Relocating to Quito, Ecuador from the UK in early October to be with my girlfriend (Ecuadorian)

Relocating to Quito, Ecuador from the UK in early October to be with my girlfriend (Ecuadorian).

Any advice/warnings/suggestions ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mesadeconversaciones.com.co/sites/default/files/24_08_2016acuerdofinalfinalfinal-1472094587.pdf
inassets1-internationsgmbh.netdna-ssl.com/static/bundles/internationsexpatinsider/pdf/expat_insider_2016_the_internations_survey.pdf
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Koppen_World_Map_Cfb_Cfc_Cwb_Cwc.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dont leave Europe for pussy

I'm not a massive fan of Europe, and worst comes to worst I come back single and having had a bit of an adventure

Don't.

If you are going to do it anyway, don't commit to anything serious for the 6 months or year. Once you get your feet wet, you can think about things like owning property.

Go to Ecuador
>Everyone looks sad
>Guayaquil is the most horrible and dirty city I've ever seen
>Impossible to breath with 35°C and 100% humidity
>Everything is dirty and smells
>Worst driving I've ever seen
>Cops are corrupt as fuck
>Listen to gunshots at night

Well, at least it's cheap. Also Quito's downtown is quite nice, but don't go to Guayaquil or anywhere else.

ps. Their economy is so bananas they don't even have a national currency

I have heard that about Guayquil, so yes staying in Quito. It has got a 'developing' feel about it, but i have lived in places like that before so its not a big deal.

I am not commiting to anything. Have a return flight booked for december to visit family so i can always not return.

And I actually found Ecuadorians to be quite friendly and chilled out which i liked. I am with an Ecuadorian which probably means i saw a different side of Quito to tourists

Do you have an Ecuatorian gf? I didn't find ecuatorian girls very attractive but I guess we all have our tastes.

I guess Quito is not so bad. But honestly I wouldn't live there even if they paid me for it. Why would you want to?

Get a British gf you fucking beta

LEL

This guy is pathetic

kysmm

I do yeah, i would consider her attractive but io do have a taste for non-british girls. I want to just to take a shot at making this relationship work to be honest. Plus, I am getting tired of the UK and Europe, and Ecuador has (in my opinion) nice people, cheap prices and nice weather (in Quito at least).

see above.

thanks for the feedback you fucking gringo.

I don't think you quite understand the meaning of what a gringo is

You'll be seen as one just as if I was to pathetically relocate to a shithole for pussy

tell me have you ever wanted someone to throw some specific insult at you

I'm all yours tell me how you want me to taunt you

None, Ecuador is pretty comfy and quito's weather is pretty similar to London but there are no seasons

I think he does

He said he's going to relocate in Quito, not Guayaquil and Quito is a cold weather city

>Ecuador
>'s weather is pretty similar to London

wat

2800m above sea level. Quito is not tropical mate

>British person calling an American a gringo

sacate la mochila pirata

sorry mate, really not going to take advice from a yank regarding the views of other cultures. i've been told gringo is used exclusivly for you guys.

"shithole" is rich coming from someone in the US

disagree wioth london comment, agree with seasons comment.

Isn't Ecuador full of blacks?

neat

Not knowing how to read i want advice and suggestions, your comment has kind of lost me to be honest

That's Congolombia

"congolombia", fucking hilarious

it rains a lot in Quito and it is overcast most of the time. Also the average temperature is like 13°C-14°C

Like 10% of the population (proportionally less than the US and they all live on the pacific coast not in highland cities)

Your country has 45 (13%) million blacks, colombia has 5mil (10%). Guess the joke's on you

Many cities in latin america have a cold weather.

What's your point? Your country has 30 million people and 3 million blacks, exact same proportion as Colombia, I don't see nothing wrong with that

Nice memes, I'm glad you incorporate that into real life

Fuck off m8

And are other Colombians mostly castizo?

Agreed. It's only a problem when you start killing them without reason and create an 'us v them' mentality

Yes. People think all colombians are black because our national footbal team has like 6-7 blacks. It's like think france is a black country just because teir national team is mainly blacks, but when you actually go there you realize they are a minority

oh shit... thinking*, their*

Colombia are making progress with the FARCs, any thoughts?

Same thing with Ecuador, Their national team is even blacker than ours, yet when you go to Ecuador you hardly see blacks on the street

But Pablo Santos Gaviria Escobar... your country have 5 millones of negros

and 50 million people

Here's the peace agreement, it's 297 pages but it is in spanish
mesadeconversaciones.com.co/sites/default/files/24_08_2016acuerdofinalfinalfinal-1472094587.pdf
i don't know time will tell, they're going to get 10 seats in congress and will try to spread their ideology the legal way

They surrendered to the FARC, gave them seats in the congress, and let some escape off to Cuba.

They're having something again in October too.

lel

inassets1-internationsgmbh.netdna-ssl.com/static/bundles/internationsexpatinsider/pdf/expat_insider_2016_the_internations_survey.pdf

Ecuador is rated quite highly for expats.
7th in Leisure
5th in Personal Happiness
22nd in Travel and Transport
21st in Health and Well Being
A mediocre 41 in Safety and Security, however.

The paper goes more in depth on Ecuador, but that's the gist.

>They're having something again in October too.
Yes, a plebiscite. The population is going to vote to see if they agree or reject the agreement they reached in Habana
>and let some escape off to Cuba
Not true. They were in Habana because that was the place where they were having talks with the governemnt. Chile, Norway and the US were overseeing the talks all the time

It's mestizo you fucking moron

I'll try take a look, but hopefully things go well. I know some people in the less affected major cities aren't happy with the farc guys getting relatively unpunished.

Read this too, gives me hope I'll have a good time there

Yes, curiously people living in cities are definitely not happy, but people living in rural areas affected by conflict are satisfied with the talks and often march on the streets promoting the "yes" vote

Yea, from what I have read the city people didn't suffer nearly as badly as rural people, so they aren't happy with what they see as a lenient peace settlement for the farc. Anyways, hopefully it all goes through

>quito's weather is pretty similar to London

kek ignorant fuck.

Ecuador is nice to settle down. The people is ok

cloudy rainy and cold although probably drier due to altitude. It's not that different

Still can't agree with weather being similar to London.

Yeah,I think I'll like the relatively slow pace of life there, but I'm sure it'll get frustrating at times

of course it is not the same, but both have oceanic climate
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Koppen_World_Map_Cfb_Cfc_Cwb_Cwc.png

I'll give you that one , I can see where you are coming from

Just stop .

Are ou getting a job in Ecuador?

Got one mate, financial analyst for a chocolate company based in mindo where I can work remotely from Quito

nice.

manicho? those are tasty

the altitude I'd say will be your only concern. the first weeks you might feel lightheaded but then the body gets used to it

Nah not manchino, a different one. Wouldn't help me with visa shit but I think I've got everything lined up to get a professionals visa within a few weeks of arriviing

I visited for 2 weeks in April and didn't notice any light headedness, was admittedly short of breath walking up the ridiculously steep roads though. But that'll just take getting used to