My last monitor was a 5:4, OLEDs weren't even a thing at that point

My last monitor was a 5:4, OLEDs weren't even a thing at that point.

It finally broke,
and I feel completely alienated by the new technology, what the fuck should I get?

>21-24" max
>1080p is sufficient
>higher support welcome just in case
>AMOLED maybe
>no ghosting
>60hz is enough
>no real interest in sub 5ms response since I don't entertain autistic activities

Can you help me pick something? budget 250€-300€

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/monitor/tests/motion
rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality
rtings.com/monitor/tests/inputs
oled-info.com/asus-proart-pq22uc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want a 4:3. Do they even make these anymore?

nigger why are you asking Sup Forums, where people are biased towards their own purchases and can't afford more than 4 monitors max, instead of looking up reviews by professional reviewers with access to all monitors to the market that make fair comparisons.
are you fucking retarded?

>where people are biased towards their own purchases and can't afford more than 4 monitors max
What the fuck are you even try to say?
I set a budget of 2-300€ why do you think I'd care if somebody has a 4 monitors set up?
>I don't entertain autistic activities
should have been enough of a hint.

>looking up reviews by professional reviewers
Waste of time.

Not sure, maybe look into refurbished stuff?

>Waste of time.
ok, so you are retarded. gotcha. now read the fucking sticky and get the fuck out. also grow up and learn how to make your own decisions, no one here has any incentive whatsoever to give you good advice.

Find a 1080p or 1440p IPS panel
Which country do you live in? You may be able to use pcpartpicker.com

Running 2 x Dell U2417H, meets all your criteria but AMOLED, but in any case the PLS panel color reproduction is already way ahead TN ones, put my previous monitor to shame..

What he is trying to say is that people on Sup Forums do not have access to many different models of monitors and therefor can not possibly give you an educated opinion. Professional reviewers on the other hand can do exactly do that, since they are able to compare all displays that are available. Are you dumb?

>rtings.com/monitor/tests/motion
If you want clear motion/animation.
>rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality
If you want clear image quality/colors.
>rtings.com/monitor/tests/inputs
If you want fast inputs.

Make up your own mind, obviously they dont review all monitors, but you can cross examine other sites.

Jesus fuck user, who cucked you today?

Wait, so you'd rather take the word of poorfags instead of professional reviewers? What is wrong with you, faggot?

Do your own research on your purchase we are not your personal tech support nigger.

Just get ultrawide and think of it as two 4:3 side by side.

>Professional reviewers

Honestly when it comes to monitors stick with specialized reviewers like tftcentral. I've lost count to "professional reviewers" that can't even distinguish response time from input lag.

Get a Dell U2414H. If you are into 16:10 for a disproportional bonus, then get the Dell U2415H. They are both brilliant monitors.

>professional reviewers

Paid shill

I just want to larp that I'm back in 2004 when my life was objectively better user

Italy, I did use pcpartpicker but with these criteria the pick is fairly limited already.

One of the screens I got from part picker the one suggested.
Not sure I'd pick IPS over AMOLED.

The difference is that I can ask multiple persons at the same time here and get the occasional retard, while I might have to take 5-6 minutes reading/watching reviews of products to figure out if they're valid or not.

thanks.

Yes, I'd rather take the word of a person that has bought a monitor.
Rather than "professional" reviewers.

AMOLED/OLED monitors are few and far between, because using them as monitors with many consistent images causes irreparable burn-in.

Are there even AMOLED monitors? Can't find a single one other than phones.

oled-info.com/asus-proart-pq22uc
Eventually.

get one with a proper stand that can raise / lower and portrait mode

Had 2x24" 16:10 and those are too wide in dual config and not wide enough for two windows side by side in single config.

Yeah I understand that, sometimes pull out shitty 15" CRT just for the feels.

Gives me that comfy combination of nostalgia and melancholy.

So not only would you rather take the advice of poorfags on Sup Forums but you can't even be bothered to research the negative implications of an OLED monitor in the first place. That shit will burn in and there's nothing you can do to fix that.

Besides the fact those type of monitors don't really exist on the marketplace for that reason, if you do end up finding one I hope you shell out some shekels for it and ruin your monitor in a few months you stupid homo.

Buy a 2004 monitor. You can't have your old life back. Change or suffer.

I hate people on this site who unironically use old outdated trash like some sort of hipster fag.

>Hurr durr no help you go away
>helps anyway

If posting conventional wisdom is helping then that's sad

>One of the screens I got from part picker the one (You) suggested.

And for good reason. If all you need is 1080p 60hz you can't get any better than this at its price. Pick between the U2414H or the U2417H if you prefer an LG or a Samsung panel, respectively, though honestly I own the 2417's, my cousin owns a 2414 and I can't tell the difference between them. Also the 2414 has a separate speaker bar addon, and the 2417 has 2 usb ports at the side, instead of everything at the back, but other than that they're the same.

OLED still isn't a thing for desktop monitors. You can get 55"+ OLED TVs and