Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/roccat-linux/roccat-tools
alumni.media.mit.edu/~mellis/mouse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not opening and desoldering the lights yourself

Use a VM

>paying extra for an rgb mouse at the first place
You deserve it.

just uninstall it. should have used a vm, if you are that worried.

name a mouse as good as the g403 that's cheaper, rgb optional

>he bought a logitech gaymen mouse
Expect the switches to break in a year, hope you can solder :^)

yeah well since every mouse I have ever bought did that in about the same timeframe I'll wait and see, willing to try anything at this point

the mice that come with lots of extra buttons also come with meme rgb and botnet software

This.

I hate this. Razer does it, Logitech does it, Corsair does it, and now even SteelSeries does it. Zowie doesn't, but that's because they don't really have any bells and whistles. Why can't I just install a piece of software that I can control offline and without an account? It isn't hard.

>install botnet
>turn off stupid lights
>uninstall botnet

An 8-way potentiometer. Goes for around $20 if you include USB programming. Add as many LEDs as you want.

>stupid lights turn back on

Why do you buy a known bloat/LED mouse in the first place you weeb tard?

>Why can't I just install a piece of software that I can control offline and without an account?
Neither the Razer or Logitech software requires an account and both work offline.

>Buying mice that needs extra drivers

>buy "human interface device"
>it doesn't work on my botnet
>go on botnet to look for a solution
>download and install a botnet to make it work

That's the point, they don't. The settings are stored on the mouse, you only need the botnet to change them once.

1. They do require an account.
2. Even if they didn't, you have to login to them once before you can use the software.

either buy and program your own leds, or write your own drivers and os

there's no other way to escape the botnet

Roccat. They even have open source Linux utilities.

If that's true, my boner shalt pierce the heavens.

github.com/roccat-linux/roccat-tools

>thousands of mice with no leds available for purchase
>buy a mouse with leds anyways
>complain about having to install software to disable the leds

roccats linux dev is no longer working for them. older mouse support is excellent though.

Where the fuck do I enter my account you lying sack of shit?

No it isn't.

had mine for 3 years and everything (besides being annoyed by the same problem as the OP) works perfectly, i use it for work 8+ hours a day.

cool misinformation, why are you outright lying when your claims are so easily disproven?

>willing to try anything at this point
stop lying

If switches break in a year, you get a replacement from Logitech.

Buddy you probably bought the mouse from a botnet in the first place so quit your jabbering.

Whatever happened to Plug-and-play?

I'll never understand how expensive mouses always end up breaking. In my whole life I have only used chink mouses and I'm yet to see one dying.

There isn't even a spot in the Logitech software to connect an account.

Cool, good to know. Thanks.

Logifags getting really mad. OK, so maybe with Logitech you don't now, but I definitely did with mine in 2013.

Quit being a Windows cuck and take control of your hardware.

>using a closed-source mouse

Name an open-source mouse?

I don't know of any, but that's not a valid excuse to use closed-source hardware.

So I don't understand why you even posted then, you are obviously using a closed, proprietary mouse/trackpad, so why the hell are you shilling an open-source mouse that doesn't exist?

And it is a valid excuse, if it doesn't exist.

I'm telling OP that his expectations don't match up with reality. Just as when you shouldn't expect anything to go right when you use closed-source software, you shouldn't expect anything to go right when you use closed-source hardware.
I'll buy the first open-source mouse that comes out, though, for sure.

> alumni.media.mit.edu/~mellis/mouse/

If this is the future of open-source mice, we are all going to be using closed-source mice even faster than we already are. And by that I mean we will always use them.

>only use a laptop for at least five years
>even got used to keyboard for most of tasks
>no wrist pain, no elbow strain, nothing

feels goodlove man

This. Just remember to put in resistors of equal value afterwards to avoid potential accidents with arcing and to generally keep your hands warm.

>buying gayming mice

g402

>Logifags getting really mad. OK, so maybe with Logitech you don't now, but I definitely did with mine in 2013.

I have been using Logitech mice for 15+ years, and I have never had to log in anywhere, be it to download drivers or within the software itself. Stop lying please, you're simply, factually incorrect.

That being said, I don't really like that the software runs on start up. Can I safely kick it out without it forgetting to set my polling rate or my five different dpi settings?

The g603 costs $20 more but it's wireless and has pretty much the same form factor and specs. I still had to install their botnet software on a Windows VM to change the dpi settings because 3200 wasn't enough for a 4K screen with no mouse acceleration.

That's not a mouse you dip

I have a very old razer deathadder. Luckily led settings persist, so at some point I turned them off and they're still off even without the software and through several os reinstalls. Try to just remove the software after configuring it. Dpi and polling rare settings probably dont persist, but I dont game so I wouldnt know.

You really don't know shit, do you?

haha, no.

I've used this mouse for over 10 years and it still works better than almost anything new I've ever tried

>Can I safely kick it out without it forgetting to set my polling rate or my five different dpi settings?
You can if your mouse has on-board memory, but make sure your settings are actually saved on the mouse and not on the computer, since it's disabled by default.