options are, viewed from a Western perspective: China (commie autocratic fascist shithole), Japan ( autocratic fascist state), South Korea ( autocratic fascist state) and India (autocratic fascist state).

>2015

France has a larger economy now

You don't need empire, but you need money to stay relevant. Foreign investments and economic partnerships. Now you are going to accept a new deal with one of your biggest partner again- the EU.
As Jap in article said- you were their doors for the rest of the Europe. You benefited from being part of the EU.
For them it is like this
>we wanna expand in EUrope, let's choose a stable EU country
>ok, UK sounds like the best option.
Not anymore. They will have to deal with you and EU separately.

Stay mad, cuckk

You're going to nuke the EU unless we give you a good deal? lmao, it's current year and your nukes are american.
Besides, EU army is coming try to out-fund this.

Stupid weebshit poster

>What did he mean by this?

they unironically have Brois Johnson as foreign secretary and labour is still in the hands of a fucking communist.

Deals with those last 3 are fine though. Do you honestly think they are fascist?

>You got a lot of help at the falklands.
From many of our allies not just the US. Plus the US initially tried to help Argentina and tried to stop the British military going to take it back. A British military able to act by itself is the only way UK was able to prosecute that war. If we had to rely on the US heavily Argentina would own those islands. Source

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303816504577313852502105454

>lmao, it's current year and your nukes are american.
No, the actual nukes are British

The Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) is responsible for the design, manufacture and support of warheads for the United Kingdom's nuclear deterrent. It is the successor to the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment (AWRE) with its main site on the former RAF Aldermaston and has major facilities at Burghfield, Blacknest and RNAD Coulport.

AWE plc, responsible for the day-to-day operations of AWE, is owned by a consortium of Jacobs Engineering Group, Lockheed Martin UK and Serco through AWE Management Ltd, which holds a 25‑year contract (until March 2025) to operate AWE. All the sites are owned by the Government of the United Kingdom which has a golden share in AWE plc.[1]

The establishment is the final destination for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament's annual march from Trafalgar Square, London. The first Aldermaston March was conceived by the Direct Action Committee and took place in 1958.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Weapons_Establishment

More reading for you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom#Nature_of_the_constitution

"The legal scholar Eric Barendt argues that the uncodified nature of the United Kingdom constitution does not mean it should not be characterised as a "constitution", but also claims that the lack of an effective separation of powers, and the fact that parliamentary sovereignty allows Parliament to overrule fundamental rights, makes it to some extent a 'facade' constitution.[50]"

"A. V. Dicey identified that ultimately "the electorate are politically sovereign," and Parliament is legally sovereign.[52] Barendt argues that the greater political party discipline in the House of Commons that has evolved since Dicey's era, and the reduction in checks on governmental power, has led to an excessively powerful government that is not legally constrained by the observance of fundamental rights.[50] A Constitution would impose limits on what Parliament could do. To date, the Parliament of the UK has no limit on its power other than the possibility of extra-parliamentary action (by the people) and of other sovereign states (pursuant to treaties made by Parliament and otherwise)."

tl;dr: you are victims of the zeitgeist, enjoying whatever "rights" and privileges you may have only at the whim of hotheaded political progressives.

Boris looks like a fun bloke, like the classic Top Gear crew.

What's wrong with Brois

>. Do you honestly think they are fascist?
Confucianism/taoism is thinly-veiled fascism. Asian social structures and hierarchies are built on confucianist/taoist (and similar) thought.

Asians have little in common with Europeans from an ideological standpoint.

You let a single man rule you?

>>smaller young generations every year
>I don't understand why this is always seen as a bad thing instead of an opportunity. I look round the workshop at work and see so many people we could just replace with robots.

>We don't need a massive unskilled low paid workforce.
What about a large, skilled, creative workforce? They don't have to work in a sausage factory. More workforce means greater economic power.

Someone needs to pay for the pensioners. There's going to be a mountain of old people in Europe. There's also going to be a society to fund by taxes, robots don't pay taxes. You can always try to strip down the state into a "Randian utopia", but that won't be easy, and no one is sure it'll work.
It's really difficult to argue anything if you don't know the basic negative effects of population decline/aging population. Don't like to explain everything from the fucking beginning.

If there's going to be 1,4-1,5 billion Chinese and 1,5-2 billion Indians alone in the next 20-30 years, and they both have a growing middle class, the power will shift towards the far east, whether we want it or not. It's how we combat it that matters.
This means more cooperation.

Labour exploding wasn't the fault of the EU vote. They fucked up ever since they allowed anyone to register to vote for their leader. They were so lax with their checks well known Conservatives were able to register.

Boris as foreign secretary is a funny one. Essentially, his job and one other in the cabinet has had their importance lowered by the introduction of the new department to leave the EU. If you took the time to analyse May's choices in picking her cabinet you can see what she's doing.

Boris is better than other options anyway.

He's married to his country. He devotes himself entirely to the well-being of his people, and champions our identity and values wherever he sets foot.

>Someone needs to pay for the pensioners

we're gonna just kill them

>Boris Johnson
>somehow a bad influence
He´s a freedom-loving American at heart. Bongs would benefit greatly by turning away the Orwellian nightmare they´re slowly transforming into.

I wouldn't trust him t b h, if everything goes tits up he can just escape to Luxembourg, not worrying about his wife and her son

Soylent Green?

>What about a large, skilled, creative workforce?
That doesn´t exist. Only small minority (say, 20%) of the population possesses the intelligence necessary to succeed in mentally demanding fields - this would include "creative" pursuits of most kinds.

>More workforce means greater economic power.
*smarter workforce
FTFY

>If there's going to be 1,4-1,5 billion Chinese and 1,5-2 billion Indians alone in the next 20-30 years, and they both have a growing middle class, the power will shift towards the far east, whether we want it or not.
The Chink/Indian middle class are no threat to us. Rather, the biggest threat to our cultural and economic hegemony are the gifted Chinks/Indians numbering in the millions.

>There's also going to be a society to fund by taxes, robots don't pay taxes
But businesses making more money because of lowered costs do. Don't complain about having to explain stuff "from the fucking beginning" when you have no clue.

Do you have any idea how much of the total intake of tax is paid by the highest band of tax? A lot more than people who are paid to move boxes for a living.

The power might shift to the East, sure. And then they're going to have the same problems you are currently talking about.

Your nuclear program is heavily integrated with the US, the Trident is full of american tech and you would have trouble working independently.
Google it around if you don't trust me, but unlike the french you chose to work with the americans a whole lot. and I trust they will have something to say about the UK dickwaving.

>our identity and values
A nanny-state soon to be left stranded on foreign soil once the Ocean swallows your country whole?

>once the Ocean swallows your country whole
*hearty laugh*

he's perhaps the least diplomatic person on earth
being fun isn't a relevant quality

>That doesn´t exist. Only small minority (say, 20%) of the population possesses the intelligence necessary to succeed in mentally demanding fields - this would include "creative" pursuits of most kinds.
I honestly do believe you can make anyone smart. The problem is at least here is that there are just too many kids per class to properly help each one. I tried to google some figures then but only found old data (2012), saying the UKs average class size in primary education was about 25 to Finland's 20. I remember sizes of 30+ when I was in school and you can't help kids in classes that size.

If there were less kids it'd give more chances to them. At least that's what I'd like to happen.

Being fun as foreign secretary is actually part of the job.

>Labour exploding wasn't the fault of the EU vote

I didn't claim it was. Rutte claimed that the brexit vote will only further divide British politics. There's no real meaningful opposition to the right-wing element of the Tory party that governs now.

>Boris as foreign secretary is a funny one. Essentially, his job and one other in the cabinet has had their importance lowered by the introduction of the new department to leave the EU. If you took the time to analyse May's choices in picking her cabinet you can see what she's doing.

he insulted Obama and Clinton, and made various racist remarks, all of which isn't exactly helpful when negociating with people

>If there's going to be 1,4-1,5 billion Chinese
China's population is already declining dumbass, their birth rate is lower than ours

>the right-wing element of the Tory party that governs now.

Theresa May is a centrist in the Tory party not on the right. In several areas she is to the left of Cameron

>you have no clue.
So your answer is robots? To the aging population problem? To me it sounds like it is you who doesn't have a clue.
Why don't you open up your concept a bit so I could grasp it better?

>The power might shift to the East, sure. And then they're going to have the same problems you are currently talking about.
Agreed.

I want England so much to success after the Brexit. Show us the path to escape from the german dictatorship! You arr always right, Hitler, Napoleon, now Merkel.

The Tory party is fairly central at the moment. If this was a right-wing Tory government you'd see Michael Gove on the front benches. The fact that there's no opposition is no one's fault but the left. For some reason they don't seem to understand that they're losing because they're too left-wing, and decide the way to win is to become even more left-wing. You'll win London and Scotland but not much anywhere else.

Obama's a retard and so is Clinton. If anything we could do with less negotiating with the US.

certainly not as much as having knowledge of economics, international relations, cultures, negotiation, and experience with dealing with foreign diplomats

of course there was someone more qualified than Boris for the position

>dumbass
Great passive-aggressiveness you got there, kiddo

Last I heard TTIP negotiations are effectively collapsing though. I don't know if it has anything to do with Brexit, but if so, thank you Brits.

Now pls hurry up and leave the Union completely right away.

>he insulted Obama and Clinton, and made various racist remarks, all of which isn't exactly helpful when negociating with people

I don't really care that much, I think we are too close and too reliant on the USA. It's not as bad as Sup Forums thinks but it makes me uncomfortable. If the UK-US relationship stopped being so close and maybe took a step backwards I would be happy

Ok so get this. We currently have an aging population and we're currently agreed on this. Where we differ is how we fix the problem. You are not fixing the problem. You are simply saying the answer is more people, which in future means even more old people and guess what we're back to where we are.

Replacing the low-skilled staff with machines then gives you the chance to put more people in the care industry which you can easily do by incentivising it. You're still hoping for the population to have less children, but for any developed country this isn't a problem and is happening anyway.

How do you fix the problem then so that it doesn't come back?

May was perfectly fine with deporting people to totalitarian shitholes like Eritrea. The fact is that she isn't the only person with power in the party. It's pretty clear that the anti-EU part of the party has the upper hand, otherwise brexit wouldn't have been a thing.

>Why are Brits being so stupid?
Saying the crashed the morning after the vote is just as stupid, if not more.

>of course there was someone more qualified than Boris for the position
Ok, who?

I think France is your saviour there. It could be that he's just acting up for votes but they're the ones complaining the loudest at the moment from what I see.

The EU leaders are absolutely in favour though so we'll see what happens.

the EU was essentially the only thing stopping the US from having an unfathomably large influence on the UK >muh commonwealth is a meme

>Ok, who?
literally any high foreign office bureaucrat

The anti-EU part of the Conservative party is, unless I am mistaken, smaller than the pro-EU part at the moment. Or at least, more supported Remain than Leave.

If the anti-EU part were in power, May wouldn't be PM.

So you don't know who and don't have any names?

No honestly he was probably the best candidate not already due a promotion. We can talk about who's better once you can give some names and reasons why instead of just "Boris is bad".

>the EU was essentially the only thing stopping the US from having an unfathomably large influence on the UK

I don't see how this is true. It assumes the UK must move closer to the US if we're outside the EU, but I don't see why that has to be the case? I'm not proposing the Commonwealth is the answer either. I think your view on this is too simplistic

>It's pretty clear that the anti-EU part of the party has the upper hand, otherwise brexit wouldn't have been a thing.

Brexit was a thing because our Remain Prime Minister gave the British people a vote. He resigned and the Tory party elected another Remain Prime Minister to lead the country through Brexit. Theresa May then proceed to neuter the prominent Brexiters by giving them high level Cabinet positions, this means they can't play political games against the leadership. Collective responsibility.

In summary we have a moderate, cautious Conservatve Prime Minister who supported EU membership leading us through Brexit. It means the process will be very slow and careful, and we'll retain very close links with Europe.

it's in the UK's economic and strategic best interest to form alliances, in this the only real acceptable choices are the US or the EU

Farage isn't in the cabinet and he wields much influence. I also wouldn't be surprised if Boris pulled some Machiavellian trick to become PM

As much as you clearly don't like China and the others, they are as good a choice as any. You can say how they're not acceptable because they do mean things, but we already trade with the Saudis.

>it's in the UK's economic and strategic best interest to form alliances
Yes. But we already have an alliance with the US. Being less dependent on them wouldn't stop us being allies.

>in this the only real acceptable choices are the US or the EU
No. That is completely wrong. In fact you're wrong on two levels

Firstly, the national governments are more important than the EU as a whole. So it's the relationships with France, Germany, Poland, Italy, etc that matter. We will remain allies with the vast majority of European countries when we've left the EU. Indeed, some of them need us more than we need them.

Secondly, the "only real acceptable choices" are not just Europe and the US. We have good relations with many countries in the Asia-Pacific and enduring bonds with various countries all over the world.

In the Asia-Pacific we should be getting closer to the FPDA countries (Aus, NZ, Malaysia, Singapore), South Korea, Japan and to a lesser extent China. We should also put more effort into the Americas. Mexico, Brasil, Chile are all good prospects.

I'm glad to hear similar noises coming out of the government.

There is so much potential to build up stronger relationships outside the North Atlantic. I am fed up with people like you talking us down saying we shouldn't think like a global power when that's our natural state of being.

> brexit hasn't even begun
> "you see EU? Everything's fine!!!'11!"

dumb bongposter

>Italy

Farage is gone.

>brexit hasn't even begun
>EU and non-EU leaders prophesising the end-times
Swings both ways. It's retarded in both cases.

>Dutch Prime Minister Rutte
Let's be honest, nobody cares about what he says. He could say the sky is purple and nobody would care.

They're on eu payroll