youtube.com/watch?v=UEHkoHZg50M
youtube.com/watch?v=2CQE0fZegfI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOND1lkkkI
youtube.com/watch?v=DCbiJVGPob8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cnab

want to marry a PRETY slav lady :3

youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5MuSHtgS0

This is how a truly German sounding Slavic language sounds like, take note, Czech haters.

łał kurwa jeszcze się nie zabiłeś?

God he's handsome

>Welcome: Wends, Slavs and Cnabs
What about sarmatians?

Sound like generic Western Slavic desu
I'm still rooting for žemwe
youtube.com/watch?v=2-RY-Yg2VBA

Thanks to Slovak user(s?) who responded. But I wanted to ask one more question.
Tell me about pic related, anything interesting there?

Hahaha reminds me of something:
youtube.com/watch?v=z6f9yXscizU

I understand almost everything the girl says, but it is obvious they are being assimilated by the accent.

Charity concert on 13. semptember in culture house in St Primožurn?

I think many things, but I do not know it much, I am from the exact opposite corner of the republic.

How much do you understand this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hpECkUWA86M

v Šentprimožu* (in St Primus)

I always find it ironic how self-proclaimed germans speak carinthian Slovene better than actual carinthian slovenes themselves. No guttural r-s and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VZqltxjwps
youtube.com/watch?v=2RMfcMWycu4

Although all props to these to lads! I can't tell how glad I am to hear carinthian slovene in such a cheerful conversation.

>I think many things, but I do not know it much, I am from the exact opposite corner of the republic.
I see. Well I guess I'll just scroll around in Google Street view to give me an idea :3

Well, almost everything. But as I said, since I have kinda studied Russian in the past (a little) it's much easier for me to grasp the meaning. For people who haven't had any contact with other Slavic languages, I guess they'll understand it as well with some words being strange and unknown. But in general, I assume they'll easily grasp the general idea of things.

youtube.com/watch?v=6rFXpxVOBIo

How does this sound? Does it sound "Western European"?

ja, je kar ironično da član heimatdiensta govori po slovensko

Drugače pa s pogrkovanjem ni nič narobe, v Kropi tudi tako govorijo.

>poklonskaya
>PRETY
kek she's at the very best passable 6/10 by slav measures

I my opinion Czech/Slovak and Polish sound the least similar to Russian among the Slavic languages.

Yeah but does it sound German/Scandinavian (not to me)? How does the speech of the people in the video sound to you? Can you guess what exactly it is?

Really? I never heard of that. I don't think original carinthian/upper carniolan dialects had that sound, it must be a pretty recent addition imho. For instance, carinthian dialects posted in previous thread had slavic r-s.

> Does it sound "Western European"?
Kek, what is that supposed to even mean..

But more to your point..
>How does this sound?
If I really listen to it I can pick up few words here and there. Even a sentence. But in general rather difficult to understand.

Obviously it doesn't sound germanic at all. It sounds basically Slovak/Czech to me -i.e. west slavic- but I have a trouble telling those apart if I don't have a side to side comparison.

There was a cnab troll in the thread before who said Czech sounds "Western European" and like English or German.

In a way, you are right.

It is a transitional dialect. It is from the Czech side of the border, but it sounds VERY Slovak. It is from the "Moravian Slovakia" area of Czech Republic.

Afaik the arbitiary criteria to distinguish if the dialect is Slovak or Czech is presence or lack of ř. This dialect sounds very Slovak, but has ř.

>who said Czech sounds "Western European" and like English or German.
I saw that, pic related presents my reaction.

Kakor vem, so Kroparji edini Gorenjci, ki pogrkujejo (razen seveda ljudi z gorovno napako).

Do you mind posting some Slovak and Czech videos for me to learn to distinguish those two? Preferably something interesting so I have fun along the way kek. If I'm not asking too much. Could be just an excerpt from the news or smth

That is not even all. He compared Czech to PORTUGUESE. Someone must be on Krokodil to say that Czech sounds like Portuguese.

Imaš kak posnetek? Našel sem nekaj o kovačih a tam govorijo dokaj normalno (saj so na televiziji).

>He compared Czech to PORTUGUESE

That I (fortunately) didn't see.

Ne. Kot sem že dolgo nazaj ugotovil je na internetu res malo posnetkov narečij.

Portuguese does sound Slavic under some circumstances desu

Post comfy Russian music

youtube.com/watch?v=raYw1OjUcjY

Res je, že dalj časa se trudim najti en dober posnetek v pravi prekmurščini ali pa rezijanščini.

Slovak:
youtube.com/watch?v=cOelmiCl1j8 (drunk and Eastern Slovak accent)

youtube.com/watch?v=kmq2Xt3CYW8

youtube.com/watch?v=PbGGv6Zyrgk

youtube.com/watch?v=E8Sk5DAj_eg

youtube.com/watch?v=QoNj1hvMRJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=hhb20PHqmVA (borderland with CZ/Záhorie Western Slovak dialect)

youtube.com/watch?v=e8uq-Xt8FyU (Spiš Eastern Slovak dialect)

Czech:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCgx9Spef-Q (driver is drunk and speaks with a heavy Brno accent)

youtube.com/watch?v=Dpq0ewyzPFY

youtube.com/watch?v=vsLqSzht3KM (dubbed in colloqual Czech)

youtube.com/watch?v=-O1naUfvOWE

youtube.com/watch?v=61fUw9JEILM

Both (Czech and Slovak in 1 video):

youtube.com/watch?v=_6Mkbdhd8yk (the man in the black suit speaks Czech)

youtube.com/watch?v=VhxqYPNcHYE (the kids speak Slovak, the judge with the white shirt speaks Slovak, all other people speak Czech, they speak Czech to the kids and they reply in Slovak)

youtube.com/watch?v=arLdV_NXTnI (same guy as in previous vid but in black T shirt speaks Slovak, other judges speak Czech, the "singer" speaks Slovak and sings whale noises)

youtube.com/watch?v=iV6penWlZ88 (2 judges speak Slovak, 2 speak Czech, the "rapper" speaks Slovak but raps pure retardation)

I applaud your autism on gathering all of this.

Thank you so much! You didn't need to put so much effort in that, but I won't complain. I'll save it since I probably won't be able to listen to everything today.

Me too lad

Nah guys I wanted to watch funny videos today anyways. These are all videos I know and love, and the Slovene wanted to have fun (plus many contain people speaking with heavy accents/drunk so you also get to hear something other than perfect speech).

I know what you mean

I generally turn to shit like this for funny vids

youtube.com/watch?v=IsM7OxGMW44

>youtube.com/watch?v=cOelmiCl1j8

Slovak politicians:
youtube.com/watch?v=0aR8bRZ9Yq0

youtube.com/watch?v=6llwNrcJcoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=vwsefIL3yRk

youtube.com/watch?v=rF1YulKPZPU

Czech president:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEHkoHZg50M

youtube.com/watch?v=2CQE0fZegfI