2018 Macbook Pro rumors/speculation

Does anyone have any theories on what changes will be made for the 2018 Macbook and when it will get announced? I'm holding out on switching and I'm not sure it's going to be worth the wait. I know there won't be any radical design changes but I wasn't expecting that anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

bytewolfgaming2.github.io/fun
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0 ports, wireless charging, no trackpad Celeron CPU and no gpu

the dream... the Celeron is so overpowered though! you would think they wouldn't waste all of that power for such a light OS!

Probably won't happen this year but I want a Pro laptop with a proper keyboard (actual key travel not the travesty they have now), no touchbar (need proper Esc key), clicky touchpad (click and hold gives no feedback with the haptic stuff), some extra ports (USB, SD card), would be nice to get a Ryzen/Vega based APU. At least give me a good keyboard and touchpad, otherwise I'll get a ThinkPad X1 Carbon for my next laptop.

definitely needs a key travel upgrade, but I would be fine with the touchbar if they just made the escape key actually align with the left edge

0 ports
0 keyboard travel
throttling and overheating to pentium 4 tier performance

No internal SSD, iCloud only.
Zero ports other than a single USB-C
3mm thinner

this

>buying Macbook Pros after 2015
the 2015 models were the best, and will stay that way unless apple decides to end this faggotry

>buying macshit
>ever

I've never bought a mac
I just think that all the new usb-c butterfly keyboard macbooks are shit

Their going to add a touch screen on top of a iBar, and also more integration with iCloud.

I'm a fan of the 2012 models.
I actually just upgraded to the most powerful 2012 model available.

I think macbooks were better when they had nvidia gpus

>apple trash
>ever
lmao

bytewolfgaming2.github.io/fun

FaceID

Now that Apple has gone apeshit with no standard USB ports and making it harder to get Discrete graphics on their laptops, I'd argue that the best one in the market right now is the 13 inch MacBook Air.
People aren't buying the new Pro so they're already working on its replacement and should arrive next year or in 2020, wonder if they'll put actual USB ports on them by then.

What's this supposed to do? My PC loads it just fine.

>13 inch MacBook Air
the screen on this thing is absolute trash
and the processor is 5th gen, when 8th gen cpu laptops are shipping right now

>0 ports, wireless charging, no trackpad Celeron CPU and no gpu
No monitor, keyboard replaced with a ball you hold on to that tracks your mood and releases chemicals into your brain

No screen no keyboard not even a mouse pad

*renders your keyboard useless*

My predictions:
1. Overpriced
2. Garbage

I actually wouldn't be that shocked if they released one with almost no internal memory and cloud-only shit. Don't know if they could arrange something like the Kindle where people could just piggyback regular 3G networks. Probably way more traffic though. Would have to come with an iNet™ subscription or something

AMD/Intel combo instead of separate CPU and GPU, improved keyboard (normies been complaining) hope with an actual travel space and 2 mm thinner.

What are they going to store the OS on? NAND?

Read-only flash. And you know macfags will defend it.
>well why do you *need* to write files? Just use iCloud

>read-only
how do you expect to receive OS updates?

Probably just a spec bump with no changes to the hardware flaws.

>2015
the new, thinner ones have less thermal throttling believe it or not

>well why do you *need* updates?

So you expect me to buy a new machine to receive a new OS update, I'd rather just use a car's infotainment system at that point as my main computer

It’ll fetch it from the internet, similar to how the internet recovery drive works.

This but the wireless charging won't be Qi. It'll be legitimate "across the room" wireless charging.

quad core cpu for 13”
6 core cpu for 15”

My general rule of thumb is to just keep using the same laptop until you literally have to upgrade.

I've been on the same 2010 Macbook for years and see no need to upgrade. I put a SSD in it and everything is instantaneous. Upgrades to Sierra and works fine. Why buy a new computer if the old one still works, and works well?

Whole keyboard replaced with mega Touch Bar.

Don't give them ideas, pls

I hope on the 2018 version they remove every """""""""improvement""""""""" they made to the 2017 editions.

The trackpad and keyboard are atrocious on the current version. They've cut costs by switching to low profile switches, and sold it to their customers as an "upgrade", even though it feels horrible to use. They also further cut costs removing the clickable elements of the trackpad, and just vibrate a haptic sensor instead. It also feels like shit to use.

Then they go ahead and downgrade the performance, so people ""upgrading"" from their 2016 model actually see performance drop. But at least they have a touchbar now, right?

Oh and don't forget to spend another $200 on USB-C dongles so you can do literally anything with your machine.

I'm a long time Apple cocksucker, too. Before the 2017 MBP I would have never considered buying anything else.

the resolution of this 2010 macbook is literally 1/4th of the latest generation of macbook, who doesn't want to watch their waifus with highest possibile details?

It'll likely continue with the two port USB C design, but internally it'll probably the be the best Ultrabook available, seeing as Apple is likely the only manufacturer big enough to warrant a partnership between AMD and Intel.

I like you

>There is a really big html file that iOS can’t really handle well. When you send a link to someone via iMessages or WhatsApp it fetches it for a preview, and since it can’t handle it, it crashes.

it made seamonkey crash for me on ubuntu. blaming apple is literally fake news

I am in same boat, although your thoughts on keyboard and trackpad are bait tier, it’s just they ran out of ideas and went with ‘lel just make it thinner’ so they can shrink everything else. I too never looked for other notebooks but if next macbook will be the same shit I will have to look elsewhere. Now I am thinking about razer blade but bezel is ugly, battery life can be meh and I heard fans go somewhat loud even in office tasks, but biggest problem is fucking puke like bezel.

I have a MBP16 I'm using right now and honestly I don't get any of the criticisms to do with the keyboard or touchbar etc.

>They also further cut costs removing the clickable elements of the trackpad, and just vibrate a haptic sensor instead. It also feels like shit to use.
Touchpad is fine to use, literally doesn't feel any different to a physical one and you also get the added bonus of force touch, and it's like 5 times as big which is amazing for graphics work etc
I also hate mechanical keyboards so butterfly is great for me, and I'm faster on it. I got super hard when MS first revealed their touch cover, It'd be cool if they did something like that.
The only real issue I have, and it is admittedly pretty shitty, is one of my keys occasionally fails to register. It seems to be a problem confined to certain '16 models and they're offering free replacements/fixes, but that involves giving them my machine and waiting days or even weeks which I can't do due to work.

>Oh and don't forget to spend another $200 on USB-C dongles so you can do literally anything with your machine.
I literally spent a tenner on a single dongle which does absolutely everything I could possibly want.

I hope they manage to slim it down a bit more.

Ryzen 8 core with Vega graphics

All I really want is pro-motion.

>As long as soylent green provides me with sufficient nutrients, I see no need in consuming any better, tastier, and more varied food.

That'd actually make me consider buying Applel for the first time.

Gets rid of touch pad in exchange for Face ID which tracks your eye movement to be used as a cursor

This would be awesome if they could make it work with glasses. How would you click?

How's the battery life though. I've heard multiple rumors about apple notebooks having less battery degradation over the years, when compared to most other windows laptops.

because the battery is 30% smaller to go with the smaller chassis and the new Intel processors are better

Rumors are floating around that the macbook might get a bigger screen from 12 inch to 13 inch.

I would like to go even bigger, give me an Macbook with a 15 inch screen. A truly thin and light, ultrabook with a big screen

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

They aren't going to do any of that. They're going to make the entire keyboard an emoji touchscreen and remove the ports and headphone jack. Wait a few months for the prices on the X1 carbon with 8th gen processors to fall a bit before buying.

absolutely... should have already been added by now

Mactoddlers will defend this.

the 2012 models are notorious for logic board and graphics failures. literally the worst model year you could choose.

i used a late 2008 unibody macbook for 9 years without problems though. A year ago I bouth a 2010 Mac Pro and after some upgrades its cheaper and performs better than anything you could buy at apple now.

> Company of faggots that makes overpriced shit for other faggots should end their faggotry

Mactoddlers have defended this.

I just want them to change those shitty keyboards. Literally every generation they've made it worse.

My old 2006 white Macbook that is stored somewhere in the basement has a better keyboard than the current lineup.

Really? I've never heard that.

Just looked online, looks like only the 2012 retina models were affected.
I've got the non-retina built-to-order (9,1).

The best model was the MacBook Pro 2010.

>best model
>of macshit
That's not saying much.

I still have mine after 8 fucking years and still use it every day. It started to get slow but after a few upgrades it runs like a brand new laptop model again.

>switched out battery
>increased ram from 4gb to 8gb
>switched out 500gb HDR with 250gb SSD
>switched out cd-rom with the old HDR giving me 750gb of storage

Dell, HP, Lenovo and all the other shit laptops by shit brands would have been completely useless after 8 years of daily use.

t. poor stinkpad

>mactoddler is in impressed his chinktrash fruit toy lasted 8 years

Meanwhile 30 year old PCs and PC laptops still function perfectly unlike Macintrash.

Take a bath

>30 year old laptops

I think Apple are pretty cozy with AMD these days, it'd be nice if they adopted Ryzen mobile for the 13"

The laptops that Lenovo, HP, Dell, Vaio, Asus, Acer and Microsoft create is all unstable plasticky, cheapo trash that breaks after 3 years.

Stationary computers is an entirely different matter and not comparable.

The Mac trackpad is truly amazing. Whereas I like the trackpoint or a mouse on PC.

Lack of key travel is what made me switch. I see loads of people using it, and I'm sure I'd get used to it, but hard to imagine after working on a Thinkpad for a while.

My exact thoughts. Don't mind the all USB-C port selection, though.

Oh they will 100% add FaceID.

Same. I was an Apple fan boy since the old black macbook (2007?).

>Touch-typing array™

Only keys signed by Apple can install updates

I miss the polycarbonate macshit

This.
Macs are a fucking joke.

They're not Microsoft.

Tim Cook is probably too nice. Steve Jobs was a complete and utter cunt, but it was effective.

Keyboard actually isn't bad when you get used to it. 2nd generation butterfly switch is leaps and bounds better than the first.

USB C should stay. USB A should/will go away.

How on fucking earth do you think a goddamn 3D touch sensor and a fucking haptic feedback motor is 'cheaper' than a clickable trackpad. Are you fucking retarded?

Touchbar could go away. Or at least give me a physical escape key and a touchbar. Sliding to adjust screen/keyboard brightness and volume is kinda neat.