Is scratch good to start with? who uses it?

is scratch good to start with? who uses it?

ok I'm quitting Sup Forums

Pretty sure some kind of wiki or forum exists for users of this application for discussion. Please refer to search engine of choice.

i'm just asking people with experience if it's good to start with

>is scratch good to start with?
Are inline skates a great introduction to vehicles? I want to be the crew on a manned interplanetary space flight.

> who uses it?
Parents and teachers that SOMEHOW think making kids use something retarded nobody really uses is required for them to learn better.

I never got that attitude.

I guess, in 10-20 years we'll probably have AI-assisted drag-and-drop IDEs anyway so there's really no point in learning how to program

> in 10-20 years we'll probably have AI-assisted drag-and-drop IDEs anyway
And this prediction is based on... what?

You do realize not even factory lines with repetitive tasks are generally automated (with rule engines) yet, and only a few use simple AI?

AI that can program are many years out and should arrive quite a bit after just about any other job is automated.

Why didn't anyone tell your parents there was no point in procreating?

What makes you think anyone here (note that this is an 18+ website) has experience with this whatever it is?

Scratch shill pls stop.

Only if you are under the age of 13

>yfw everyone on Sup Forums is under 13

I am 18 and I used to make games on Scratch when I was 8-9

Schlechter bait kollege

>And this prediction is based on... what?
By browsing /x/ I have gained partial ability to predict the future

oh fuck, he figures it out

Try sonething like The Games Factory or Visual Basic or even learning basic printf like functions.

>Visual Basic

what the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

I've never used scratch, but my first programing was in Baltie when I was in primary school. It seems similar and it really helped me, by introducing loops, ifs, variables etc.

I would literally rather kill myself than work with Scratch, what the fuck OP

You don't need Ai to have drag and drop interfaces... No need to wait 20 years either they already are well on their way. Programming itself will likely never be fully automated but bug fixing, performance improvment, ports ect will be. You will basically use something like whatever op posted and pass it through an Ai to make it usable.

>Parents and teachers that SOMEHOW think making kids use something retarded nobody really uses is required for them to learn better.
>I never got that attitude.
/thread

If you're an adult, use something adults use.

Fundamentals carry over. No need to rely on shit show.

Processing is Scratch for men.

Yes, if you're a toddler. Toddlers

If you're completely unfamilliar with the idea of loops, conditionals, variables and other basic constructs of computer programs, or are a literal child, Scratch could be useful. Then do a little bit of python to learn data structures. Then learn a real language(unless your goal is well suited to python.)

6GLs when

The problem is a class would be having kids twiddle their thumbs with this for months. You can get all the pedagogical value out of Scratch in a week or two as an absolute beginner who barely knows how to use a computer

Why don't you fuck off if you don't want to talk about programming?

What are you, 5?

Harvard uses this shit in their remedial cs class (CS50, it's on edx for free)

It's pathetically simple but "lol it's only for kids" is pushing it

what the fuck is this piece of shit?

that ui is fucking abhorrent.