Is gimp a meme?

is this really supposed to replace photoshop?

Kinda. You can shop dicks on your friend's pics just fine.

developpers are dicks, won't add features that would make it actually useful.

It's fantastic for making memes on reddit tho.

its not that great, automatic selection (magic wand tool) on gimp is absolute shit compared to photoshop

It's really not that bad once you learn it.
Photoshop does a lot of stuff behind the scenes, GIMP doesn't, so you need know a bit more about what you're doing.

Is Photoshop better? Absolutely.
Is GIMP bad? No.

no one making money or taking them selves seriously and working uses it , they all use PS

Cut shit out manually. Put jizzing cocks allover your family's foreheads. Share that shit on Instabook and have a good laugh. Then go poojack while the comments and likes come flying in.

Not really. It's supposed to let you do image editing though. It works fine, but it's not photoshop.

doubt they know it exists even or care for that matter

that said it's perfectly fine

>Is GIMP bad? No.

It's not just bad, it's complete dog shit. Cleaning a toilet is more fun than using G*MP. Fuck this shit program and its developers.

It's usable to do most of what you need, has an autistic UI.

I use Pinta for small stuff.

>autistic UI.
autistic = shit then yes you are correct

Perfect example of something made by unsocial freetard losers. Instead of doing the bare basic of getting rid of floaty windows everywhere, something they promised years ago, they add whatever features that no one asked for. What have they changed in the program, it behaves virtually the same as it did 10 years ago.

For on the fly stuff I just use pixlr.com. A website with javascript is more functionally and useful than 20 years of autistic maintaining of gimp.

Gimp should add a random ass feature out of nowhere like a pizza topping detector.

>give me ONE reason to use gimp over photoshop
It can detect whether a pizza has pineapple
>wtf I don't need that, I only need certain image editing features
HAHAHA no, a tool doing what you want is not sufficient reason to use it, it needs to have ALL THE EXACT SAME FEATURES as its competitor or it's 100% worthless for everyone all the time

what is a good alternative to photoshop for linux then? Paint.NET?

>give me ONE reason to use gimp over photoshop

Done.

windows vm + photoshop

green is my pepper

Krita.

I like the floaty windows, it's just retards who use broken window managers who can't cope with them.

GIMP is for freetards only. I is absolutely not for people trying to make anything beyond a low effort meme image to post on reddit or Twitter. If you are trying to actually CREATE, a better alternative is Krita. It is 100% more useful to people that are serious about digital art. However, if you already know how to use Photoshop, nothing will ever feel right.

t. Used Krita for three months before breaking down and going right back to CS6

>Is Photoshop better? Absolutely.
>Is GIMP bad? No.
This.
and
>automatic selection (magic wand tool) on gimp is absolute shit compared to photoshop
It's free, and usable, so I don't really complain about it.

>If you are trying to actually CREATE, a better alternative is Krita
>vs GIMP
You do realize that they are different software targeting different use cases. GIMP is for image manipulation, and Krita is for drawing, so a better comparison would be between Krita, and MSpaint.

>>> Has non proprietary scripting in edges of lisp and also straight procedure....

I think we have good basis for GIMP 3 That could simply rule the trend for graphic processing, but I don't think somebody in open-source community will accept graphics approach to graphics software.

Because gimp is what programmers do with graphics, not what designers want.

Is there feature request for that?

I don't see map texture to light gradient inside edge being good in GIMP and also I don't have sh adders to effectively test procedures, sorry.

What is single window mode?

>mspaint
>for drawing
Krita is comparable to Paint Tool SAI.

You CAN stop blaming gimp for your baby duck syndrome and overcome it.
I did.

>Instead of doing the bare basic of getting rid of floaty windows everywhere, something they promised years ago,
they actually finally added this
the rest of the stuff yeah though

What's better free alternative then?
[spoiler]Literally NONE[/spoiler]

Reese Witherspoon's third leg.
gimp doesn't have this problem

yeah dont use gimp. use something else

>It's free, and usable, so I don't really complain about it.
Even more: don't like something? Fix it!

>gimp
>shop

GNU Linux, you know this windows.

You shouldn't use proprietary alternatives to free software.

I've tried using it, but it requires you not to be stupid so I couldn't do anything after spending a few hours trying to flip color blue to red on a picture.

>your car gets shit mileage? just build your own engine idiot
the absolute state of freetards

I mean if you can go ahead, all the more power to you.

>>your car gets shit mileage? just build your own engine idiot

How do you think car companies get started you fucking mongoloid?

No. It is not a photoshop replacement. That being said, it performs many of the same functions. That being said, there are much better programs for other things that you would otherwise do in photoshop.

the difference is i want to edit some photos not become a software engineer
devs shouldn't shove it onto the users to make their product usable

>is gimp supposed to replace photoshop
as an editor it sort of works.
as a stand alone image drawing program, hell no, not even close. mspaint is almost better.

As long as people defend GIMP, the Free Software movement will never be taken seriously. Stop holding us back, wackos.

Krita gets close to Photoshop workflow. It lacks some features, but it is OSS and multiplatform.

There's also Affinity Photo which comes way closer, but is Windows and macOS only. Also only costs like $50, but well worth it over Adobe's term licensing model.