Thought this would be the better place to ask. I've got a pair of Yamaha HS7s that are really good...

Thought this would be the better place to ask. I've got a pair of Yamaha HS7s that are really good, however I would like a litte more bass as I usually listen to them rather quiet. I've found this sub (thomann.de/gb/fostex_pm_submini_2.htm), but I'm not sure if they are gonna do any difference as the speakers them selves are more powerfull. I know this probably sounds like a retarded question, but oh well, hope some of you guys can help. Will the HS7s overwhelm the sub or does it work in a different kind of way?

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.com/B004LRPXAU
ebay.com/p/Sunfire-True-Subwoofer-Super-Junior/1427370102?iid=162864873707
youtube.com/watch?v=QW3DorRXwwA
thomann.de/gb/fostex_pm_submini_2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What I assume is going to happen is that the sub will make a difference as long as the speakers play at low power, however when I turn up the volume, the yamahas will outperform and overshadow the sub?

Why not just get the HS8S

Ideally I need something compact as the Fostex, it is ~300 euro cheaper, and the HS8S is way too powerful for my needs

look up the frequency response of the HS7 and compare it to the fostex

why a "sub" with a 5 inch woofer versus something with a 10 or 12 inch woofer?

pic not related

I see the fostex is 60 - 150Hz while the HS7 is 43 - 30k. I guess the HS7 is lower and the fostex will make no difference at all then? My main point is that I usually listen to the yamahas at low volume and need a little more bass at that. When I turn up the volume they are perfectly deep for my needs, so I only need something small. Something like the HS8S would be overkill and a waste of money

HS7 has a 6.5 inch woofer, and perhaps you'd want a subwoofer with 10" cone, with 35-100K range, so you could make the crossover at 60 or 80K and take some work off the Yamaha woofer; but a 10" subwoofer won't be that portable or small as you'd like

like: Frequency Response: 34Hz - 150 KHz. 10" woofer with rubber surround and paper cone with painted
Rockville Apm10b 10" 400W Powered/Active Studio Subwoofer Pro Reference Sub
pic related same cost as the fostex but big

they have some weird reviews related to "hiss" so buyer beware

Only one rule applies to subwoofers. The bigger the better. Full stop.

Dont go cheap. Dont go small.

>bigger is better
depends on the quality of the driver make
cost has nothing to do with it on the resale market

Get yourself something good, like a Martin Logan subwoofer.
amzn.com/B004LRPXAU

Lol... i have that one. It's not that good. Like a pair of smallish Dynaudio Contours go about as low and tighter and with better presence.

no im talking physics fool. i designed and built my own subwoofer with bassbox 6 simulation software many moons ago. Big box and long ports give you deep tuning options. my sub ended up being rolling off only -6db @ 20hz

[pic related] is 12 years ago.

>built my own
but its still shit
fuck off aged DIY plebe

do you even own a subwoofer little angry man ?

So, calm down gramps.

If you're looking for big bass from a small sub, then you'd do good to check out some 2nd hand Carver Sunfire subs.
Here's an ebay example of one.
ebay.com/p/Sunfire-True-Subwoofer-Super-Junior/1427370102?iid=162864873707

subwoolferrr

SUBWOLLFURRRR

Rel lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=QW3DorRXwwA

>thomann.de/gb/fostex_pm_submini_2.htm
That sub sucks, it only goes down to 40hz

Thing is, compact and deep bass does not mix. You need a big driver in a big box to get deep bass.

>old school

increased driver excursion, increased magnet strength, and paired driver excursion, coupled with the room, utilizes the entire room as "the box"

which is why some of these inconspicuous, smaller modern subwoofers will tear your house down

their smaller cone size also means they are more responsive and match well with faster modern midrange drivers

Yeah, how about no