/ptg/ Private Tracker General

Old thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
Tracker Manifesto: pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
Wiki: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

user wants votes on encoders:
strawpoll.me/14923182

>2018
>still climbing the pyramid
why

Because streaming doesn't have half the shit I want because of red tape that's never going to end in my lifetime.

Honest question /ptg/

How long do you think rutracker will be around for ? I remember the vote they gave to users in 2015 to tell the music industry to GTFO. Personally surprised any more drama hasn't manifested as a result. The site staff must be based. I love that site so much. Would genuinely be upset if they went the way of what.cd

Probably the main reason why i am going to interview for red. Need my eggs in more than one basket in current year.

Could anyone recommend a router (doesn't have to be integrated, could be business grade if it doesn't cost $300) that can withstand ultimate amounts of peer connection rape? I'm running like 5 torrent clients and this new router they gave me for FiOS 150/150 is running like shit, even though the older more modest one had none of these issues.

quit posting pics of your vinyl

their search functionality pisses me off. and it's all in russian. it's a bbcode forum hacked up to be a torrent site. not going anywhere though, unlike France, Russia doesn't really give a shit about 'copyright infringements' or 'international treaties'

What redtapes? How are you not on HDB?

Give me something fast-paced, eclectic, with vocals, electronic, prog, upbeat

and with eurobeat, (future) funk, psytrance, disco, jazz, rock, classical and/or folk influences. But nothing generic or leaning too much on a single genre. If a song has to be 12-30 minutes for this to happen that's a plus in my eyes. Pic related is what gets me rock hard. If an album has one or multiple Leitmotif(s) I tend to like that too. It makes individual tracks feel more connected.

Please nothing Japanese if you can help it. My music library is already too full with 2hu arrangements.

>wife's son ruined my HDB ratio

>wife's son
cucked

quit blogging and get aids, curry faggot

oh look over there ->

its another pyramid to climb !

my gfs incest baby has a pretty good ratio on ipt

You can change it to English or whatever language they have available

where

Not having a bonus point system is so stupid. It rewards you for snatching new mainstream releases and punishes you for snatching older or more niche torrents. Is there any hope for RED changing their policies? It's not healthy for a tracker to be like this (unless you have an autosnatcher that builds you buffer for nothing)

you can, but you won't be able to see like 90% of the torrents that way

are you retarded or something?

Chrome Hoof - Chrome Black Gold

try it yourself, it won't display the same results.

>Is there any hope for RED changing their policies?
No. Shut up about it already, nobody cares about you leechers. Either upload content or starve for ratio.

>Either upload content or starve for ratio
I've uploaded over 30 albums in the past week which gave me around half a GB of upload. Nobody leeches anything that's not new and mainstream.

red isn't going to implement anything that dramatic. this is as good as it gets, it will probably just get worse and worse considering so many cocksuckers have to whore ratio with seedboxes now.

>No. Shut up about it already, nobody cares about you leechers. Either upload content or starve for ratio.

yea lets upload content so some autosnatching cock fuck face can autosnatch it and then steal all my upload. fuck off

transcoding doesn't count
and i have seen a lot of my obscure releases get snatched

>yea lets upload content so some autosnatching cock fuck face can autosnatch it and then steal all my upload. fuck off
let's ban seedboxes then, but bonus points for seeding is doubling down on the retardation

wow, and I thought *I* was a little bitch about RED..

t. autosnatcher

all autosnatchers need to be purged

>transcoding doesn't count
Didn't say anything about transcoding

>I've uploaded over 30 albums in the past week which gave me around half a GB of upload
Then upload flac you fucking nigger

>upload 100% flac
>1 autosnatcher grabs it once i up it
>10 people have grabbed it since
>i only have a 1.8 ratio on it

kill all seedboxers

I upload FLAC and both transcodes of the same file

Then you shouldve gotten way more than half a gb of upload

I would say 1) you won't complain anymore when you have the buffer
and 2) there is always the option to upload.
even if I get that you'll point to seedboxes now.

now the question is, is a minimum guaranteed upload amount for the uploader bad? in need of someone experienced to clarify here.

uploader should be happy with ratio of 1...

>original uploader get 1 ratio
>meanwhile seedbox fag get 99 ratio
>should be happy
Fuck off

really, now...?

>...?
>>>/reddit/

get a seedbox poorfag

Just rechecked around a thousand completed and seeding torrents. These are all about six moths old. Why does this happen? Is it that some of the data becomes corrupted over time, or what?

No, I have like 100k in crypto but I will never get a seedbox you fucking faggot
>just buy a seedbox so you can climb the pyramid
I'd rather bought a fucking invite

you forgot to post your vinyl setup again

imagine being THIS autistic

>people complain that ipt is a pay2leech tracker
>no one says anything about red being a pay2win tracker

at least ipt has the decency to just outright offer you to pay for more upload. red has to do it in a round about way (they own a % of some seedbox hosts)

Data corruption, metadata correction, and so on. Big downloads like these are usually tag correction or small data transfer issues.

that qbittorrent corrupting the files
switch to utorrent, that client will keep your files intact

post your wallet addresses or stfu lying

Just done listening to it. Thanks. Once RED hands out more tokens I might just be able to get it in quality greater than whatever's on bandcamp. Thanks tho.

>tfw you trump some uploadcuck's perfect FLAC for a minor tagging or formatting issue
nothing personnel kiddo

You are welcome. And just download it already, I'm pretty sure you have enough buffer to do it.

That's goddamn disgusting
i can see why though

Lolno I don't have any buffer at all.

Big if true

That's Deluge

So I /think/ I have my foot in the door with one private tracker that, god bless them, never deleted my account for inactivity since my ratio is 0/0 and I only look into it every few months.
If I wanted to get a decent ratio, what's the easiest way to do this?
Just download and start seeding something from a top ten list?

you need to check out ratiomaster

Request for the next OP image to be this one. Maybe shop some heads on if you're still with us insane chipmunk spammer.

What tracker user?

the fuck is this?

i personally saw this happen to a guy who filled two of my requests. lol i didnt rescind the fill bounty cause i figured he deserves it for atleast uploading the initial torrent

>apollo front page announcement
>WE NEED YOU
lmao ur damn right u do. red might be a bit austere but atleast they dont beg for help and get shit done.

MySpleen.
Honestly I don't remember how I got accepted in the first place, I wasn't invited and I'm not sure they have applications often if at all.

myspleen doesnt care about ratio

myspleen is ratioless. Download away! Seed what you want to share with others. Delete the rest.

Well, that's a relief. I was kicked from BakaBT because I couldn't get my ratio up after getting Slayers.

But still, I want something nice to dangle so I can get into 32pag.es.
Cinemageddon looks like something I want my hands on too.

32p has open apps on some dates

>Cinemageddon looks like something I want my hands on too
theyve been closed for over a year

I know, beginning of each month, but I've been rejected twice because I can't show proof of any other accounts.

>2018
>still using anything other than rTorrent

enjoy your subpar ratio racing :^)

50gb of buffer and haven't spent a cent. You're doing it wrong.

That's like only 100 albums? I can get through that in a day.

>What redtapes? How are you not on HDB?

Nigga what? HDB is not streaming.

>2018
>still falling for the lunix meme

>tfw 1 TB buffer

Why don't you DL some music user?

I am

movie

good

I can't use overtime because I have unpaid library fees how fucked am i?

>p-please come and work for free for our for-profit tracker in terminal decline...
>w-what do we want? e-everything!

>Couldn't cut it on BBT
The absolute state of neo-/ptg/

Lads, is TTG any good?

What tracker?

APOLLO SIR

>APL gives FL tokens for uploading and helping retention
>this ruins the economy
>RED gives FL tokens for doing literally nothing
>this is literal perfection
In practice RED has a de facto bonus point system that requires you to do nothing because of the token giveaways, you brainlets.

What trackers did you join, look at once, and never go back to because they were curry as fuck?

Mine were:

>Speed.CD
>Oppaitime
>Blutopia
>TorrenTing

>TTG
What?

>TorrenTing
literally one of the worst trackers out there

What tracker softwares actually handle partial seeding properly, like not requiring you to download all of it in order to not count as H&R?

>Torrenting
Been there too, never did anything and let my account purge itself.

>properly

>(they own a % of some seedbox hosts)
provide proof now or delete your shitpost, you fucker

How is waffles.chuh sirs

red

pooloo

If doublesget then I delete all my Apollo torrents

Liar. No one seeds on Pooloo.

GGn dead boys, there it goes your chance of getting on PTP and BTN

aaaaaaaaa, I was always downloading thru Piratebay and shit and now I bought a seedbox but I can't get in anywhere. And my ratio on IPT is too bad to download freeleech, REEEEEE

>Website - gazellegames.net
offline for the past 3h 14m

>And my ratio on IPT is too bad to download freeleech
How does this even happen? baka
look up popular files on public trackers and cross-seed with your seedbox

PTN and Blutopia, PTN has fuck all content with a terrible search function.

Why do I never get hits on popular torrents I seed? I can't seem to upload more than 200MB of Monotari or Oreimo or anything else with 500 seeders and 50 leechers. All my uploads instead come Go Nagai OVAs and shit like Salaryman Kintaro or Rockman.EXE Season 5 hanging on by only a couple of seeders. I'm guessing my upload speeds are too low seeding from an old desktop at home and not a paid seedbox. Leechers are likely kicking me to connect to someone faster.

>He wasn't part of the first wave
Heh, newfags.