Which is the most Aryan master race of subwoofer enclosure types? I have a table saw, Kreg jig...

Which is the most Aryan master race of subwoofer enclosure types? I have a table saw, Kreg jig, and a router now so the entire gamut of designs is open to me.

Many audiophiles seem to prefer the tight punchiness of sealed designs, but audiophiles are full of lies and the enthusiasts on AVSForum and other more objective forums seem to favor subs tuned low in massive boxes. Then there is a whole nother subset of enthusiasts who favor the efficiency and power of horn-loaded designs, but the physics behind designing good horn subs and the difficulty in construction are intimidating. I'm leaning towards sealed because of the ease of construction and size and I've never heard a ported sub sound as good as a sealed one, but honestly I don't know shit. What is Sup Forums's consensus?

I was thinking of making backloaded horns for cheap speakers for a while now and found some designs that where deemed 'not shit' by the usually pissy 'experts' so, i would say they were ok. Why do you think that making a horn speaker is difficult, providng that you measure everything correctly and take time with assembly?

4th order bandpass desu

If you want DIY look up Marty sub. Easy to build, multiple designs and sizes to fit your needs.

Horn loaded is superior in every aspect however. And how the fuck are transmission line and backloaded horn different?

Horns take precise building and much more time than a basic sealed or ported box.

>Which is the most Aryan master race of subwoofer enclosure types?

bose tier

It would be really cool to have something like a Gjallerhorn to fill a room with actual 120 dB at 20 Hz.

Per my rudimentary research basically all horn subs require advanced DSP and fine tuning with a mic to correct for the pig disgusting frequency curve.

Why aren't these designs more available on the commercial market? Is it the problem of keeping inventory of such huge boxes?

each successively more complicated design is making sacrifices specific to the application.

If Sealed is vanilla, then ported trades frequency range for output and larger size cabinet. ported required better-than-moron level carpentry, and some math to get the port size and box size right at the frequencies you're going to operate.

Bandpass takes a trip further down the same road, using a narrower frequency range, and more complicated box design & construction for increased output and power handling.

Unless youre doing pro-audio venues, or automotive dB competitions, a ported or sealed sub is good enough for like 99% of people.

if you're going to DIY it, pick an existing plan within your budget and build that. The nice thing about plans is that the math is already done for you, there's no need to futz with it.

>subwoofer
>masterrace

Anyway, closed box if you like most precise bass.
Ported if you are willing to sacrifice a tiny bit precision for power.

Everything else basically falls into the categories flooding mibbabass, PA or sound crystalls on your lifted wires.

>butthurt shitskin commie detected.

I had a Velodyne sub that had a 10" front firing sub and a bottom firing 12" passive radiator and it was the best sounding home sub I've ever owned.

Janis Principle would make a good name for a shitposting group with super-heavy base music.

Janis is invented by nigger from Bronx

So it's exactly what it looks like, an even nibbabasser version of a normal bandpass?

can’t get actual deep bass from a sealed box iirc. Ported is the aryan of subs, bandpass and sealed go to the gas chamber.

>Aryan master race
>Ghetto blasting subwoofer
OP is a nigger.

yeah true aryans only listen to frequencies above 1khz.

retard.

Then any piece of shit will do. Fuck off.

Just a quick reminder that unless your mains have 10” drivers you hear nothing in your source below 100Hz

There practically isn’t any stereo setup that isn’t made more high fidelity by the addition of a subwoofer.

this is most aryan sub u can get

Speaking of Bose, what sort of black magic bandpass design is this?

the concept of spooks is itself a spook
this

8th order?
Anyway they've given it up for a much simpler transmission line in recent products.

I favor the left middle design myself, downward-facing driver in a ported enclosure. I never knew audiophiles hated ported subs, I think they sound good.

Don't higher-order filters introduce excessive phase shift? Sub frequencies have long wavelengths which make them especially susceptible to phase delay.