What are the Thinkpads of Chromebooks?

That is to say, what are good chromebooks that are cheap and will last me years?

Do all of them now run android apps or is it just the Pixelbook 2?

i have a pixelbook 2013 that i purchased after i fell for the thinkpad meme and its been great, installed galliumOS, modded bios and all. only cost me like $350 last year too for the 64gb. i. just replaced it the other day with a yoga 900.

Why upgrade to the Yoga?
How much did it cost you?

I'm curious, what you can do with a chrome book? Other than weigh it's mass?

I just want something lightweight and fast, I have a desktop to do all my other shite

I'm pretty sure my farts are lightweight and fast, I don't have a desktop to replace my farts, I just don't need em.

I actually bent one of the hinges so when I close it, the top half is crooked lol it's not really a big deal at all and it's only noticeable if you look at it but meh I'm going to use my chromebook as a server anyway. I just picked up a yoga 900 for like $700 bucks with an i7. Either way, my chromebook pixel is the shit and the aspect ratio is fucking amazing, 3:2 ftw

and i bent the hinge because i dropped it down a flight of concrete stairs at work by accident. its all metal so nothing really happened other than the bent hinge

I need something portable as well

Here is all 3 of em lol

Was it able to run android apps or was it tied to the chrome store still

Install Linux on it.

Is the Yoga good? Was it expensive?

thinkpad chromebook

Pixel 2015 is pretty good

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Wanted to get one of these solely for the screen. Might at some point, though I don't know how much I need a dedicated browser machine.

>no apps
>horrible with a touchscreen
I'm good

This. Replaced my T420 as daily driver. Butter smooth and my eyes no longer bleed.

no android apps on the 2013 model, the 2015 chromebook pixel does but thats like 1 grand. and either way chromeos sucks ass, but galliumOS is probably the best linux distro ive ever used if we're talking about shit that works right out of the box
im enjoying it right now but ive only had it for like 3 days and the keyboard sucks. it was only 600 bucks, runs great with fedora KDE. gnome runs worse on it than any other laptop i have ever used though, for some strange reason. i wouldve liked to keep gnome just because its better for touch screens but i guess you cant always get what you want when it comes to gnu'linux

X220s running Ubuntu.

Don't buy the botnet user. You're better than this.

chromebook pixel guy here, i have a focusrite scarlett 2i4 that is all metal and works great. its a red finish though