Why arent there Quadro aftermarket cards...

Why arent there Quadro aftermarket cards, its a card thats supposed to handle heavy tasks but it still uses the standard "that will do" cooler

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7iywzu/titan_v_is_a_doubleprecision_monster/dr62ymy/
cnet.com/products/nvidia-quadro-k620-graphics-card-quadro-k620-2-gb/prices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reference design looks cool

im talking more about thermals than the overall look, but yes the quadro design does look good

because this shit gos into actual workstations used by professionals who would never spend more than 2 seconds actually giving a fuck what it looks like or what temperature it is

its a tool, it gets the job done and the intended user wouldn't give a fuck about it until it stops working, and then they just RMA it and put a spare in.

this is the only correct answer

They're not trying to sell to gamers, why would they need some big ridiculous cooler? Temps don't matter so long as they stay within the target operating range, which the reference blower is perfectly capable of. They also have the benefit of exhausting their own heat, unlike AIB open cooler cards.

nVidia gives direct support to Quadro, nVidia needs Quadro begins high quality over muh overclock.

then why the fuck dont Nvidia make a different cooler for it, if you are paying such a premium for a GPU it might aswell come with liquid or atleast have the option for one(ex: The Vega FE had options for liquid and air)

see

This may come as a surprise to you but the reference design cooler is perfectly capable of keeping the card inside temperature limits, there's nothing to gain from offering better cooling

The workstations that these cards often go into may not have room for AIOs (or oversized non-reference cards, for that matter).

I fuckin love the aesthetics of the think station line. I never knew it went high end
toolless is beautiful

Is there any difference between a GTX and Quadro card now days other than the driver crippling certain workstation oriented functions in a GeForce?

the price

No, there are basically none. Quadro cards are a rip-off in every aspect. They know that the target audience can pay more, so they want to exploit that. It's worse hardware for more money.

Quadros come in many variants, user. They aren't all high-end.

I use GPUDirect for a bunch of worktasks, which is crippled / unsupported on GeForce cards.

muh branding muh aesthetic

ECC memory, no gaming optimization but CAD/CAM optimization,10bits support better support color LUT, direct support.

Blower style cooling is important for a lot of environments with server racks. Noise isn't important when you can't even hear the card over the AC.

they are high-end prices

The terms and conditions allow the the usage of the cards for things that are not legally permitted with the more efficient and powerful consumer grade GPUs.

Thanks nvidia

You forgot about licensed firmware that allows the GPUs to be utilized with professional applications/drivers and enterprise-tier support.

Customer-tier hardware is just cheaper.

They are slower and less efficient. Professional shit require accuracy not brute force or speed.

Given that PNY handles the warranty service and is the contracted AIB, I am skeptical about reliability and warranty servicing. They seem to be pure niggers when it comes to warranty support and look for any excuse to invalidate it.

I'm pretty sure my Quadro K620 isn't considered "high-end price".

Name them... I'm curious.
Only the highest end Quadro has ECC. Yes Nvidia niggers even in the Quadro line and the lower end quadros don't have GPU direct. Essentially Nvidia seems to design their products around artificial segmentation and max rape as opposed to making a sound product. Hilariously, the slight differences are probably nickle/dime asics and just firmware/software disables.

>Name them... I'm curious.
Anything involving RDMA. If you want a concrete example, speeding up machine learning training by pushing data directly from disk into GPUs.

>"that will do"
excactly. the cooler is literally good enough

Quadro cards often have more connectors and the GPUs are (probably) cherry-picked ones with the highest ASIC quality
The GPUs itself are the same ones used on regular graphics cards

Quadro is deprecated, everything is now on Titan Xp/Titan V.

blower coolers are better for workstations because they exhaust all the heat outside, unlike the larger, better coolers on gaymen cards that spread the exhausted heat in the case

the people who buy them often don't care about loudness too

Disk to GPU? Can't this be achieve using proper cudamalloc and mapping? I thought RDMA was if you want to share Data over the network w/o involving the CPU..
This all fell apart when I learned PNY is the only AIB who produces them and are absolute niggers about support/warranty. Figures that a company w/ a cashcow are a bunch of lazy ass clowns.
Titan XP doesn't have ECC or GPU-direct or any of the quadro features does it? Does the Titan V even have ECC, I feel Nvidia would be extra niggerish and disable it even though its native to HBM2 and people paid $3k for it simply because its a 'workstation' and not a professiona card.

Confirmed disabled on V.
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7iywzu/titan_v_is_a_doubleprecision_monster/dr62ymy/

You're talking about the enterprise support conditions, and not the completely different consumer market ones, right?

>reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7iywzu/titan_v_is_a_doubleprecision_monster/dr62ymy/
> Device has ECC support: Disabled
LMFAO, you can't make this up. God can they get more niggerish.... LOL
ECC is literally fucking native to HBM2. You have to go out of your way to disable it and the card costs three thousand fucking dollars..

TOP FUCKIN KEK
> Doubles the price of the fucking card
> HBM2 has native ECC support
> Disables it
$3,000 please you dumb niggers

I'm talking about them as a company in general.
Their consumer GPUs are absolutely niggered as are their warranty. Their pro GPU support/warranty service is shit tier as well I hear. They do everything in their power to avoid warranty support/servicing I heard. No way in fuck i'm paying a premium for a supposed 'pro' card that has shittier warranty conditions than an EVGA consumer card.

>Quadro K620
cnet.com/products/nvidia-quadro-k620-graphics-card-quadro-k620-2-gb/prices/

>$160
kek

because aftermarket coolers are a meme