AMD Radeon PRO WX Series

I've heard they are pretty good for Linux/GNU because they are made directly from AMD and well tested with drivers and Linux.
Can someone confirm and discuss about this?
What is all this professional / workstation cards VS gaming cards?

Workstation cards have a price premium because they are well optimised for professional uses. Consumer cards are cheap because they are made to be used in less complicated ways on AMD's side.

What's the hashrate?

What software are these compatible with?

wx5100 is a great card but if I had to buy one it would be the radeon pro duo, the dual polaris with the 32GB vram at 800$

>What software are these compatible with?
everything

>32gb VRAM
Jesus

nothing. everything requires cuda

>What is all this professional / workstation cards VS gaming cards?

I don't know but the card in your pic is sexy whereas most gaymer cards look fucking retarded and ugly like my pic.

Really pisses me off that the marketing team thinks this is what a person wants to stick in their PC, and I guess there are some faggots who think the design is "cool".

AMD makes some crazy pro cards but there is like 0 fucking support for them in the professional market. Everything and it's mother is CUDA based. I mean the pro duo as that one user mentioned is a $1500 card with 32GB of VRAM and monstrous performance. Meanwhile a 24GB Nvidia Quadro is $3k.

Why isn't AMD more popular? Is CUDA just that good?

You're the faggot here. I can tell that you're actually a rgb led gaymur faggot because your case has a window.

If one doesn't want to look at their components, one usually acquires a case with no windows and puts that case under their desk. That card looks ugly, for sure, but it is "cool". Having gone from a 5870 with a blower fan (like in OPs pic) that sounds like a hair dryer, to a 780 GTX with a design similar to your pic whose noise is low pitched and runs both cooler and quieter, I don't see what the problem is. The aestetics are crazy, but one is hard pressed to figure out what aerodynamic design works or doesn't by merely looking at it.

they have different strengths
compare a """gaming card""" with a workstation card like the Vega Frontier edition. You'll find a 1080 outperforms in gaming while the FE blows the 1080 out on project rendering.

tl;dr- You're a retard who can't do some simple google searching

If it was any good, these cards would be constantly sold out.

Could have some hidden algo superiority.
Vegas allways did 2000h/s on cryptonight but since newfags only know what ethereum is, they only recently got picked up

>they have different strengths
You didn't explain anything.
>tl;dr- You're a retard who can't do some simple google searching
I'm not that guy, but no you are the retard here. vega frontier and 64 is the same silicon, the difference is in drivers and firmware. frontier has a set of drivers that support full 10bit color and professional applications.

For nvidia the difference is both drivers and silicon, with pro cards having more cuda cores making them much better at AI than consumer cards.

>You didn't explain anything.
yeah, almost like I don't feel like I need to explain different memory types/cores and how that affects performance for different tasks to the non-retarded

>vega frontier and 64 is the same silicon
hmm, almost like I mentioned the vega and 1080, from different manufacturers with different memory types, cores, and BIOS configurations

>is CUDA just that good?
No (it's not bad, either, it's just the standard), but it's got penetration, which is what matters. You don't swap hardware on a research budget, and you don't convince bean-counters to step away from what they know works.

>everything
Serious question, because last time I had firepros they weren't compatible with anything, and they provided very little in the few programs that they wer compatible with (especially in x-fire pro).

Yea that makes sense. Still. Would be nice to see a single large company take a leap of faith on AMD's graphics division. It would potentially makes other companies take notice. Not to mention revive AMD's failing GPU division with some much needed money for R&D. Shit I'd be happy just to see flawless driver development.

Then again it's showing that many companies are already on board for EPYC and willing to leave Intel, so maybe a trend will follow.

Nice try to save face. Maybe learn something yourself before you call other people retards.

>hmm, almost like I mentioned the vega and 1080, from different manufacturers with different memory types, cores, and BIOS configurations
Yeah. And you picked this because you know jack shit, and it would be easy for you to compare oranges to apples instead for answering what makes the difference between a pro and consumer card.