Admit it, you're going to buy it

Admit it, you're going to buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qz2Sx_KSPgA
youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice try but I'm poor

Admit it, ```V''' ```R''' is gay and unfinished as FUCK

I know a few people who bought first gen VR headsets but none who played with them for more than a few hours.

nope until full dive is implemented. im not touching VR

Why?

Full dive? What is that?

Nope, fuck that. Even if it was a nervgear-tier experience I'd wait until the first adopters work out the kinks.

Waiting until it comes bundled with Lighthouse 2.0 and Knuckles controllers. No point in buying it right now if you're just going to have to upgrade half the equipment in in 6 months.

Basically SAO. Full dive as in full experience.
Ex. Taste, Touch/Feeling, Weight, Sight, Smelling.

Don't forget lag, glitches, clipping, lack of inertia/too much inertia, missing geometry/textures and a fucklot of other issues that need to be solved before implementing even half of that.

I already own the Vive and I'll probably buy the Vive Pro as well. Better resolution, less screen door effect, and better comfort. Fuck yeah. Pretty much anyone that shits on VR online has never tried it, or thinks it is just like those cheap VR goggles for your smartphones. Big games being released for the Vive like Fallout 4, Payday 2, Skyrim, Doom, etc, has me really excited for 2018.

Sorry to break this to you, m8, but you're not going to see neural I/O in your lifetime. Stop having delusions about anime sci-fi technology. A high resolution screen strapped to your face is the best you're going to get. 20 years from now they're not going to be interfacing with your brain, they're just going to be lighter and even higher resolution.

I would if there was anything worth buying it for.

>I refuse to upgrade my CPU until a 10 GHz model exists and is affordable
>also its 1980 and tech companies barely exist

Q6600 exists, and can reach that 10 GHz (2.5 GHz x 4) easily with stock cooler. Costs less than a case of beer.

you

Custom Maid 2 has VR patch.

>implying we won't see them in 20 years

I was just about to buy an oculus rift when this was announced, glad I waited.

Although the mixed reality headsets are on sale for like $200 at the moment, really temped to buy one in the interim.

damn straight

Nah, this isn't Vive 2, this is like Vive 1.3 at best. Still waiting for eliminated screen door effect and foveated rendering.

If my Pimax 8K turns out to be shit then I will jump on one most likely.

This

Make it 200 bucks and I'll buy it at once, otherwise I'll keep waiting.

it's for vidya soyboys, i'd rather spend the day tweaking my distro gui.

Lol, I wish. When was this crap made?

>SAO
its called a brain-computer interface

the only VR I'm going to buy is the one that plugs into my brainstem. your 3 polygon model shitchat goggles are not interesting.

it's pretty spot-on with some things
>self driving vehicles 2019
>virtual currencies 2018

Enjoy your screen door effect. Goovis Cinego G2 ships next month.

Pimax has a screen door effect.
youtube.com/watch?v=qz2Sx_KSPgA 4:00

Not comparable. Cinego G2 is not a VR device.

I wouldnt even be able to use it even if i wanted to with these gpu prices

High GPU prices is a meme. The 1060 which is the best bang for buck with VR anyway is the same price now as it was 6 months ago

can the 1060 handle vr at high res and high fps though? theres no point otherwise

It is VR capable meaning it can handle all VR games at full FPS at intended resolutions.

Correct.

this, pimax 8k is like the minimum when it comes to real vr, it still has the screen door effect but it's not that visible, anything below the pimax 8k is completely useless
we need more 4k and 4k+ vr headsets

No because I'm too poor and my room is too small so fuck off

PIMAX 8K is 1440p upscaled to 4K though, not 8K

so he had the "poor" version, there is also a 8K X version with real 4k

maybe, want to see if there are better alternatives coming out first.

All VR is too expensive right now. They're too busy trying to milk early adopters for money that they're shooting themselves in the foot by pricing at a point mass adoption will never occur. Dumb fucks.

>no eye tracking

I don't think so

Nah. VR's not quite there yet. It's pretty close. I'll wait 1-2 more years for it to mature.

This is the biggest showstopper for me. Proper hand/finger controllers being actually fucking released is on the list too, but that'll be out pretty soon unlike eyetracking.

thanks but i'll stick with my cv1 until at least 4k per eye and foveated rendering.

in years and years from now, absolutely. for now, my pc barely handles VR as it is, and DK2 is enough for various sims i play. if i'd spend $2000 for pc upgrades + next $500(?) for vr upgrade in one go, i'd probably despise myself for lack of self-control

I borrowed my mates vive for a few weeks and loved it but I'll wait until better resolution before I buy my own. How much of an improvement will the vive pro be?

I will buy it when valve fulfills their promise of 3 AAA VR titles and cheaper headsets

1440x1600 compared to 1080x1200 in rift/vive/whatnot. considering that, as you said, resolution is a huge bottleneck here (can't read small fonts in Elite or whatnot), it should make a proper difference.

i enjoy my rift even with low resolution. it's like playing vidya in 800x600 in geforce 2 mx times, beginning of new era, first steps towards great improvement.

day one baby, just waiting till it drops

>first gen VR headsets
Do they still have the 486DX and a copy of System Shock 1 to use it?

wait for the pimax 8k to go into mass production.

then wait for pc capable of handling it

You don't need to render at 8k, the important thing about an 8k screen is the lack of screen door effect.
Maybe it's less than ideal to render and upscale at 1080p or 4k, but mitigating screen door is much more important

What's the benefit of build in headphones?

I think I rather use my own headphones or in-ears.
Shit will wear out over time.

Poorfags will use their own headphones and complain that it isn't comfy, because they buy cheap chink garbage

And aren't those cheap chink garbage?

I plan on it. I'm glad they announced pro announcement just when I was about to buy a new pc with vr.

How? I am a poorfag plus send half of my salary to my family in a third world shithole.

Only if GPU prices drop back to MSRP prices.

>send half of my salary to my family in a third world shithole

why tho

without eye-tracking and 8k resolution, the vive is useless shit
the eye-tracking solves the problem of needing a beastly PC to drive it, as you just render in the current FOV

>current vive owner

They helped me to get here in the first place

Family first, old mexican culture.

I wonder what controls a user would have from having their consciousness enslaved by the vendor if such a thing were ever implemented

Well we are not far away from 200Tb HDDs, its only 24TB, we currently are at 14TB.
But we are really far far away from 100GB RAM as standard thanks to jews.

its very unlikely that it works on my GNU/Linux computers so i have no reason to waste money on it.

What would you even do with 100gb of ram?

>the eye-tracking solves the problem of needing a beastly PC to drive it, as you just render in the current FOV

You would still need a considerable FOV:

60 degrees per eye for the stereoscopic effect (needs full resolution)
And up to about 120 degrees per eye for peripheral vision (although you could probably render that at a lower quality)

It's called not being evil

Use Electron framework based applications.

That shit predicted virtual currencies for 2018. Dayum.

We actually aren't. Or rather because it's due to artificial forces, all that's required is for those forces to change.

Ive worked on a handful of systems with half terabyte of ram. There is a need.

I have a vive, haven't used it in a year.
The blue doesn't address any of my concerns with it, but if you don't already have one and want one, you'd be an idiot to buy the original.

Nigga it's not released for 6 months

That's all shit they had back then. Fuck, pico projectors where around in 2008. It's all just bullshit

We really need more like 16K at some point if possible because it's right up against your eyes but what kind of pixels those are. what they look like, is the most important thing. I wish these manufacturers would do something where the pixels would blur together rather than allowing you to see between them.

get dubs if you're gay

The real Pimax 8k uses something like 16x the computational power needed to run a HTC vive, and even the manufacturers aren't able to get it running smoothly on anything. It's being sold as "Well maybe one day we'll have GPU's good enough that if you plug two in, this'll work okay"
Putting something blurry over the screen would just cause more problems than it'd fix, the resolution's so low that our eyes need SOMETHING to focus on, this'd take that away. Best approach is to reduce the space between the pixels, which samsung did.

Going to wait a few years

>you must be 18 or over to use this website
>still playing video games.
fuck off Sup Forumstard

>But we are really far far away from 100GB RAM
Intel want to merge RAM and SSD with their optane.

You can use Ora GQ as the headphones or ORA-X or OSSIC-X.
>replicate some food with the replicator you go off Kickstarter
>beam to work with the transporter you got off Indiegogo
>still waiting for your warp drive to ship

Are you insane? There is absolutely no doubt about it at this stage, full dive will involve permitting advertising megacorporations to pillage your brain (and then having the government collect that information from them for """national security"""). I hope it turns out to be absolutely utterly impossible.

Nope, that resolution bumb isn't enough for me to consider it. Also there is still a screen-door effect apparently.

If I ever going to buy a vive, it's gonna be the one 2-3 generations from now.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs
>not investing and becoming a Job Monkey to get points

RAMDISK everything.

chmod 777 my_ass