pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5b64psDiM6Q
ebay.com/itm/55g-Topre-Realforce-Switch-Tester-KEYCHAIN-Keyboard-Key-/272082587370
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>keyboard
Leopold FC660M
>keycaps
EnjoyPBT Japanese (ePBT sushi)
>switch
MX Red

oh look another keyboard thread

What is the point of getting a mechanical keyboard aside from the mechanical switches? Why isn't everyone discussing the engineering behind the switches themselves rather than your gay ass keycaps? These threads make zero sense, who the fuck makes fashion out of keyboards?

Customizable pieces of technology that you use every day. Why wouldn't it become a fashion statement?

The sound, the shape, the color, the lettering, and lighting all customizable to your taste.

i never posted here before lul

That profile mismatch triggered my autism

Where do i cop a good but cheap machanical keyboard that doesn't have gayman bloat?

Amazon

I bought a das keyboard years ago and now the space bar doesn't spring back up. The issue is with the springs on the sides or the bar underneath, the switch is fine. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

this guy just returned it
youtube.com/watch?v=5b64psDiM6Q

I'm gonna try this again

>Budget
70€
>Location (continent at least)
Spain
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Blue LEDs, mandatory
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech K200

Asking for my brother to avoid him getting some turd..

best tactile non clickly switch? remember few years ago trying some zealios, are they still the best tactile non clicky or are they a meme switch now? What switches to look at, been out the game for a few years.

Is there any place I can get cherry mx keycaps with apl symbols?

They were never better than MX Clears which are still the best cherry based tactile switches

Cherry G80-3000

Etsy

That would be me suggestion for him if it had LEDS or if it wasn't out of stock everywhere here.

Unfortunately for some reason mechanical keyboards in Spain are 50-80% more expensive compared to first world countries. If you don’t mind chink shit then aliexpress is your only option

Actually Cherry wasn't overpriced at all, that keyboard has been selling here for 60€ for around 10 years, I'm not sure if it is discontinued here or something.

I don't mind chink shit.

I just want him to pay for what he gets, but he wants to get pic related, Thunder X3 TK50, from a brand I've never heard of, with no info about the switches besides being "brown", for 60€.

That's a cute bananya doll, I kinda want one now, too

hmmm i remember everyone saying zeals were better clears, how come clears are better? been a long time topre user is it worth trying some of these mx switches now?

>mx red

> i remember everyone saying
people say that cuz they're silly and try to buy a personal identity with keyboard parts. it's unhealthy consumerism that plebbit shops take full advantage of by pretending to be """"community members""""""", whatever the fuck that means
>how come clears are better?
clears are better cuz they're cheaper, more readily available, more durable, more tactile, and have less wobble
zealios are smoother, which subjectively, i've come to the conclusion is actually sorta detrimental to tactility in switches
>been a long time topre user is it worth trying some of these mx switches now
also, ive been using 45g topre everyday for a while now and i still find mx-clears to be more tactile, and consistent feeling, but i dont know if it's really a big enough deal to buy another keyboard over if you're happy with what you have

ahhh, thanks, i really appreciate it user.

how is being smoother detrimental to the tactility? Like how lube will reduce the tactility of a switch?

Yup I have two hhkb's for two machines that I have lubed and silenced, one black and one white, they don't feel exactly the same, the white one feels slightly more solid but not as crisp... just having an itch since the white one doesn't feel perfect like my black one. Also thinking that a 60% aluminum would look a lot more modern than the all off white hhkb

How would you describe Buckling Spring and Topre in terms of comparisons to Cherry MX switches?

buckling spring is one of the most tactile switches, imagine a blue on steroids, the actuation happens very suddenly since the spring buckles. The best way I describe Topre is that it's a similar to a brown but much better, smoother and a much larger tactile bump.

You can get a cooler Master keyboard with PBT keycaps and cherry switches for that price here. That keyboard should be closer to 40, but since it’s hard to get keyboards there try and see if you can find a used costar keyboard

helo you wana be my personal pet?

TITS or GTFO

they have hairs if you like them like that...

do i pull the trigger on fc660c
coming from cherry mx reds on k70

>how is being smoother detrimental to the tactility? Like how lube will reduce the tactility of a switch?
I find the consistent grittiness of MX-Clears for example to provide another layer of tactile sensation that is absent with lubed switches. I've come to the personal conclusion that smoothness and tactility are just sort of a counter productive combination. Like, why use a tactile switch if you want to smooth it out? It's an advantage of linear switches if that's what you're looking for.

>Also thinking that a 60% aluminum would look a lot more modern
I like how aluminum cases look and feel too. Going from using an aluminum case to the plastic HHKB case really just made me confused as to how the HHKB costs so much given the quality of it's construction

I'm considering picking up a Magicforce 68 for 59€.

Gateron brown, can I do any better with this budget?

I might get it now and buy better keycaps in the future.

What's the case in the background?

aliexpress,
or if you don't mind ABS, you can create your own at maxkeyboard

Fjell

wireless
preferably with number pad
whatever's best for typing (mx blue?)
good aesthetics preferred
bonus: brightness buttons or knob or something
double bonus: mac keycaps

A wireless model M battleship keyboard

do they exist

That yellow key cap set is crazy.
Got link?

Does anyone here have the glorious modular keyboard? If so what are your thoughts? (besides the cringe inducing name)

You need an active converter to remap the extra buttons, but they do exist. If you use a normal model M you can just use a normal adapter

I just want something that I can buy and not deal with bullshit, I'm not sure what extra buttons I need really

there are probably systemwide keyboard shortcuts for brightness etc for kbs that don't have them

dedicated keys are always more convenient, but if you don't care about then then get a Filco convertible

This guy gets it. Heck, sometimes - for some people - it can even be considered questionable to use a mechanical keyboard, if the switches aren't your type. Heck, I type a lot better with an Apple Magic Keyboard than with MX Reds. I had to get myself a Topre in order to find a keyboard that is better in *all* use scenarios.

that guy gets shit, he just saw some keycaps that weren't like the ones he has on his shiti 10 dollar keyboard and though that everything goes around plastic pieces on top of switches instead of lurking a bit more and stop being the fucking pretentious random nigger that joins a thread for the first time he decided to make the dumbest statement a newfagg could do.

As a guy who uses a Magic Keyboard right now, am I really going to benefit by getting a keyboard with MX Blues, or is it just fucking autism? I tried one for a few minutes in a store and it just seemed marginally clickier but that's about it.

tl;dr is a mechanical keyboard a real, objective improvement over this scissor switch keyboard I'm using now?

>cherry browns with THICk PBT caps
>$50 USD
I feel like i did good.

No, any and all keyboard stuff is a subjective improvement in feel/enjoyment of use at best.

Well I will say that I feel a huge improvement with this magic keyboard vs. a typical rubber dome. If it's truly simply subjective I guess I'll just need to give them a whirl. I wish there were fewer models or more wireless models with extra media keys/volume buttons heh

Only real complaint about the magic keyboard is the lack of a number pad and I don't want to buy another magic kb just for that

Is greed good?

honestly concerned for the mental health of whoever owns all these

>matrix layout

Cherry reds are nice. They have an quick distance actuation and are light.
It's like you enjoy typing slow.

what's up with the led's in these keyboards?
looks like it's only in the switch so does it have to be an all-in-one or can I get browns/whites/clears with led's?
and then could you jam those in any other keyboard or is the software controller based on the keyboard entirely?

reds vs blues?

The reasons to pick Zealio instead of MX Clear has a lot more to do than just muh meme:
- For a while, MX Clear was pretty fucking rare, esepcially if you're building a custom.
- MX Clear can be too heavy for some (if not many).
- Ergo-Clear (i.e light-weight Clear) is probably the best but also requires way too much time and autism to make them.
And so, many pick Zealio (or later, Mod-M and Hako and such) because they all promise to be off-the-shelf Ergo-Clear (plus smoother, which is always nice to have).
Alps & buckling spring & Topre aside, IMO Zealio 67g is still the best non-clicky tactile MX swtich. Sure, it's more expensive, but when you're building a custom with alu case and custom keycaps and whatnot, the switches make up a very small slice of the cost

>- For a while, MX Clear was pretty fucking rare, esepcially if you're building a custom.
bullshit, at least since zealios have existed
>- MX Clear can be too heavy for some (if not many).
ergo clear
>- Ergo-Clear (i.e light-weight Clear) is probably the best but also requires way too much time and autism to make them.
how is swapping spring "too much time" to someone who is joining a groupbuy for a keyboard switch to solder onto a keyboard pcb. if you have the time to do that you have the time to swap springs, lmao. and this is also pretending that people buying zealios are people more likely to do further modifications anyway like additional lube

go back to the shadows

That's like herbal tea vs craft beer.
2 totally different things.
Try them all.

those are smd led's so no

I have the TKL variant with Gateron blacks.
The stock stabs are absolute ass and really need to be clipped and lubed. Also the case is pretty hollow sounding but still pretty heavy. It's a decent quality board and the main feature of it having hot swappable keys is nice.

>how is swapping spring "too much time" to someone who is joining a groupbuy for a keyboard switch to solder onto a keyboard pcb
Dude, I pay them, then I go about my life dandily while waiting for shit to be delivered to my door.
And, if you live where I live, you can pay a dude like 15 bucks to assemble the whole thing for you.
That's 100% different than buying the stems and the switches and sitting down and changing the stems of all 70-90 switches.
There's a spectrum of acceptable effort here, man. Just because I prefer custom builds doesn't mean I'm anal about ALL the little details.
Not saying your decision is wrong. Just that there's a valid reason to go the other way.

god you're unbelievably retarded
just pay your "dude" another 15 bucks to swap the springs then? ???? ??? how could you actually use charging someone to solder a keyboard for you an advantage of zealios lmao. thats one ive never heard before

why's it so flat? is there no 'click' with reds?

Ok, so smd is mounted on the keyboard / circuit board and I want translucent browns?
Also still looks like led on switch in closeup of my original PIC ture

killyouare self. The actuation on blues is so late. The switch is for slugs.

>Also still looks like led on switch in closeup of my original PIC ture
I'm not 100% certain what the fuck that means, but no the LEDs are not in the switch and are mounted on the PCB. The translucent housing allows the light to shine through giving a more even lighting when compared to a traditional 3mm LED

Any reason why the 62,65,78g variants wouldn’t be considered GOAT
How are ergo clears compared to zealous though? Aren’t seas still smoother ?

probably not if you lube the ergo clears.
from the factory zealios should be smoother

sounds like reds are for retards who hate clicks

desu it’s not worth it lads... what do I replace this with?

just get an old 70% alps keyboard

Sounds like blues are for retards who type at 80 wpm max

Both are for retards who have weak fingers. Get a real switch.

magic keyboard 140wpm master race

I type at 90 wpm on blues take that back

Recommend me a white keyboard to use with an iMac

Man I really can't decide between an HHKB and an FC660C.

They both have their pros and cons and I can't figure out which I'd like more.

just go for the hhkb so you can gloat about owning one

If you think you like arrows without using fn all the time, get a 660c. But either way, hasu controller it up.

i ordered a white fc660c yesterday

Any one got the Vortex Vibe?
I want to get it.

Ducky One

low profile looks so shit with SA

SA is shit and too tall anyway

Where can I buy a topre tester before I spend $250 on a keyboard I may not like?

This is a very good question.

ebay.com/itm/55g-Topre-Realforce-Switch-Tester-KEYCHAIN-Keyboard-Key-/272082587370

but you can always try topre from the keyboards in front of you, they feel the same

pls respond

Also It will be used only for typing, are gateron brown a good choice?

Should I go for a Tada 69?

I'm just posting in the only thread about keyboards here, not specifically about mechanical ones.

I have a new keyboard that has seen ~5 months of use and actual ruts are forming in the most used keys, the lettering having worn away.

I've never seen this before ever, my old ps/2 keyboard never had this phenomenon in all its years of use, I think I have to throw the whole thing out, but what can I trust to replace it with?

If you don't care about mechanicals at all, I can recommend you the Logitech k120.

Fuck i want to try something like this.
Does this provide any actual benefits?

Don't listen to the Ducky shill, get a Race 3. Probably the best keeb for Mac out of the box tbqh pham

whats is TTC switches? how ye think about?

I need a mech keyb but i can't decide between anne pro and a vortex pok3r, both rgb and with cherry mx brown.

What Would user Get?

>tfw i ordered Melody96

Fuck my wallet.

I also have a dactyl I still have yet to assemble.

But this thing is gonna look dank with my XDA Milestone Sakura keycaps on it.