When you have multi-monitor setup and select pure black colour as wallpaper

>when you have multi-monitor setup and select pure black colour as wallpaper

>pure black
You mean dark grey?

>pure black multi monitor
Wow you must be rich being able to afford multiple UP3017Q monitor setup

>tfw I will never know that feel

seriously though, I can't understand why real blacks are still an issue in 2018. This is literally more important than anything they've come up with (4K, 8K, 3D, SmartTV) in the past 20 years. Is this really so difficult to solve?

>pure black on non OLED monitor
>non IPS with multi-monitor setup

yes

>difficult
No, we solved it in 2005 - then some patent trolls at Nano Propritary Ltd. of East Texas sued the shit out of Canon* and the chance for SED was lost forever.

*Becuase Canon was broke and couldn't afford to build the facilities on their own, so they did a joint venutre with Toshiba, but Nano Propritary (successfully) argued that was an illegal transfer of technology. Tosiba got locked out, Canon got a massive fine and couldn't continue with the development at all.

Today, the patents are finally through, SED is 'free' but SED panels require Barium glass for the front of the panel (since they still product xrays like CRT) but since the end of CRT production, barium glass production pretty much dried up since there was little demand, to restart the industries required to get SED off the ground now would be in the trillions of dollars.
It's never happening and it's fucking depressing.

The future is almost here

The future is MicroLED. The burn in from OLED fucks up any sort of long term usage on desktop.

they're difficult to deal with from any perspective
consider for one the crime rate and the rudeness and degeneracy of their behaviour

>tfw single 4:3 ips monitor w white background

Enjoy your eye cancer

>pure black
plebs

>3 months later
>Man I'm so glad I wasted $10000 on this bad boy
>huh are the colors any different? nah it must be my imagination

>60hz
plebs.

>only 1500 USD for 4K OLED

what the fuck, that's incredibly cheap. What's the catch?

1 year warranty.

turn down the brightness

permanent burn-in after 5 hour of screen-on-time

>less than 80:1 contrast
nah

The catch is that fucking samsung and lg are fucking jews
Consumer oled panel should not cost more than 300-1000$, but oled have superior picture quality, if they release cheap panel no one will their shitty overpriced tvs costing thousands

Now the only possibility for true blacks are OLED screens that degrade over time (nice built-in planned obsolescence lol)

tfw

What's the upgrade path for someone with a 25" 1440P IPS monitor? Should I wait for OLED or buy 4K IPS monitor?

>but since the end of CRT production
CRTs are still produced

>The catch is that fucking samsung and lg are fucking jews
Maybe the japs or chinks will save us

>japs
fat chance of the nips doing anything but withering away any time soon
ever since their economy got assploded in the 90s and their birth rates are down the drain
niggas gon need to be put in a museum, or we'll end without authentic weeb-fetish shit in the near future

Why does that happen, user?

There birthrates have slightly recovered since #abenomics

>he's never coded in the dark

To be fair, the only time I see my wallpaper is when I boot right before I launch all my browsers/editors/whatever.

underrated

>8 billion humans on the earth and counting is fine

if anything, we need to half that number bro. If God said to me that he will delet 50% of the Earth's population if I killed myself. I would.

Or we could somehow sterilize the entirety of Africa and the middle east

If it were me, I would wait for OLED but I'll freely admit I don't know what I'm talking about.

In a small quantities.
Nothing on the order of what it used to be.

>solid color
>not creating a 10x10px image of stripes and tiling it for maximum comfy

Because it's not marketable to normies.

>when your screens are actually TN and every color is trash