Tfw fell for the 144hz monitor meme

>tfw fell for the 144hz monitor meme

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/srep07861
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

144hz monitors are the future, as well as 240hz and 480hz.

144Hz over 60 is one of the most noticeable changes that one can see. 60Hz hertz my eyes now. I would like to see a 4K monitor sometime though

>thinking 144hz monitors are memes

Try actually setting the correct refresh rate, dumbass.

>hertz my eyez
well played kind sir
*tips fedora*

Get your eyes checked.

Checked

should have atleast got a 288hz. How do you even use that thing?

Damn brainlets don't realize that anything above 60 Hz is just for show and the eye can't technically do anything with the extra Hz'

Yea, you got memed into buying something superior. I get it, so you want use to tell you to buy something stupid? OK, go spend 500$ on a 4K monitor, that you probably won't even be able to run games at 60 FPS on, go ahead. I can't wait for the
>tfw fell for the 4k monitor meme.

>tfw don't get the 144hz vs 60hz meme
:)

Is 144hz really the amount that's necessary? I remember back in the early LCD days they were all default 72hz, at least all the ones I got. Then they cut it down to 60hz just to rape our eyes. Now they're telling us that you have to buy something more than twice that because reasons. Even though back when CRTs had variable refresh rate, I had the options between 90, 72, and 60 and 90 might have been slightly better, but 72 was plenty fine whereas dropping to 60 was pure eye-rape (even more so than a 60 Hz LCD, so I doubt it's that "90hz CRTs are better than 90hz LCDs would be, so new flatscreens need high for reasons). Just seems to me like the industry has been playing games.

This is a joke post, yes?

Anything around 100 is super comfy

Just walk into a store and look at one for yourself and then tell me you don't see a noticeable difference. If you want an easy to find example, walk into an Apple Store, look for the iPad Pro and use it.

Actually 960hz and 1920hz are where it's at. My friend's dad says 3840hz is just around the corner. He works at nintendo's nasa department.

On paper a human eye has a rate of 1.0 × 10-10 seconds of resolution, translated into an image you can understand by the nerve bundle attached to your eye that decides what your brain gets to see.

If you want to use a lossy format like 60HZ because you are literally too poor to afford higher resolution then be my guest, but don't for one second pretend there is no use for anything higher because muh human reaction times.

Poor people have retinaldehyde envy. Sad.

man only needs what his eye can interpret

Underrated post

So you all are watching videos with more than 60 fps, or are you confessing on Sup Forums to play videogames with more than 60 fps?

Define "no use". I'd like to see a proper study about how people can experience difference between different frame rates.

>144Hz
>meme
Pick one. If you are having issues then your settings are wrong or your GPU is too weak to take advantage of a high refresh rate.

144hz is complete garbage. 120hz/240hz or bust.

Related
nature.com/articles/srep07861

The human eye can't see more than 24 Hz.

And to open up a little

>with spatially uniform light there were no flicker artifacts seen above 65 Hz
>with spatially variable light there were flicker artifacts reported even above 500 Hz