>"try linux"

>no linux is too hard to work with
it's 2018, switch already

Other urls found in this thread:

zorinos.com/download/12/lite/64/
youtube.com/watch?v=FNuotRFDH7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

loonix requires me to understand compooter

>tfw im too lazy to install any linux distro on my laptop, because it's on warranty and I dont want to void it, so if I've any problem with software is covered.

I may have raped english grammar.

>try mac, or hackintosh

no i fall for old memes

>man i hate not playing most games
its 2018, switch to windows already

whats the best linux distro for newbs?

linux mint

>be windows 10 frogposter
ftfy

Ubuntu. It's the most widespread and documented distro for the common person.

>GAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEMZZ!!!!

PClinuxOS, noobuntu, mint, debian, devuan.

although i'd recommend you to stay off systemd so check off noobuntu,mint and debian

I don't play games, use mostly free software, and refuse to use Linux because it's utter shit.

What's shit about it?
it doesnt take much from the resources, boots fast and just werks

What are using then ?

unironically Arch Linux

once you have it set up with an AUR helper, package management is a breeze

setting it up is easy as well, as long as your hardware is well supported by Linux (most modern hardware is)

Go back to Sup Forums you retarded faggot

Nigger shut the fuck up

at least if you want a /LE MINIMALIST HAX0R DISTRO/ go alpine because it's actually fucking minimalist and much easier to set up

>he thinks installing gnu plus Linux voids his warranty
>he uses the excuse of being too lazy
>in reality he has never bothered to try

I'm a windows user and even I think you're a fag

This is all assuming you're coming from a windows background:
ZorinOS Lite is your safest bet.
zorinos.com/download/12/lite/64/
Alternatively, Kubuntu or Xubuntu.
All 3 are based on Ubuntu which is the most popular newbie distro and lots of software will be available to you.
The first thing to do if you opt for Xfce is this youtube.com/watch?v=FNuotRFDH7c , might be different for nVidia users.
Other useful software might be Synaptic (for a gui searching for packages), KolourPaint (for quick edits, excellent Paint alternative but better in every way), KDE Connect, Audacious or Clementine (best music players), MPV or MPC-Qt (best video players). If you dislike LibreOffice then try OnlyOffice and WPS. Both look similar to MSOffice.
Xfce looks ugly by default (outside of ZorinOS and ChaletOS) so make sure you theme it. KDE looks like utter shit too, so do the same if you use it.
Learn to use PlayOnLinux since it's a really good and easy to use windows software launcher and installer. Make sure you add the latest 32bit and 64bit 3.0 WINE versions to it under "manage wine versions". Try not to depend on it too much, native software is the way to go.

Avoid GNOME and GNOME based DEs (MATE, Cinnamon, Pantheon, Unity). They're very user unfriendly if you want to do some simple tasks you'd expect a DE to do. KDE and Xfce are better in every way, and lighter on resources.
Avoid anything that isn't based on debian.

>>"try linux"
fucking hell, modern linux is high memory usage. use bsd instead.

Arch Linux, all others are memes.

>be windows user
>everything works
>don't have anything
>love everything
why would i switch?

arch is a bigger meme than gentoo

Already did, Richard

>ZorinOS Lite is your safest bet
>Avoid GNOME

i come to study Mechanical Engineering at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American video game and then we are kiss. We sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i ** this American boy it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call Mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM CUM FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I CUM IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though. I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

Mint
_buntu
Debian
Everything else is either a meme or an overhyped distro that will die in 2 weeks

stop using kde

Lite uses Xfce, what's the problem?

> (You)
>>he thinks installing gnu plus Linux voids his warranty
>>he uses the excuse of being too lazy
>>in reality he has never bothered to try
>I'm a windows user and even I think you're a fag

>I asked HP for it, it voids the warranty, >I've used ubuntu for quite some time in a VN
>I can't argue against my laziness

Installing an OS doesn't void warranty.

>buying HP
You deserve every jewish trick they can come up with.

Such a filthy double nigger you are

Games are actually a very important point. Just as cloud support, notetaking app support, office suite support, you name it.

Most people use computers to either earn a living, or play games, or both. It's that simple. Right now I'm using a 12 inch iPad pro to write my 3rd book, because somehow the overall clean design and workflow of iOS helps me stay focused. I could easily switch to either Windows, or MacOS or Linux or whatever makes my life easier at any given point in time.

I'm switching in 2020 when Windows 7 gets dropped. Good thing too, I think two years more of contributions and my rig probably won't see any performance drop through WINE/VM Passthrough.

>rig
disgusting gamer

Linux doesn't have the software I need. I want to change desperately though.

> be linux user
> nobody wants my trash even for free
> try and shill it on Sup Forums
> nothing happens
> become bitter

Linux Mint or Manjaro.

They both have the same amount of documentation, and you don't need a terminal to use it.