Does >>>Sup Forums still use disk drives

does still use disk drives

No

Haven't in years. Triple front fan intake results in a cool and silent pc.

I have one somewhere for compatibility reasons, booting from CD hasn't failed so far

this

If not for music, I would scrap them entirety. Still trying to figure out why every external usb solution has only 1-2 stars.

I need it for older games.

Pretty much this And for buring music CDs for my mother to use in the car.

Used one till 4 days ago, i needed a sata cable to install a new 2tb hdd and was too lazy to order a one

What kind of shitty ancient motherboards do you have that can't boot a usb stick?

Yes, what else would I put inside my drive bay

This is a good reason.

I was going to get rid of mine and then I realized I lost the drive bay cover.

Optical discs are spelled with a C.

Yeah no thanks, my case hides the drive bays with a door

still have ton off DVDs so yeah still use it

I have hard drive cages with big fans

Yes, for backup because a finalized DVD is superior to spinner, flash or any other permanently writable media. I have burned CDs from 2000 which still play just fine, though of course I re-copy my backups to ensure freshness.

No one else should do this because doors and spinny motors are ugly.

I have a bluray writer for backups and bluray ripping of my personal collection.

I use them often enough to justify one. I tend to like old software and games more than new ones, so having an optical drive is nice.

you still have room for tripple 120mm fans, even when your case has a bay for 5.25" drives. There are cases out today that have spots in the frame for a 5.25" drive, but don't have an opening for one in the front panel, and those also support tripple 120mm fans. There are also cases that support laptop optical drives.

still have one in my htpc in case I feel like playing/ripping an old CD or DVD for some reason, but I haven't actually used an optical drive in years. Funnily enough though, a couple months ago I did have to dig out an old P4 shit box that has a 1.44mb floppy drive because my dad found a box of floppies and didn't know if he copied everything off them 30 fucking years ago like he should have (baby boomers, kek)

For ripping dvds and blurays, yes

What happened to floppy drives? Answer: They went up against the laws of physics.

Attempts at making super floppies like the Zip Disk were not a success because the higher capacity the disk is, the faster the rotation speed has to be. Since floppy disks are a contact media, what would happen on Zip drives is that they would literally shear the magnetic media right off the disk due to the rotation speed (also head damage was common).

I watch enough movies and play enough older games to where not having one is a bigger hassle

>does still use disk drives
Yes for movies/tv shows, but I don't have my optical drives attached to my pc (have one on my laptops, but not bd).
I attach a sata bddrive to my pc externally whenever I want to use it, but keep it in storage for most of the time.

my computer is so old it has DVD Burner

Solid state fans when?