It just werkz

it just werkz
why aren't you using debian, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
debian.org/users
linuxfoundation.org/blog/linux-runs-all-of-the-worlds-fastest-supercomputers/
gamingonlinux.com/articles/pixar-film-production-show-off-how-they-use-linux-and-opengl-open-sourced-a-major-tool.7993
linux.web.cern.ch/linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Installed it a few days ago. Everything is werking fine

nobody cares that you like debian, user

Wifi driver wouldn't install.
>it just werkz

>updates every day
>dont have to boot
fellsgoodman

It must have been proprietary.
Debian cares about that shit.

add "non-free" to the end of your repo in your sources list
/etc/apt/sources.list

I find a lot of the free drivers don't work the best.

you should be using ethernet anyway user

Welcome to 2006

32 bit has kernel panick.
I am loyal to it but it's getting rough to change the boot files with a live USB everytime I update it

Gentoo also just werks. If anything doesn't it's your own fault.

what use-case do you have for 32-bit?

Almost every laptop has a proprietary wifi card. Debian works fine only on desktop computers with integrated graphics.
Also GNOME 3.22? Dear God

Not using centos instead of debian

Why don't you go back to your women studies class already user, men are talking

non-free drivers often don't work

Can you play Fallout 4 on it?

Just go back to good old Windows. You will feel like you are at home when you do. Linux is just a hobby. You will like it at first because it is different but you will run into obstacles. You will seek help to resolve issues and sometimes get help. But why install Linux when Windows is already what you want Linux to be?

because it is nearly impossible to manage windows
also it has shit command line interface
>powershell
yes its nice,but why not just improve cmd?

No, but I am surprised by the number of games that run natively on linux. I have about 200 steam games and over half run fine on debian. It seems like its mostly the AAA games that don't get linux support.

>Windows is already what you want Linux to be
Definitely not. I stuck to windows for so long because of the games but everything else about it is annoying as fuck. It's filled with bloat, it constantly wants to restart to install updates, every time it updates it resets all your settings, if you're using it to develop you have to install gigantic programing IDEs instead of just writing out some code in a text editor and then running/compiling that.

Honestly the only reason people still use windows is because they're familiar with it and dont want to use new programs

Faggy debian!

Because ArchLinux is more stable and mature.

>Arch is more mature

>Virtualbox

>Lying on the internet

#define unstable stable
#define immature mature

no bully!

Because nobody uses Linux IRL.

is there anything I could do for Firefox to combine tab bar and titlebar on Gnome?

So much wasted vertical space.

no no no.
you should change it to:
>Because I am not managing servers

Uhm, you select customize and untick the Title Bar option.

I installed Debian on my librebooted x200, boot is slow and I have to enter disk decryption password twice.

>why aren't you using debian, user?
Because I'm not running a server.

what? I don't have a title bar option

it's in firefox 59+ which is beta versions and newer

oh ok thanks

>kernel 4.9
>packages are completely outdated
>apt-get is one of the worst
debian is not for desktops

I run my notebook wirh Debian for 2 years, but i think it was dumb to use public wifi without Firewall... i know my fault but still fucked up

How can i check my debian install if it is
compromised?

Debian isn't for servers either. 3+(2 if we feel like it) year support is janky as all hell.

>Debian works fine only on desktop computers
hm
>laptop
>installed debian
>wifi works out of the box

>uname -r
>4.14
not even on unstable

Shitty default fonts. Same reason I'm going back to Kubuntu from Fedora once 18.04 is out.
Developers underestimate how much the little things matter.

>using enterpriseBloatwareOS instead of sane distro

Because why the fuck bother when it's outclassed in every use case
>servers
Centos, openbsd, gentoo tweeked to the needs to the server, ubingo server
>workstations
Centos/rhel, ubongo lts, openpepe
>home use
Fedora, arch gentoo, ubongo
>old computers
Gentoo with distcc

Other than running it on an ancient PowerPC Mac I really can't find a niche where there's nothing better than Debian.
Also ian fucking killed himself what the fuck

a 32bit computer, maybe

B-but I am desu
I think ill reinstall so that i can have an encypted install this time tho.

Because it's so much effort to install fonts & get rid of gnome?

its litrally 3 steps to install the wifi package (maybe 4 if you have to google your wifi chip and know its name)
>add non-free in source list
>sudo apt update
>install package and reboot (if you have a DE it will probably put the interface up and set it up autmoatically)

Too old, included kernel doesn't support SMT on ryzen.

B-but I am user

>it just werkz
>why aren't you using debian, user?
I am but it's buggy.

I just installed Deepin, it's a Chink district based on debian.. how many Chink virus will I get?

thought about switching to debian but arch is just comfy and i cannot get used to apt and dealing with repos

Because it uses systemd.

>Memory: 32032MiB
Why?

Renders or virtualisation i'm guessing

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

sudo apt install systemdmustdie openrc wicd && sudo apt remove systemd

>it just werkz
>install debian
>it actuallly doesn't work at all
>my mfw

*systemd-must-die

I am using debian ATM
I'm not autistic enough (yet) for the likes Arch, Gentoo or Slackware

Because It's derivatives are better.

>apt update
>without internet access
Kekked.

Does it have thumbnail file picker? Thought so.

1) May I get wallpaper please?
2) Do you install themes for the cinnamon panel ? I tried to do that but it didn't work for some reason.

old ass packages

Menu > preferences > themes > add/remove desktop themes > Available themes, then search for XP

Unable to locate package.

lol I've been using it for 12 years. it's a turd.
I'll probably switch to ubuntu soon.
not even going to wait for the next release. it's been a turd for a long time

because 2fa ssh dont werk

I use debian + mate. I seen the same bugs written back in over and over for a decade. the fixes are so slow to come I'm getting tired of waiting. I used to have the patience to fix all the little bugs but now I just want something that works and won't be rescrewed every other month

It doesn't work on my machine.

What means that?
The kernel views the threads as cores or doesn't see the additional threads at all?

I do

>what is an ethernet cable?

don't feel bad, you picked the iso without firmware, though i also don't judge operating systems based on how easy they are to install on a craptop

anyone remember nautilus wipe?
you rightclick on a file or folder and erase it from the hdd? it's called caja wipe under mate. it worked about 3 month in the last 5 years

i prefer windows 10

Works for meTM.

software is too old and testing breaks sometimes unfortunately, but besides that it's great

debian says they don't release new distros with programs in the repository that don't work. not true anymore. some packages have been broken for years

Fedora just werkz better

I am dude it's great.

Debian has actual principles and morals and is community run. CentOS is a soulless corporate mess.

problem is the community is so small now it takes forever to fix anything.
if you run into a bug there's no support. maybe the ubuntu fix will work. maybe.

>every notebook has rj45

get a usb ethernet adapter???

this
>install Debian Stretch
>things look alright
>install Projectm
>error: missing fonts
>moving the cursor over certain windows makes the whole desktop shake for a moment
>moving windows produce glitches sometimes
>connect USB HDD
>KDE taskbar freezes forcing me to logout

>stable

Oh god no. All I have to do to setup a new debian install is copy a couple .files while windows takes at least a couple hours. Whenever I have to use windows I end up having to fight it. Recently I was running a windows vm and trying to get it to run an executable off a network share was hell, instead of being able to do something like chmod -R you have to go to the file properties then go the security settings then open the advanced security settings so you get a checkbox to recursively apply permissions. Also when I needed to turn off "fast shutdown" I had to go the second control panel of windows and go under the power button options to actually turn that shit off.

>buying a useless junk to get basic funcionality
Yeah, that's why Debian sucks. No sane distro does this crap, only from the freetarded ones.

Yet, even less than week ago, debian testing was missing the b43 firmware packages. It was actually easier to install arch and get them with AUR than learning how to do it on debian.

I don't have an image that properly represents how stupid this bait is.

they can't redistribute broadcom firmware, it's just a script that downloads it, and it will run like shit regardless

Well, the thing is, debian used to have said script, but not anymore

:D
>stupid
Why?

Because we use Scientific Linux at work. Only made sense to convert my worklaptop and personal laptop to fedora after that.

Used Debian Sid before that though. quite nice.

i am using stertch can't get gksu to work tho so i cant run any program which need to be run as a sudoers doesn't work when running it using su or sudo either

I think it's more likely you didn't have the contrib repo enabled.

>KDE
>stable
oh you

First it's GNU/Linux. Second you're blatantly wrong: debian.org/users linuxfoundation.org/blog/linux-runs-all-of-the-worlds-fastest-supercomputers/ gamingonlinux.com/articles/pixar-film-production-show-off-how-they-use-linux-and-opengl-open-sourced-a-major-tool.7993 linux.web.cern.ch/linux/

I have old encrypted drives with legal docs phone numbers family pics ect. when I mount one of those old drives an icon pops up on the desktop . if you open that drive from the icon and try to search it. it won't find anything. you have to open home, look for the drive on the left sidebar and search from there

This man gets it. "Stable" is just a marketing name, it doesn't have anything to do with actual stability of work and performance of the operating system, it just means it has aged crap in repositories

That's weird. My stock bios T420 boots pretty fast with an ssd and only asks for the decryption password once. Maybe your grub partition is encrypted too or something?