/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES
>Mobile World Congress 2018 starts February 26th

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From the thumbnail, I thought she was holding a dildo.

Other than an iphone, what is the best phone purely for social status reasons? Just got a nice payday.

Still looking for a good FOSS keyboard, anysoft is close but feels off to type. Having the swipe to switch to special characters is annoying. Also, any keyboard with pinyin support?

>Samsung
Their flagships are recongizable
>Pixel 2
Google marketing ever since the Nexus 5X and 6P have made them more relevant in the market.

Latest Samsung flagship

Stuck on an lg g2 due to companies removing headphone port and making screens into tablets. I feel like I'm encased in amber there's no light at the end of the tunnel lads. Its all down hill.

Xperia compact series.
Small screen, great battery, and headphone jack.

Also expandable storage and at least 2 major Android upgrades with the XZ1 Compact.

get lost pedo weebs

I need a phone without giant screen, front fingerprint reader and that inst from some obscure chink brand, any recommendations?

Kirino > Kusoneko

>pedo
what?

Why do prefer front facing finger print readers? I always found the back and the side to be the easiest

Just got the Pixel and my only thought is why I didn't buy this sooner.

When it is on my table I have to pick up the phone to unlock which sucks, I also want to try new things to be honest, my old rn3p has fingerprint on the back already.

Because you hate yourself, user.

I downloaded this app called ACDisplay that can apparently replace my stock lockscreen. However, when I wake my phone, my stock lockscreen still shows, followed by my ACDisplay lockscreen. Any idea why?

XZ1 Compact is about to reach its first offical, unofficial build.

Moto g5 plus

>muh small screen

Only manlets or plebs who can't afford a modern device say this.

Anyone got a link to a gray Xiami mi 5s?? preferably global. Why are these gotdamn phones so hard to find. I'm convinces they never launched them.

Jesus fucking Christ I'm ready to give up on Android after just a few days. WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD TO FIND AN APP THAT CAN REPLACE MY STOCK LOCKSCREEN. I've tried three different apps that promise that it will replace my stock screen, and yet it always shows up first. This is so fucking infuriating I want to cry

>Oneplus 5T is on the way.

Alright, so this is my second android device ever, and the first was such a cheap piece of shit that I don't even want to bring it up further. What are the must have apps and measures for a 'modern' phone? Lucky Patcher is about as risky as I got.

My dude I've used 5.5 " phones begore. Lg g2 sized phones are just literally perfect ergonomically. 5to5.2pinches is the comfiest size ever. Unfortunately hard gaiii Normies like you are ruining the market cuz for some fucking reason you need to watch Netflix and surf facebook on your 6" phone.

O M G !
acdisplay works just fine if you know how to set it up

Prefer 4.5-5.5 inch phone, makes it easy to handle with one hand.

So this shows my "Wakeup Triggers".

Is this normal activity? My phone has been (only lately) not even reaching 3hrs SOT.

What's my next move?

Does android not come with an audio recorder by default? I could've sworn that I used to have something like that, but now I can't find it on the phone.

Can someone tell me if omnirom is similar in terms of privacy to lineageOS? I like the extra privacy guard in lineageOs. Looking at the x compact currently and while it doesn't have an official LOS build it has one for omnirom.

I tried that, and I couldn't find a setting to do it. FWIW, I'm using a Redmi Note 4. IDK maybe I can't do it with the MIUI system...

>Not even 3hrs screen on time
If you can't change the battery, might want to get a new phone.
It's been a while since I had a phone come with an audio recorder.

I've been using my HTC One X for the past 3 years and it's even older than that (I got it after my brother bought a new phone) and it's about 4-5 years old. My issues are the touchscreen being half broken and starting from last week it has problems reading my SIM card. Now I'm looking for something else to upgrade but I have no clue about what to buy. I was looking at P8 lite/P10 lite but there isn't any custom rom for that.. What else is there to buy?

I've been eyeballing the Mi A1, since it looks to be the cheapest Android One phone outside of Jap/Turk imports, but from what I've read it might not have most of the bands supported in the US.

Either that or Moto X4.

>pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

Best place to buy chinkphone for UK resident?

OnePlus 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or Note 8?

>from the designer of termite-enticing APOLLO 1 smartphone comes the 2.0 and it’s every bit as woody as the first! Like the original, it marries natural materials with modern tech, only this time it looks to be twice as thin. Instead of a dark ash, APOLLO version 2.0 is clad in a super-sleek black ebony that contrasts nicely with Tron-style aqua details. Its body sports the same circular bottom half that makes it rest comfortably in the palms and allows for the rotary menu to quickly navigate apps and settings. The blue’s a nice touch, but I’m kinda missing the silver detail of the original.

thoughts?

What is the quickest method that will let me transfer recently taken pictures on my Android phone to my Windows 10 PC?

Normally I have to upload them to imgur, and save it on my PC.

t.normie

I'm not in the US actually. I totally forgot I had to check for bands with chinese phones. Are chinese phones the only phones worth a buy right now? I've been waiting years for something with good performance/price to come out but I've yet to see anything from non-chink brands

Google Photos.

any direct ftp method that can work?

like can I have a folder on my phone that automatically uploads to like a NAS?

like Google Drive, and Dropbox do this, but I'm wanting to not use any applications. Does basic Android OS allow this?

link to more info on this?

Now that is edgy good god.
At least it's something a bit different than the generic glass ingot design

How did you buy your smartphone Sup Forums?
Was it
>on a contract
>full price, from manufacturer or retailer
>prepaid shitphone
>"""other"""

thanks for suggestion guys
my xiaomi mi a1 just arrived yesterday and i'm happy so far
what are some cool and useful apps to try? i've dl sd maid so far
also how can i get rid of duplicate contacts, i couldn't figured out yet, do i really need to use some sort of app to do that for me? (i've tried to delete them manually but they sync and appear everytime)

So, does /spg/ now have an official incest fetish?

Well like I said, it's only been doing that lately. I'm talking last few days. I used to get 3.5-4 easy.

What's the closest thing out there to a phone that respects my privacy? Blackberry without Google apps?

I have a thicc power bottom fetish.

A dumbphone

Not having a phone at all. But I guess you've heard for Purism and their phone coming out. You can get some phones used by the FSF with the Replicant OS. but these phones are incredibly old.

If anyone want's an iPhone X 256gb unlocked there's a seller on ebay for $999 right now. They rarely show up under 1,100

Canada/Telus

Looking to replace my iphone 5. I can get the essential phone for $460 or the 5t for $660. Is the 5t worth the $200? I really only use my phone for texting, web browsing, and other lightweight apps.

>I really only use my phone for texting, web browsing, and other lightweight apps.
In reality you don't even need a 460 dollar phone for that. But get the essential phone if you don't mind the lack of a headphone jack.

You can do all that with a Motorola and have the ease of stock android

Is $550 for the XZ Pre a waste?

I'd wait for the mobile conference to see Sony's new flagship phones

It's 2018 don't buy any phone from last year for anything over 65% of its release price.

S7 edge is the best bang for your Buck 3600mah battery cheaper waterproof and lineage is support. Note 8 would be aight but lineage is gonna take a minute and its a bit pricey. One plus is great charging wise but has not water proof and the stock software is sketchy at best. It does have lineage support though. Another words get the s7 edge

Can Edge be rooted to have whatever bloatware removed? I see a really nice Sprint one that's a decent price and assume it comes with some sort of catch.

OnePlus 5t or Moto G5 plus

I purchased a refurbished sony phone and when checking the drm keys it states "HUK: generic error!". Does it mean I got cheated by the merchant since the phone was supposed to be like new?

>mido is the only phone in lineageOS' top 10 that's released somewhat recently
What?

Top 10 statistics I should've said. But what the fuck? Was the phone really that good for custom roms or was miui so bad everyone wanted off it?

$600 6" vs $250 5.2"?

5.7" 18:9 Motos are likely being announced next month, and if you really want one now I'd get the Moto X4 for $350; better camera and amoled display but same size as the G5 Plus. Amoled makes a huge difference on the Motorola. I'm thinking the Moto G6 will have a better battery and be around $300 but nobody knows yet.

Texting app?

I just ordered the mi mix 1 over the mix2 - did i just fuck up? Should i cancel the order? I got too obsessive over the bezel and screen size..

I use Wifi File Transfer Pro. It's pretty easy to use. Opens a port of your choice on your phone's default gateway and hosts a simple file manager, which you can you navigate from your PC if you are on the same network.

It's a good phone.
>The most sold phone in the poo in loo country
so you know there's bound to be a shit ton of custom roms mostly based on Los.

Wasn't it a pain in the butt to unlock? And from what I see it has this flash issue since xiaomi like the retards they are put two very differently colored led lights and it fucks the flashlight up on custom roms very bad. Not the biggest issue but still very annoying to have.

Silence

Also, according to the rooting guide of XDA rooting this phone will stop the sony camera app to lose function. Will Lineage solve this problem with their own camera?
Can't wait
All they need to get working if NFC, not sure what media scanning is

>have to convince retarded friends to use the same app for its main draw to work
nah

Any chance of getting something like an otterbox case for the Honor 7X?

Pretty soon i will have my xiaomi mi a1

This is my first smartphone, any good learning sources? Should i root? What should i do? What do i avoid? Are applications the devil? Do i avoid google?

anyone that can help? ;__;

If you want to avoid google you install a ROM onto your device and remove all GApps. Use InstallGentoo wiki to find recommended applications

acdisplay worked fine on my note 4, and that was before I rooted. You're just doing something wrong

Yep, the DRM keys are lost

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

Is there a reasonable FOSS Alternative to Nova launcher?

and you're sure you were able to supress the stock lock screen? If you are sure, I'll re-download ACDisplay again

If I wanted to use Google Music without GApp serveries, can microG suffice?

It depends look it up. Be careful based on your carrier you may not be able to install lineage. As rooting again look it up. The exynoes var was more friendly to modding last I checked

Yeah, I even had a kwgt widget on it

Is nokia 6 worth it to buy? If not - please suggest in the same price.

why do we attract the worst crowds spg? I just want to discuss phones not be some retarded esl's tech support that cant even do research.

>XZ1 Compact
>71% Charge
>Estimated five days of battery life
Feels good

I really prefer the image in

That was a good Krino

stop posting this cunt.

closest thing to a pixel 2/xl with a headphone jack?

i want these anime posters to leave. literal autism

>Chinese basket weaving forum

As if you can do anything about us

dont worry i cant, im not some elite hacker or anything. feel free to shit post your weeb shows

Did I get a good deal for this LG V10? Bought some earphones to get the best out of the sound.

enjoy high chance of bootloops

How high of a chance?