Are your colors configured properly, Sup Forums?

Are your colors configured properly, Sup Forums?

Do you see two shades or four shades in this image?

Other urls found in this thread:

displaymate.com/Surface_Pro_ShootOut_1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I see all 4 on my phone

Is this your racial ancestry?

If I could just interject for a moment, what you're referring to as color (black) is actually a lack of color.

Imagine looking at the OP image and immediately having black cock come to mind

That must be pretty sad for you.

But-ut-ut.. I'm blind, OP.

I only see 3. White, gray and then just black.
>tfw can't adjust colors on my machine

I configured colors by hand and eye, no software. I see 4 distinct colors.

t. Nvidia GPU or Intel GPU user

change color range to 0-255 (Nvidia/Intel defaults to 16-235 for some odd reason)

I have a 1060 and see four

can't see. monitor turned piss yellow after the sun went down.

...I'm...I'm actually on a Chromebook...
p-please stop laughing at me...

I'm color blind!

Enough excuses, NVidia user!

I can see all 4 actually.

t. intel iGPU

>go into nvidia control panel
>check color settings
>don't touch anything, literally just open that tab
>get face blasted by neon colors
>no way to fix it

WHAT THE FUCK

When are you going to tell them there are 16?

4 on my really old and cheap screen that is connected to pc with a vga cable

not on GNU/Linux

I see the four well enough to notice that the squares aren't of equal size because you fucked up when creating the black square on top of the karaka colored background

Paint.NET sees confirmed only 4 colors with a 0% tolerance magic wand test.

This. Another blind user here. I don't know what a color is, OP.

eye-flavor

Should I set my monitor to sRGB or not

>Nvidia/Intel defaults to 16-235 for some odd reason

It's a safe colour space when connecting to televisions that can't display the full range.
Connecting to an actual computer monitor shouldn't do this.

4 colors, driving a 34" 4K monitor (samsung) from a Dell XPS-13 laptop running CentOs 7

Yes, why not? For normal use (not movies, photos, games whatever) I use my monitor's low blue-light mode.

If I set 0-255 color range on a TV that can only display 16-235 color range, will I die?

it would be extremely colourful

4 Colours.
T440p 1080p IPS
Firefox 27 - Ubuntu

ibba onlee cee one kolor

Four colours. Using a 2009 laptop with Nvidia GPU.
FireFox 58 on Windows 7

How do you do this on a regular iGPU laptop?

you are a big screen

I don't see color

All 4 visible on my chinkphone.

I'm on an acer chromebook 14 and I can see 4 shades. Pretty good screen for such a cheap machine, I'm impressed

>Are your colors configured properly, Sup Forums?
Seems so, seeing 4 shades here.
I recall running some sort of calibration tool ages ago.

ThinkPad 25, calibrated with Spyder5, can see four shades.

I see three.

Well then you're wrong because I can clearly see them.

Cancer-tier iBook G4 TN panel here. Can perfectly see the four shades. This image proves nothing.

BRAAAAAAP

HUGH, I CAN'T EVEN

I use alternate current purifiers so my experimental 128 bit color 32k OLED monitor can show me perfect color representations, and this is the kind of shit you put in my face. I even bought a 40 thousand USD imagephile computer, so I can look at the best static uncompressed images. And you ask me if I see 4 shades? Fuck yes I can, because those differences are obvious and this post actually offends me. I like to look at 50 gigabyte images with two neighbouring shades of non-mainstream colors.

Yes, but squares are not working.

4 on my acer screen: white grey, extremely dark grey and black.

3 on my shitty tn panel
4 on my slightlu less shitty VA panel
and 4 on my Note 8

4 shades.

Oh, when i disable night mode ( on PC Botnet10), i only see 2

That's white dumbshit
Black is the mixture of all colors

>4 shades on very old Samsung LCD TV
Pretty glad I didn't sell this shit.

at first glance 3, only after staring a bit harder I noticed the bottom black one
this is how it looks for me

user...

I see 4.

t. GNU/Fedora user.

>screenshot of the picture will show monitor/gpu differences

holy shit, you are dumb

I'd like to take a moment to clarify, if I could. Black is not a color; a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes.

So then black is all the colors. I think you mean that white is not a color.

If you're in a pitch dark room, did the room suddenly change its color black? No. Your eyes aren't receiving any light. It's the same.

now my dual screen setup looks better. guess my new monitor had a misconfigured black level

criminally underrated

But black is still all the colours. Which shithole USA uni do you go to where they don't teach basic physics?

4 Senpai

vantablack ftw!!!

Four but I didn't calibrate my monitor.

Your wording is unusual.

In additive color models, such as RGB, white is the "additive" combination of all primary colored lights, while black is the absence of light. In the CMYK model, it is the opposite: white is the natural color of the paper or other background, while black results from a full combination of colored inks. To save cost on ink, and to produce deeper black tones, unsaturated and dark colors are produced by using black ink instead of the combination of cyan, magenta, and yellow.

if you combine red, green & blue lasers they make white light.
"normal color" (eg. paint, ink etc.) is just the objects property of absorbing certain wavelenghts of light, while scattering or passing others.

youre literally retarded, or baiting.

So? You think Im a jooz else no.

>muh chinkpad
LEARN to read please thanks

> black is all the colours

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Looks fine to me

theres 4 shades but what triggers my autism is that it doesnt meet neaqtly in the center bu theres like 10 pixels off on the right side

i see 4 but that is because i use state of the art monitor at my job and im somehow browsing 4chin at my job because IT is too dumb to block it

>this is how it looks for me

i'm using a surface pro, does this apply? where can i change this in windows 10. i discovered my display was only at 48hz for some reason and changed it, but i don't see anything but 32-bit color availible

>colours
>grayscale

user..

forget it i can easily see all 4 them i'm dumb and didn't have the image at full size

The better a display, the smaller that image can be while still clearly contrasting all 4. You have a shit display, sorry.

k

displaymate.com/Surface_Pro_ShootOut_1.htm

Color Gamut and Absolute Color Accuracy

The Surface Pro 3 also has the most accurate on-screen colors of any Tablet or Smartphone display that we have ever measured for the sRGB/Rec.709 Standard that is used in virtually all current consumer content for digital cameras, HDTVs, the internet, and computers, including photos, videos, and movies. Its Color Gamut is 97 percent, very close to the Standard Gamut as shown in this Figure. The Absolute Color Accuracy for the Surface Pro 3 is an Excellent 2.1 JNCD, the most color accurate display that we have ever measured for a Tablet or Smartphone. See this Figure for an explanation and visual definition of JNCD and the Color Accuracy Figures showing the measured Color Errors. See the Color Accuracy section, the Color Gamut Figure, and the Color Accuracy Figures for measurements and details.

If I see 4 in the thumbnail, but only 3 in the image what does it mean? dell 2407wpf and nvidia 6xx

This is using the wrong definition of colour. Colour is defined by human perception. If we can perceive objects as black, white, or grey, they must be colours.

>this is how it looks for me

4 on my shitty phone, 16 on my computer