I do not get it Sup Forumsents

I do not get it Sup Forumsents.

What is the appeal of this stale meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/24-Pack-Acoustic-Foam-Panel-Wedge-Studio-Soundproofing-Wall-Tiles-12-X-12-X-1-/172249496452?nav=SEARCH
youtube.com/watch?v=WvYlRZ5_YjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It tastes good

It looks cool and does nothing

God's monitor calibration sample.

/thread

kill yourself imbecile

i want to fill my a room with these but they are too expensive for what they are

In theory they'll reduce echo. In practice, they'll kind of reduce the transfer of bass through a wall.

Need more thickness than pic to do much.

a couple of towels actually reduce sound way more tgan the meme foam

99% of you fags don't even need it, but you'll end up decorating your "battlestation" with it, just like your pop filters and other meme shit.

m.ebay.com/itm/24-Pack-Acoustic-Foam-Panel-Wedge-Studio-Soundproofing-Wall-Tiles-12-X-12-X-1-/172249496452?nav=SEARCH

>pop filter
>meme

l2read turbonig

>like your pop filters and other meme shit
>pop filters and other meme shit
>pop filters
>meme shit

Is there an affordable noise dampening material that you can actually use at home?

A TOWEL

It is memeshit, you retard.

>

>literally no comprehension
It is a meme, m8. You're just a retard that needs to be gassed.

go to bed memer

>memer
Says the retard that uses a pop filter when his voice is just going to get heavily compressed and distorted by god-knows-what VOIP program he's using.

what a fucking idiot...
pop filter
POP filter
P O P
O
P
it has nothing to do with quality

>pop filter
>not having to do with quality
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You make me fucking laff, m8. What does a pop filter do other than reduce noise and distortions (aka, increase quality)?

it removes popping from you blowing on your mic during certain sounds you make
it doesn't reduce noise and distortions
I can't believe this is g
you trolled me hard, I'm done

So we don't have to hear you post

>popping from you blowing on your mic
I believe we can call one those things a "noise" or "distortion" of some sort. Literally a meme if all you're using it for is VOIP.

How do you attach these to your wall? Glue?

>not having a decent mic
>not haveng a filter
>not using at least mid quality opus for voip
Please, never ever, ever speak on the internet.

>implying I have a choice in what codec most clients use
>using studio equipment for fucking VOIP that's going to get downsampled and compressed anyways
meming retard
>Please, never ever, ever speak on the internet.
With the way you type, you must be a red.ditor. Please go back. We don't need any more consumer whores here.

You are making pretty big deal out of this. You do realize pop filters are literally like $5 purchase? If you are against popfilters you can get foam cover, for maybe $1.
Popfilters have measurable effect on sound, specifically they block certain (unpleasant) sounds. It doesn't really matter if you use it for voip or anything else or if it gets compressed or not. It will still block those sounds (at least to some extent) before they reach mic.

Having a pop filter implies you're a consumerist whore that fell for the studio-grade meme. You probably have an expensive microphone that's wasted on VOIP.

rockwool

Acoustic foam makes a huge difference for treating a room. It's not even expensive, how poor are you fags?

what i don't get is why you keep making threads about this shit

this.

If you have functioning ears you'll know that a treated room makes sound from any speaker leagues different.

Don't fall for memes about cables/amplifiers/320kb vs flac, these are all drops in the water compared to the difference listening in a treated room makes.

Anyone with basic physics knowledge knows theres so much interferences from waves reflecting. Cutting early reflections with just a few sq ft of foam works wonders.

Hell, just play fucking constant sin waves of random frequencies and walk around the room, you'll hear all the fluttering and destructive interference really quick, then compare it to how a pure tone sounds on a headphone.

Of course youtube morons and memesters have no clue how to properly place their speakers and where to put foam, but at least they try.

>equating a nice, acoustically treated room for enjoyable listening/producing/mastering to a cheap filter to reduce popping sounds when recording.

You listen to music/movies/games constantly, cheap foam makes a big difference.

See:
>

I should note to get real foam, like auralex, not the generic amazon 1" foam, it actually does nothing.

I do agree pop filters on a fucking USB blue microphone are outrageously bad, get a real fucking mic before you worry about accessories to improve your recordings

>What is the appeal of this stale meme?

>using speakers

Echo suppression. Listen to the first 10-20 seconds of the video, then fast-forward to 7:24.
youtube.com/watch?v=WvYlRZ5_YjE

It dampens the noises of your dad hitting you so the neighbours won't ask questions.

>Soundproofing
maybe people like OP would respect the product more if they didn't market it wrong

When literally the entire audio recording industry disagrees with you about something related to audio recording, that's called you being wrong about that thing.

does not-

congratulations, you tried to prove your point, but posted a picture of something else entirely
critical miss

It looks cool as a background and it is technical

It's "supposed" to deaden natural reverb for optimal recording settings but most people don't use nearly enough of it to render an actual, noticeable difference that isn't placebo.
You're supposed to cover entire walls in it, but no. Most people just put like 3 on a wall and call it a day, which is bullshit.

You could just sing/host your podcast/record whatever in the closet, really. Proven to have the same effect.

see you can get it at (local home improvement store), get some trim boards and make rectangular frames, cover in accoustically transparent fabric if you want it to look good.
be wary you'll want it to be 2-3" thick MINIMUM or it ain't gonna do shit.

Lmao they are so fucking stupid for spending thousands of dollars on massively thick absorption and a trampoline floor when they could've just stuck up some meme foam

Kill yourself acoustic engineers

meme foam is not acoustic foam

Unless your room is full of birds or your hobbies are exclusively nails on chalkboard