Out of storage, should I just go for the 12 TB hard drives...

Out of storage, should I just go for the 12 TB hard drives? I don't care about muh reliablility since you can backup with warentty.
Is it possible to also clone my 250 GiB SSD to another larger one without any problems? It contains my programs and OS and other things

Other urls found in this thread:

clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live.php.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

楼主,你考虑过早点来几个汰渍洗衣球吗?

switch to a filesystem which can compress your files like btrfs

>compressing already compressed files like video media
u r brane genious

Buying a 12TB drive plus at least one 12TB backup drive sounds expensive.

Yeah I got over 10k to spend

哩咧公蝦小跨謀

Afaik, 8TB drives have best volume to price ratio.

1. You can just remove the cartoons you've already watched
2. i think itd be easier to just clone the partitions

Prune stuff.
Whittle away at deleting things until you have a well curated library of media that has no extra fluff, completely suited for you, THEN worry about getting a 12TB drive.
I went from 3.8/4TB usage to 1.3TB/4TB usage. Every piece of content on my drive is now something I really care about.

广东话我看不懂

reminder this is an ENGLISH imageboard

You would probably find lower size TB to be more efficient TB/cost wise.

Instead of going 1 x 12 TB, maybe 2 x 8 TB would be cheaper.

You should educate yourself before calling others dumb, newfriend. You can group several compressed files together, and compress them more, since taken together they will have more redundant values in the whole (which individual files didn't have anymore). It has a name and a Wikipedia page, but I don't remember it. Idiot.

Very cute windows, user.
Post your programming socks.

Pls gibe theme, I can't find it anywhere

How lewd is your Lewd Content folder?

personally i would go for 2 smaller drives, set them up in raid if you have the money to spare. Also if money is not an issue you could hook up a freeNAS system directly to your router which would make you flexible for further upgrades.

For cloning there are a couple of tools that would be helpful. The tool you're looking for is called clonezilla. clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live.php. Uset that to clone your disk and then expand the filesystem with i.e. gparted.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWT!

WHERE CAN I GET A PIECE OF THAT?

why do you do that to yourself

Unf.
Do you have a big benis?

NTFS has file compression too. On Windows 10, you can opt to use the LZX compression algorithm to compress files now – which was previously only available for cabinet archives – that should be more efficient (although slower than LZO or Zstd on Linux).
compact /C /S /EXE:LZX {directory}
Of course, that's not applicable to OP running Win7 and anyone else who just has volumes full of compressed media files instead of programs and uncompressed data (e.g. video games).

very

post your discord

Very nice.

post a link of where you got that

also try a 12tb if oyu have the money

i believe if you use something like carbon copy or arconis data migration you can move the drive without any issues, its shouldn't break anything oyu might need to rename the drive path though it should do it automatically..

try making an image of your computer, can migrating it on a test hdd before you make a permanent change to see if that would work

Its a picture of me, no links because its on my computer

i mean where to buy the outfit cutie

also send me your discord pls

I got it from a random japanese website that sells the clothes, I don't have the link anymore but there's other websites that has the same one if you try look around.

Post bulge.

>discord
This is a free software board. Jews

Are you on the /traps/ server?

i'd do you, fag

smooth skin

I only use discord for cryptocurrency to talk to the developers

Shame, there's a nice Discord server for traps and trap lovers.

what do people do there on the server

chat, talk, hook up, have fun.

Post cute trap images, self-post in trappy clothes, RP, game, troll, etc. Our traps are pretty cute and they tend to be pretty friendly.

It has been dead the past couple months though, mainly the last month or so, but the holidays have been intense.

>and drama

Post link?

this.

post more pics of you

soy overdose

:O
omg

Don't you feel ashamed being such a whore

Just trying to have some fun

>those birthing hips, small frame so soy, even BPA endocrine disruption tier, even probably klinefelter syndrome, muh chromosomes...

DamnSon.wav, start doing HRT for the sake of chasers.

>shamelessly being this much verbal top

What drugs do you take for HRT? Do you take them too?

No. I'm just surprised someone is willingly to post their pics for really no gain but some small attention. At least don't whore yourself out so easily

>surprised
Not OP, but, are are you this new to internet? lul

quality thread

imagine your identity being anime

Build a NAS then.

owo what's this

WD Red 10 TB are the quietest drives right now, yet still quite fast because of the high data density.
Go for 10 TB if you care about noise.

If I cared about noise wouldn't it be better to go for SSD? The 12 TB hard drives looks nice and beefy. Don't all the hard drives make the same noise with their spinning and stuff right?

>Don't all the hard drives make the same noise with their spinning and stuff right?

mmm would of liked to see a test on the 12 TB hard drives

All WD Red helium-filled drives should be quiet
(8+ TB)
Manufacturers generally don't lie with noise specs, so just check out the official websites

How much do those helium filled ones cost?
What does the helium do btw seems new to me

>What does the helium do btw seems new to me
Helium lowers the friction compared to air
= less energy required to spin the disks = less heat = less noise = less power
Also allows for higher density. I don't think there are any 10+ TB drives without helium

How are the 10TB hitachi helium drives?

老司機?
應該是閩南語
fuck tourself

>there's a noticeable difference between almost 20 db and almost 40 db

40 dB is 100x louder than 20 dB.