Please point me in the right direction

I would like to get into CyberSecurity, which "path" or "way" should I take, this may be confusing, I'm just asking if there are like a certain order of books I should read and then go into more detail, or some softwares I should get proficient in, etc... it might sound rude and gay but I'm legit asking

Also I'm still using Windows, Idk if that's a problem but a lot of people hate it for some reason, pic unrelated obviously

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/bunnbree/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you have more of her?

and less of her clothes

instagram.com/bunnbree/

Sorry if I get this wrong, but from your initial question, I take it that you're at the very beginning. "Cyber Security" is a broad term. As a first thought for you, what do you think CyberSecurity is about? What are you protecting? What needs protection? You might see that you require more knowledge about computers before you can start protecting anything. Breaking into a system is always about doing stuff the other side didn't think about.

Learn literally everything you can about computers. I'm not joking. This is a lot of work. Take special care to learn about everything about connecting one system with second or more. You can motivate yourself to go deeper on any computer related topic if you think about it from a security perspective. A big chunk is about OS. Another one is about networking. A third one is about human being idiots.

Thanks man.

I'm OP:
I would like to know, if you are into CyberSecurity, how exactly did you got your knowledge from, like some recommendations and whatever
I do have a "technical diploma"( don't know if it's called like this in english ) in IT, however it was very mediocre, and the teacher didn't invited me to projects, only the same 5 guys ever, I know somewhat how to handle myself in C#, that's how far I am (it was poor education because I'm in a interior city in a shithole country, but it)

Sorry responded incompleted, "[...]but it was free so why not[...]"
take another QT3.14 I saved if you will

There's no general starting point. You need to find something that keeps you motivated and interested. I strongly suggest you to leave windows behind for now. People I know who only think in Windows environments tend to be pretty clueless, even if they actually bright in general. You need to broaden your horizon. Learn to take control over your system. Become paranoid. Unironically install gentoo. But first read this wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security

Get literally any mainstream GNU/Linux distribution and install it. Then try to turn it into a secure system following the guide I linked. Whenever you feel satisfied, google another way to penetrate your system. Once you get the hang of securing a GNU/Linux system, try again with Windows 7. Somewhere in between, read about securing networks.

Could you answer one last thing for me then ? Even if I don't live in the USA, I think it would be similar(I don't know if you live in the USA as well, I'm just assuming), my question is: Is experience enough to get me some good work ? Or I actually need some academic background to actually get paid decently enough
And I used ubuntu once, it was pretty hipster if anything, I guess I'll try ArchLinux, I've seen people mentioning

I've mentioned ArchLinux before checking the link, I swear :|

>Is experience enough to get me some good work?
Totally depends on your environment, but good certificates could help. Education will help, no matter where you are.

what is this reddit

which country?

Wow what a cute girl(male)

brbr hue hue, I think these terms are self explanatory, sorry for the "delay"

Is it just me or cyber security researchers, at least the ones starting out, are all trannies? And like, really ugly unpassable ones at that.

this

Checked the FAQ?
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview3.htm
user/password: guest

Never post a pic more interesting than your question. RIP your thread

fuck off you Ugandan knuckles loving fuck

Yes just what the world needs more clueless cretins jumping on the cybersec gravy train. If you can't even figure out which book to read don't even bother. As for the rest of you cybersec guys, what makes you think you can secure services you have absolutely no experience in?

Why do you want to get into sec?

It's clear you don't have any skills in the field, so you can't say you're interested, because you're really not.

Do you like the idea of being a hackerman? Did you get inspired by mr robot? Are you even in IT at the moment?

These questions have different answers, but if you don't have any skills, which you don't, the first two things you're going to do are play the online game BANDIT on OVERTHEWIRE. It'll give you Linux skills and ease you into hacking

>so uh, I'm like this way, so basically huh, everyone else also is, huh, also I'm a faggot

I will check it user, thanks

How is it possible for a girl to look this perfect

Learn to fucking speak cunt

>hurr durr cunt
>learn how to spek you cunt
>lel just did a funny
die in a fire already cupcake

They have a fucking general for this shit now:

are cocos, unity and unreal better in 2017?

it's my first time on this board, don't be mad, I don't know the generals in Sup Forums

Get to sniping those testicles and slap a dress on, you jealous fuck.

Not every girl is a trap you mongs